Best Tractor Companies in India
Top 10 Tractor Brands in India
Today, several companies are manufacturing world-class tractors under various price segments. Therefore, whether farmers want to purchase a premium tractor or a budget-friendly one, these Indian tractor brands cover all their needs.
In India, the best tractor companies manufacture units using the latest technology that delivers unmatched performance and robust build quality.
Here is a list of tractor companies in India one should consider before making a purchase.
An integral part of the farm division, Mahindra tractors stands tall among the top 10 tractor companies in India. They entail a comprehensive range of tractors starting from ₹2.50 lakhs to ₹12.50 lakhs. Additionally, one can find powerful tractors ranging from 15 HP to 75 HP from this company's tractor collection.
Here are some other pointers of this brand farmers should be aware of:
- After-sales Service Network: As per the J.D Power 2018 India Tractor Customer Service Index (CSI) study, Mahindra tractors ranked 1st in satisfaction with the After-sales service experience.
- Years of Presence in the Market: The company has been present in the market for over 70 years.
- Build-up Quality: Tractors from Mahindra are durable and robust, making them appropriate for driving in rough terrains. They also feature a reliable engine that offers higher fuel efficiency.
- Technologies Used: The company's research and development facilities offer innovative technology solutions to farmers. One such cutting-edge technology is their driverless tractor technology.
- International Presence: Mahindra tractor manufacturing company is present in more than 40 countries and has manufacturing facilities across 8 countries.
- Awards: This company won the prestigious Japan Quality Medal and Deming Application Prize.
Examples of such tractors are Mahindra Yuvo 575 DI, Mahindra Novo 755 DI, Mahindra Jivo 225 DI etc.
2. Escorts Agri Machinery
Escorts Agri Machinery's diverse collection of tractors manufactured with top-notch engineering makes it the best tractor company in India. This tractor brand manufactures tractors between 12 HP and 35 HP power ranges under its sister brand FarmTrac and PowerTrac. Furthermore, the tractors are available between ₹2.60 lakhs and ₹5 lakhs price range.
Some of the other points are:
- After-sales Service Network: The company has over 800 touchpoints and a customer base of over 14,00,000. Also, it has more than 185 dealers across India.
- Years of Presence in the Market: Escorts was incorporated in 1944 as Escorts agents. Therefore, it has been present in the Indian market for over 5 decades.
- Build-up Quality: Tractors by Escort are engineered with modern technology that delivers enhanced power and traction. Also, the FarmTrac series tractors are a combination of style and comfort.
- Technologies Used: Combining Indian engineering with European finesse, PowerTrac tractors offer unparalleled fuel efficiency.
- International Presence: This brand marks its presence across 40+ countries.
- Awards: Escorts tractors have received National Safety Awards for their FarmTrac and PowerTrac manufacturing units.
Escort Josh 335, Escort MPT Jawan, and Escort Steeltrac are reputed models available in the market.
3. HMT Limited
Hindustan Machine Tools tractors are one of the oldest tractor brands in India. HMT tractors are available in the power range 25 HP to 75 HP, priced between ₹3 lakhs and ₹5 lakhs. Interestingly, this company is also engaged in diverse sectors like watches and the printing press.
Here are some points that a farmer can look into before purchasing a tractor from this brand.
- After-sales Service Network: With 300+ dealers, the company has successfully sold 3,60,000 units.
- Years of Presence in the Market: Since 1972, HMT tractors have made their presence in the Indian tractor market.
- Build-up Quality: This company has been mass producing utility tractors to meet the growing demands of farmers. Also, the tractors are known for their stylish built.
- Technologies Used: These tractors make use of fuel-efficient engines that meet regulation norms, direct axle, and flood gears.
- International Presence: No information available.
- Awards: NA.
Some examples of HMT tractors are HMT 2522 DX Tractor, HMT 3522 Tractor, HMT 2522 FX Tractor, etc.
Note: The company was closed in 2016.
Sonalika is a tractor manufacturing company producing a wide range of tractors between the range ₹3.20 and ₹15.60 lakhs. It entails various tractors starting from the power range 20 HP to 120 HP. Therefore, one can expect these tractors to deliver exceptional performance. As a result, this brand is one of the best tractor companies in India.
Some other criteria that make Sonalika stand out from other brands are as follows:
- After-sales Service Network: It has a widespread dealership network of more than 846 dealers and 1000+ customer touchpoint centres. Therefore, this brand extends high customer satisfaction.
- Years of Presence in the Market: The company launched its first tractor in 1996. Since then, it has been present in the Indian market.
- Build-up Quality: They manufacture highly efficient heavy-duty and premium tractors latest engineering and advanced technologies.
- Technologies Used: These tractors come with HDM engines, 4-wheel drive power on all wheels, high lifting capacity and more.
- International Presence: This leading tractor manufacturing company has a presence in over 130 countries.
- Awards: Received Global Agriculture Leadership Award and Innovative Leadership Award.
Some of the reputed Sonalika tractors include SIKANDER RX 50 4WD and SIKANDER RX 750 III DLX.
5. Force Motors
Force Motors offer an enhanced farming experience owing to their wide range of 21 HP to 51 HP Balwan tractors. The prices start from ₹4 lakhs to ₹9 lakhs for these tractors.
Given below are some factors that make this one of the best tractor companies in India.
- After-sales Service Network: There are around 341 Force tractor dealers in India.
- Years of Presence in the Market: It entered the Indian market in 1997.
- Build-up Quality: The tractors' robust built allows them to run on various types of terrain.
- Technologies Used: Some of the technologies used in these tractors are powerful engines and well-defined gearboxes.
- International Presence: They make their presence in various countries, such as Africa, Latin America, Germany, etc.
- Awards: Won the Indian Tractor of the Year award 2021 in the category of best Orchard Tractor of the year.
Moreover, a few examples of Force tractors include Balman 400, Orchard Mini, and Sanman 5000.
PREET tractor manufacturing company offers highly efficient yet low-maintenance tractors in power ranging between 35 HP to 90 HP. They are available in a price range of ₹4 lakhs to ₹20 lakhs.
Some other factors to consider before buying a tractor from this brand are:
- After-sales Service Network: It has a dealership network of more than 350 dealers.
- Years of Presence in the Market: The company has 40+ years of excellence.
- Build-up Quality: PREET tractors have a heavy-duty built quality.
- Technologies Used: These tractors incorporate fuel-efficient engine technology.
- International Presence: Present in more than 120 countries around the globe.
- Awards: Received National Award 4 years in a row from 2009 to 2012.
Preet 2549 and Preet 10049 4WD etc., are some examples of tractors from this brand.
Tractors and Farm Equipment Limited is an Indian tractor manufacturing company entailing a diverse collection of farm equipment. One of the best tractor companies in India, this company manufactures tractors under various price segments starting from ₹4.24 lakhs to ₹10.12 lakhs. Moreover, farmers can expect a power-packed performance from these tractors owing to their 36 HP to 100 HP engine.
Here are some points that make TAFE tractors an obvious choice among farmers.
- After-sales Service Network: It has a dealership network of more than 1200 dealers. The company has had a large customer base over the years owing to its quality and low operation costs.
- Years of Presence in the Market: TAFE tractor manufacturing company has had its presence in the Indian market since 1960.
- Build-up Quality: These tractors have a robust build, resulting in enhanced durability. They also deliver outstanding performance in any soil conditions.
- Technology Used: TAFE has separate units dedicated to the technologies incorporated in their products. For instance, Hydraulic Cylinder Division, Engineering Plastics Division, and Power Source Division, among others.
- International Presence: It has its international presence in over 100 countries, including Europe and the Americas.
- Awards: Won 12 awards at the Public Relations Council of India's 9th Annual Excellence Awards.
Some examples of this tractor brand are TAFE 1002, TAFE 9502, TAFE 8502 and more.
8. John Deere
One of the top tractor companies in India, John Deere, is a US-based tractor company with its subsidiary in India. The company has a line-up of high-quality tractors whose price ranges from ₹4.80 lakhs to ₹29 lakhs. Further, they produce powerful multi-purpose tractors in the power range of 28 HP to 120 HP.
Given below are some other points that make this brand one of the best tractor companies in India.
- After-sales Service Network: The company has a wide network of over 900 dealers who attend to all customer needs, including pre-sales, post-sales, and financing.
- Years of Presence in the Market: John Deere tractor manufacturing company entered the Indian market in 1998 and holds a market share of 10% in today’s age and time.
- Build-up Quality: The D series tractors from this brand are efficient for both agricultural applications and heavy-duty haulage. In addition to their super heavy-duty, these tractors are built with high-quality engineering and assembly.
- Technologies Used: This tractor manufacturing company uses power steering, side gear shift, oil-immersed brakes, dry air cleaners, and collar shift.
- International Presence: The company has its facilities across 30 countries worldwide.
- Awards: Won 1 gold and 3 silvers at Agritechnica 2019, the world's leading trade show for agricultural technology.
Some examples of John Deere tractors include John Deere 6120 B and John Deere 5310, among others.
This company started producing 35 HP to 75 HP power range tractors since its inception. The price of these tractors starts from ₹4.90 lakhs and goes up to ₹11.20 lakhs.
Given below are some points to consider before purchasing these tractors.
- After-sales Service Network: Good.
- Years of Presence in the Market: The company began production in 1975.
- Build-up Quality: These heavy-duty tractors have a robust built and stylish design.
- Technologies Used: The tractors feature advanced clutch, rugged brakes, fuel-efficient engines and other technologies.
- International Presence: NA.
- Awards: NA.
Standard Tractor DI-335 and Standard Tractor DI-345 are some of the tractors from this brand.
10. New Holland
New Holland is a reputed tractor brand that finds its application in both the agriculture and construction sectors. One can find various tractors starting from 35 HP to 90 HP under this company's collection. Also, New Holland tractors price ranges from ₹5 lakhs to ₹20 lakhs.
Let's check some other points concerning this brand.
- After-sales Service Network: The company has a satisfied customer base of 3 lakhs with more than 1000 customer touchpoints and service centres. Also, their widespread dealer network covers more than 170 countries across the globe.
- Years of Presence in the Market: This tractor brand company began its operation in India in 1996.
- Build-up Quality: These tractors are known for their build quality and durability. Their design enables them to perform optimally under several terrains.
- Technologies Used: They incorporate future-proof technologies like 4-wheel drive options, dual-clutch, and oil-immersed brakes.
- International Presence: Present in over 170 countries, including Asia, America, Europe and Australia.
- Awards: Bagged 4 awards at the Indian Tractor of the Year.
Some examples of such tractors are New Holland 5500 Turbo Super, New Holland 3600- 2TX, and New Holland Excel 6010.
List of Top 10 Tractor Companies in India
Escorts Agri Machinery