Why do I need a Bicycle Insurance?
What's not Covered?
We believe in transparency and, the first step to that is telling you exactly what’s not covered.
How to claim?
Whenever you or cycle are in trouble, just give us a call on 1800-258-5956 or email us at email@example.com and we’ll take care of the rest.
What is a bicycle insurance?
A bicycle insurance is an insurance customized for cyclists and their beloved cycles. The purpose of a cycle insurance is to safeguard cyclists from losses and damages that arise in unforeseen and unfortunate situations such as thefts and accidental damages.
Why is a bicycle insurance important?
Nimble, light and easy to ride, bicycles are increasingly becoming a preferred mode of transport for millennials across cities in India. Whether it’s due to its many health and environmental benefits or simply because it’s easier and efficient amidst heavy traffic and short routes to work. Just like any other vehicle insurance, a cycle insurance is made to protect you from damages and financial losses that could come in the way whilst you ride around the city. Whether you have one of those fancy sport bikes or an average cycle you use to ride around when you feel like it, a cycle insurance is important for the primary reason that it will protect you from losses that are more common than you think. Let’s take some scenarios for example;
· Say you’re riding to work and suddenly, you get into a little accident. A cycle insurance would then cover for the expenses to repair the damages to your cycle and, any injuries caused to yourself.
· One weekend, you decide to spend your Sunday cycling around town but, unfortunately you fall off your bike and have a sprain to deal with. A cycle insurance would come to your rescue by covering for your medical expenses for the same.
· If you’re someone who fancies triathlons and the like, and often use your cycle because of the same – a bicycle insurance in this case is almost necessary due to the number of risks you’re often facing. Whether it’s a bad fall or damages to your bike beyond repair, a cycle insurance will always insure you against it all, so you can instead just focus on your sport.
A bicycle Insurance for all kind of cyclists
Digit’s bicycle insurance online is suited for just about every kind of cyclist:
· For the ones who prefer riding to work over spending hours in traffic.
· For the fitness enthusiasts who are just prepping up for the next big triathlon.
· For the ones who only cycle when they’re really feel 'in it.
· For the ones who cycle for the love of the environment.
What are the benefits of a bicycle insurance?
There are many benefits of getting a bicycle insurance, some of which include:
1. Get covered for any accidental damages caused to your cycle. This way, you won’t need to spend extra money to repair for damages caused to your cycle in unforeseen situations.
2. In case your cycle is unfortunately stolen or damaged beyond repair, a cycle insurance benefits you by replacing your cycle with the same or similar cycle. This way, you won’t be under any financial pressure to get a new or have no cycle at all.
3. In case of extreme cases where you need an emergency treatment or evacuation, or there’s been a death, a cycle insurance will be there for you and cover for the treatments and hospital expenses arising due to the same.
Who should get a bicycle insurance?
The simple answer to this would be, anyone who owns and rides a bicycle! But just for the sake of specifics, you should get a bicycle insurance if you can relate to any of these:
1. If you’re someone who actively rides his/her bicycle to stay fit. Triathlons and long hours of cycling around the outskirts is something you’d fancy too.
2. If you’re someone who rides a bicycle often to commute to work or cover short distances around the city.
3. If you’re someone who owns a cycle, but only use it occasionally.
4. If you’re someone who plans on buying a bicycle sometime soon, after all you do believe that the environment does need more cyclists to live longer.
Compare Cycle Insurance Quotes in India
Off lately, there has been a rise in the number of cyclists in India. With the same, there has also been a gradual increase in insurances for cyclists and their cycles. If you’re someone who’s planning on taking an insurance only for the first time and aren’t too sure of the different things you should be taking into consideration, here are some basic parameters you should compare before buying the best cycle insurance for yourself:
1. Coverage Details - The primary purpose of a cycle insurance is to be covered and protected from unforeseen situations. This could include everything from minor injuries and damages to fatal accidents. Therefore, compare the kind of coverages available and see what suits your needs the most.
2. Sum Insured - One of the most important bits about your bicycle insurance! Sum insured is the amount you’ll receive during claims. Therefore, while comparing different cycle insurances, look at the sum insured to see if it’s a practical amount or not.
3. Personal Accident Cover - A personal accident cover means you’ll also be covered for any personal injuries in case of an accident. While a personal accident cover is usually part of most bicycle insurance plans, it is vital to check if your desired insurance provider covers for it or not.
4. Theft - Unfortunately, thefts are pretty common in the case of cycles, it’s extremely important to see if your desired bicycle insurance plan covers for thefts or not, and how much. At Digit, we replace the loss of your bike with the same or similar bike.
5. Service Benefits - very insurance provider is distinctive by the kind of service benefits they offer. Therefore, look for service benefits and go for the one that you think suits your personal requirements the most.
Myths about Bicycle Insurance
Myth #1: Bicycle Insurance is only for professional bikers and cyclists
This is one of the most common misconception people have. A bicycle insurance isn’t only made for professional bikers or cyclists but for anyone who owns and rides a cycle! Whether you ride on a professional basis or as a hobby, it doesn’t matter.
Myth #2: Bicycle Insurance is too expensive
That’s not true! A bicycle insurance is pretty reasonable – depending on the bicycle insurance plan you buy. With digit’s bicycle insurance online, everything is digital and technology enabled so we’re able to offer a lesser bicycle insurance quote than most players in the market.
Myth #3: My Bicycle will never get stolen
That’s optimistic but unfortunately, it happens all the time. Whether it’s a part of the bicycle or the complete bicycle itself. Cycles have a higher risk of being stolen as compared to other vehicles and that’s where having a bicycle insurance comes to use.
Tips to Maintain your Bicycle
Tip #1: Clean your bicycle from time to time, especially the little nooks and corners like the spokes, chains and sprockets.
Tip #2: Ensure your cycle tyres are always inflated and ensure it’s not over inflated either!
Tip #3: Always check your brakes. They’re usually one of those bike parts prone to getting spoiled.
Tip #4: Ensure that your bicycle chain has the right tension and is well lubricated. Consider changing it too if it’s been too long!