Many of today’s health-conscious youth are resorting to various methods to remain in the pink of health. From eating healthy organic foods, exercising, doing yoga et.al! While all these measures that they take, do help them to a great extent, you won’t believe that there is a psychological downside to it- They will never get sick!
Statistics prove that there has been a drastic rise in people in the age group of 16 to 35 who are affected with serious ailments such as Cancer and Heart attacks. Something that was unheard of a decade or so ago. Sad but true.
Statistics reveal that anywhere between 15% and 20% of the heart attack patients today fall under the age bracket of 25 to 35 years. And more than 50% of road accident victims are under 35 years -Source: Times of India
Why do you need a health insurance policy?
As we’ve mentioned, Life doesn’t always go as per plan and the point of having a health insurance policy is to protect you during these unfortunate times.
· Comes to your rescue in case of an illness or accident
· Has benefits like a free annual health check-up and benefits like OPD (Out-patient department) benefit, Day-care treatment etc.
· Here’s the icing on the cake, If you start a health insurance policy at a young age, the insurance premiums are lower and you cross the waiting period while you are still in good health. Pretty good, right?
Well the reasons for youngsters to be prone to illness and disease can be:
· stress from a fast-paced and hectic lifestyle in the hustle and bustle of the city
· unhealthy food habits
· rise in pollution, global warming et al.
Nevertheless, youngsters still think that they are invincible, and believe that Health Insurance is something that they need to think about only once they reach their 30’s or become senior citizens!
This ‘Health Day’, we wanted to create an awareness among youngsters about the importance of Health Insurance.
Do read our detailed blog to know more about the advantages of Health Insurance.