For an unknown place can come with unwanted surprises!
You’ve finally arrived at your dream destination, and while you soak in the mesmerizing surroundings, you can’t help but think to yourself- After all, dreams do come true😊!
As the adrenaline rush kicks in, you forget the jet lag, the lack of sleep, or any other glitch that you might have faced during your journey. For, it’s time to unleash the adventurer in you and explore your picture-perfect holiday destination😊!
But, before you decide to go ahead and paint the town red, or whatever other colour you’d like to😊, there are certain precautions you must take to avoid any sort of hitch that could pose a threat to your vacation!
So, without wasting any more of your precious holiday time, we’ve put together some short and crisp tips to stay safe at your destination:
· Use ATMs during the day, when there are people around.
· Try to rely more on credit cards and travellers’ cheques than cash.
· Avoid sharing taxis with strangers.
· Match your dress style to that of the locals. Don't wear an obvious 'tourist' outfit. While we know this might not be always possible, however it is good to know about the local culture.
· Don't wear expensive jewellery on obvious display.
· Always lock your hotel door when retiring for the night.
· Ask your hotel manager for advice on 'safe' versus 'unsafe' local areas.
Despite taking all the above-mentioned precautions, there are certain unavoidable and unfortunate glitches that you might face. But don’t worry, your Travel Insurance has you covered under such circumstances😊!
These situations may include:
· If you do happen to get injured while indulging in Adventure Sports such as Scuba Diving, Hand Gliding, Bungee Jumping et al., your treatment expenses are covered.
· If you fall ill, all your hospitalization and medical expenses till the time you recuperate will be covered.
· If your illness is serious and calls for some emotional support, your Travel Insurance will cover all the expenses required for one member of your family back home to join you at your destination. This includes travel, accommodation et al.!
· If unfortunately, you happen to lose your passport, there’s no need to panic for your Travel Insurance company will help you in getting a duplicate passport. It will cover you for the expenses that is needed for you to get another passport or travel to other places, or back home.
· In the worst case scenario where you have to abandon your vacation all together, which could be due to the loss of close family member back home, a serious ailment or any other emergency, your Travel Insurance will reimburse you with all the non-refundable amount that you’ve already paid for, such as accommodation, planned events, excursions etc.
That said, fingers crossed, you don’t have to encounter any of the above situations. Here’s wishing you a brilliant and trouble-free vacation😊!