To know is to be empowered, said wise men.
But, so many times we underestimate the power of things that we don’t understand. How many times have you looked at the terms and conditions in a document and not read them thinking they are not important?
Similarly, when you look at your motor insurance policy, you are baffled by the number of jargons and choose a defense mechanism of selective retention. But if only we understood them in the simplest possible way, they would save us from a lot of hassle! After all, knowledge is power!
So, let’s take the first step and understand one jargon at a time. Let’s start with Third Party Cover.
Third Party Cover. Has this term always confused you about what it means and how you can use it?
Don’t worry! Let us de-jargonize it.
To start with, it’s a motor insurance policy that covers a person at a loss or has suffered material damage because of you. It’s a basic cover for anyone taking to the road in a motor vehicle and is compulsory by law.
What is covered?
- Personal Damage to Third Party
If a person loses life in an accident, a certain sum is offered. Or in case of a physical injury, everything from minor cuts to major fractures are covered.
- Property Damage Compensation
In case a damage occurs to someone’s car, house or any property, the owner is covered for the loss.
So, now let’s see how Digit’s Third-Party Insurance Cover works?
- If you ever meet with an accident (hope that never happens), we take care of any legal responsibilities arising out of that. That includes advocates, investigations and any verification.
- If there’s a compensation, we take care of it on your behalf as your policy comes with unlimited Third-Party liability.
- And if there’s no violation of terms, we will try for a non-monetary settlement on your behalf. If the situation arises, Digit will represent you in court.
- Most importantly, if you’ve been a good citizen and have admitted your fault for any kind of negligence, your Digit cover will still hold good.
- Also, you do not lose your NCB (No Claim Bonus), if you use the Third-Party part of your cover.
That was so simple and easy, right? But imagine, had you not known about it you would have lost out on something so important (we take a bow 😊).
Keep our first-hand information handy about third-party cover. And remember, Digit’s Third-Party Insurance saves you from the stress of road rage and traffic fights!