It’s a long weekend and you are all set for your road trip. You kick the engine, feel the soothing breeze and race your car on a smooth road. Just as you feel everything is perfect, your car gets a flat tyre in the middle of the road. You manage to save yourself from any harm and bring the vehicle to the safe side of the road. When you check you see that you do not have a jack or a Stepney in your car. It’s 4 am in the morning and you are in the middle of nowhere.
Scary, right? At such odd hours when all the shops are closed and the mechanics are peacefully sleeping in their homes, a roadside assistance service can be of utmost help. Instead of calling everyone you know who can get you in touch with a mechanic or scanning the Internet, a handy assistance number can bring a stop to a lot of inconvenience. It’s like your personal SOS number! Just call when you are in trouble and they will take it from there.
What’s more, some car insurances have such services included in the policy. Taking the car insurance that offers breakdown assistance is like unlocking the key to travel convenience.
So, let’s look at where all breakdown or roadside assistance can cover your back:
- Flat Battery: Making an alternate arrangement so that your car starts moving.If the battery needs to be changed, the insurance company will take care of the repair costs, although you need to pay for the new battery.
- Spare Key: Arranging for pickup and delivery of spare keys or providing unlocking services of a vehicle technician.
- Flat Tyre: Getting a technician to repair / replace the tyre, or arranging to take the tyre to the nearest repair facility. If the tyre needs to be changed, you will have to pay for it although the repair costs will be borne by the insurer.
- Minor Repairs: Providing you with telephonic assistance for a solution, or sending a technician to carry out the repairs.
- Towing Facilities: Arranging for a towing service to the nearest Digit Authorized Repair Shop, in case of irreparable breakdown or an accident.
- Urgent Message Relay to Relatives: Arranging to send urgent message to persons requested by you, through available means of communication.
- Fuel Assistance: Arranging for supply of up to 5 litres of fuel (the fuel is chargeable) if your car has run out of fuel, or arranging for towing to the nearest garage in case of immobilization due to contaminated fuel.
- Also, Taxi and Accommodation benefits are provided if you are too far from the city, so that you and your family are safe in the first place.
So, breakdown assistance ensures that if your car betrays you on road you don’t go through a shot of anxiety and panic.
Digit’s Car Insurance comes with an inbuilt breakdown assistance service that takes care of the convenience and labour costs. We serve you up to 500 kms from your city (unlike others covering only 100 kms). Our heart is filled with love for you. 😊
Next time you think about a road trip, car breakdown should be the last thing on your mind!