Imagine this. You're on a road trip. You race your car on a smooth road. Just as you feel everything is perfect, your car gets a flat tyre in the middle of the road. You manage to save yourself from any harm and bring the vehicle to the safe side of the road. When you check you see that you do not have a jack or a Stepney in your car. It’s 4 am in the morning and you are on the roadside looking for help, or roadside assistance.
Scary, right? At such odd hours when all the shops are closed and the mechanics are peacefully sleeping in their homes, a roadside assistance with your car insurance, can be of utmost help. Instead of calling everyone you know who can get you in touch with a mechanic or scanning the Internet for a towing service, a handy roadside assistance number that came with your car insurance, can bring a stop to a lot of inconvenience. It’s like your personal SOS number! Just call when you are in trouble and they will take it from there.
What’s more, some car insurance companies have such services including towing service, included in the car insurance policy. Taking the car insurance that offers roadside assistance is like unlocking the key to travel convenience.
So, let’s look at where all roadside assistance in your car insurance policy can cover your back:
- Flat Battery: Making an alternate arrangement so that your car starts moving.If the battery needs to be changed, the car insurance company will take care of the repair costs, although you need to pay for the new battery
- Spare Key: Arranging for pickup and delivery of spare keys or providing unlocking services of a vehicle technician, is provided by the car insurance company
- Flat Tyre: Getting a technician to repair / replace the tyre, or arranging to take the tyre to the nearest repair facility. If the tyre needs to be changed, you will have to pay for it although the repair costs will be borne by the car insurance company
- Minor Repairs: Providing you with telephonic assistance for a solution, or sending a technician to carry out the repairs
- Towing Service: Arranging for a towing service to the nearest Digit Authorized Repair Shop, in case of irreparable breakdown or an accident is also covered in the car insurance policy
- Urgent Message Relay to Relatives: Arranging to send urgent message to persons requested by you, through available means of communication.
- Fuel Assistance: Arranging for supply of up to 5 litres of fuel (the fuel is chargeable) if your car has run out of fuel, or arranging for towing to the nearest garage in case of immobilization due to contaminated fuel.
- Also, Taxi and Accommodation benefits are provided if you are too far from the city, so that you and your family are safe in the first place.
So, roadside assistance ensures that if your car betrays you on road you don’t go through a shot of anxiety and panic.
Digit’s Car Insurance policy comes with a roadside assistance add-on that takes care of the convenience and labour costs. We serve you up to 500 kms from your city (unlike others covering only 100 kms). Our heart and our roadside assistance cover is filled with love for you. 😊
Next time you think about a road trip, car breakdown should be the last thing on your mind!
Explain it like I'm five
We're making insurance so simple, now even 5-year-olds can understand it.
Neetu and her elder sister were walking to the nearest park. Suddenly they forgot the way and were stranded in an unknown location. They went to a nearby phone booth and called their mother. After giving details about the place they were, their mother asked them to wait there as she would come and pick them up. Roadside assistance is what they got!