Your leading light out of the dark.
Can Cancer be cured? Yes, it Can Sir! There are numerous cases in the recent past where people have fought cancer and completely recovered. Screening and immediate treatment is the key. Thanks to all the new-found medical marvels of today, the chances of a complete recovery is no more a realm, but a reality.
Even though these modern-day treatments assure you less pain, when it comes to treating cancer, the do have a downside; the procedure can be long. Treatment protocols are time consuming and requires follow ups. And are very, very expensive. Here’s where Cancer Benefit Cover has you covered!
Insurance companies now provide with you Cancer Treatment Insurance that ensures that your entire treatment costs are covered for. From diagnosis to cancer-related treatment such as chemotherapy, surgery, hospitalisation, Radiation therapy, immunotherapy and other incurred expenses, along with multiple years of follow up.
Rest assured, Cancer Insurance helps those effected and, their families remain strong emotionally, physically, and most importantly, financially.
No matter what statistics say, there’s always a way.
Cancer can strike like an unforeseen bolt of lightning!
In India alone about 10 lakh people are diagnosed with cancer every year
By 2035, these numbers may almost double, and so will the cost of the treatment.
Anybody, regardless of their lifestyle and family history can fall prey to cancer, it is advised that you purchase Cancer Insurance so that you are at least stress-free when it comes to your finances. After all, prevention is better than cure!
Now it’s time to breathe a sigh of relief after all.
Cancer Treatment Insurance by and large covers the following types of cancer:
· Stomach cancer
· Lung cancer
· Breast cancer
· Prostate cancer
· Ovarian cancer
· Larynx cancer
Life is complicated enough. Thankfully, choosing your Cancer Treatment Insurance is policy easy!
Here are helpful tips to be kept in mind before buying a cancer insurance plan:
1. Go for High Sum Assured
The duration of cancer treatment is long. So, it is wiser to opt for a cancer insurance plan that offers a high sum assured amount.
2. Your Plan Should Cover all Stages of Cancer
Even though the rates of cancer insurance policy are high, go for a plan that covers you through all stages of cancer.
3. The Plan Should Provide Premium Waiver and Income Benefit
The high cost of cancer treatment can inevitably take your income for a toss. Hence, go for a plan that acts as a financial backup during these situations.
4. Go through the Terms and Conditions of Survival and Waiting Period of the Policy
Check and re-check the waiting period of the policy i.e. the time period you will have to wait before the policy starts providing coverage. Moreover, check the survival period of the policy to claim maximum benefits.
5. Check Family Health History
Cancer insurance makes more sense if you have a family history of cancer. Keep in mind that cancer insurance can only provide coverage for cancer. Also screening every year will help manage the risk better.
6. Double Policy Does Not Mean Double Coverage
Having a separate cancer insurance policy along with a comprehensive health insurance plan does not mean that you can avail the benefits of both the plans at the same time, unless you opt for cancer benefit policy.
If cancer benefit policy is taken, regular hospitalization and treatment expenses are covered by your health insurance plan and a lumpsum can be claimed under the cancer benefit plan, which will help in the other expenses.
Key Features and Benefits of Cancer Insurance in a nutshell:
· This policy can be purchased online or offline.
· You can choose the ‘Level Sum Insured’ option or the ‘Increasing Sum Insured’ plan option.
· Cancer benefit or cancer hospitalization policy can be opted as per your choice
· This policy comes with an inbuilt premium waiver benefit for all stages of Cancer.
· In case one is diagnosed with Early Stage Cancer, 25% of the sum insured will be offered as a lump sum pay-out.
· In case of Major Stage Cancer, the policyholder will receive 100% of the sum insured at diagnosis and an income benefit for the following 10 years.
· The general waiting period for this policy is 60 to 180 days. The survival period is 7 to 30 days.
· This policy can be purchased by individuals between 20 and 65 years for a policy tenure between 10 and 30 years.
· The minimum and maximum sum insured for this plan are Rs.10 lakh and Rs.50 lakh.
All in all, Cancer Benefit Plan is a little respite in an otherwise daunting struggle.
Want to read more about health insurance? Read this blog!