Why do you need a travel insurance for Turkey from India?
Benefits of Travel Insurance for Turkey
Buying International Travel Insurance for Turkey with Digit has some benefits that travelers have been craving for!
Turkey Travel Insurance Plans that fit your needs
Offers coverages for the most common mishaps that can be encountered on an international trip.
This plan not only covers you for the most common mishaps on your trip but also keeps you protected from each hiccup, so your trip goes just how it should!
What our plans cover
We offer benefits customised to your needs, that help in keeping your trip just the way you want it to be!
Emergency Accidental Treatment & Evacuation
Accidents occur at the most unexpected times. Unfortunately, we can’t save you there, but we can surely help you get the best treatment. We cover you for immediate medical treatment that results in hospitalization.
Emergency Medical Treatment & Evacuation
God forbid if you fall ill during your trip in an unknown country, don’t panic! We will take care of your treatment costs. We will cover you for expenses like hospital room rent, operation theatre charges, etc.
We hope this cover is never required. But for any accident during the trip, resulting in death or a disability, this benefit is there for support.
Daily Cash Allowance (Per day/Max 5 days)
When on a trip, you manage your cash efficiently. And we do not want you to shell out anything extra for emergencies. So, when you are hospitalized, you get a fixed daily cash allowance per day, to manage your daily expenses.
Accidental Death & Disability
While this cover has everything like the emergency accidental treatment cover, it has one extra layer of protection. It also covers death & disability while boarding, de-boarding or are inside the flight (Touchwood!).
Emergency Dental Treatment
If you encounter acute pain or meet with an accidental injury to your teeth on the trip, resulting in emergency dental treatment provided by a medical practitioner, we will cover you for the expenses incurred due to the treatment.
Smooth transit covers
If unfortunately, your trip gets cancelled, we cover the pre-booked, non-refundable expenses of your trip.
Common Carrier Delay
If your flight gets delayed by more than a certain time limit, you get the benefit amount, no questions asked!
Delay of Checked-in Baggage
Waiting at the conveyor belt is annoying, we know! So, if your checked-in baggage is delayed for more than 6 hours, you get the benefit amount, no questions asked!
Total loss of Checked-in Baggage
The last thing that can happen on a trip is your baggage getting lost. But if something like this happens, you get the benefit amount for the entire baggage getting permanently lost. If two out three bags are lost, you get a proportional benefit, i.e. 2/3rd of the benefit amount.
Missed the flight? Don’t worry! We will pay for extra accommodation and travel needed to reach the next destination shown on your ticket/itinerary if, you miss a pre-booked onward flight because of a delay in the flight.
Loss of Passport
The worst thing to happen in an unknown land is to lose your passport or visa. If something like this happens, we reimburse the expenses, if it is lost, stolen or damaged while you are outside of your country.
If on a bad day, all your money is stolen, and you need emergency cash, this cover will come to your rescue.
Emergency Trip Extension
We don’t want our vacations to end. But we don’t want to stay in a hospital too! If due to an emergency during your trip, you need to lengthen your stay, we will reimburse the cost of hotel extensions and return flight rescheduling. The emergency could be a natural calamity in your travel area or an emergency hospitalization..
In case of emergency, If you had to return home early from your trip, that would be really sad. We can’t fix that but we will cover charges for alternate travel arrangements and non-refundable travel costs like accommodation, planned events and excursion expenses.
Personal Liability & Bail Bond
Due to an unfortunate incident, if there are any legal charges against you while you are travelling, we will pay for it.
With us, get access to VIP claims
After you buy our international travel insurance for Turkey, you live tension free as we have a 3-step, completely digital claims process!
Give us a call at 1800-258-5956 or drop a missed call at +91-124-6174721 & we’ll call back in 10 mins.
Upload the required documents & your bank account details, on the link sent.
We’ll take care of the rest!
Where the East meets the West
Intricate architecture. Appetizing kebabs and kanafehs. Exquisite museums and an array of stories behind it all. Rich in history, culture and the ideal fusion of the East meeting the West, Turkey has been a popular tourist destination in the past few years, owing to its proximity to most countries and of course, its cuisine and warm black Turkish tea, among other reasons that makes Turkey such a delightful travel experience. 🙂
Top things to do in Turkey
1. Explore the mesmerising city of Istanbul - Get lost in the only transcontinental city of Eurasia. With the exuberant history, art and culture the city boasts of, you can never have enough of Istanbul. From the many brilliant museums and monuments, beautiful mosques, the buzzing bazars, the iconic Taksim square, and the charming cruise along the Bosporus, it’s the one city that meddles in both tradition and modernity beautifully 🙂
2. Step into a real life fairy-tale at the Princess Islands - Step out of the hustle bustle of the city and take a boat on a day trip to the Princess Islands. A chain of nine small islands in the Sea of Marmara, visiting them is an experience of a lifetime. With absolutely no cars, the islands are home to horse drawn carriages and bicycles so you can relish a day of quietness and serenity. Almost feels like being drawn into a classic storybook, doesn’t it?
3. Take a ferry ride to Bursa! - Explore the lesser touristy city of Bursa. Although slightly conservative, Bursa was the first major capital of the Ottoman state and includes many points of historic interest. Only an hour away from Istanbul, it is also home to ancient bazaars, weekly markets and the popular mountain town of Uludağ.
4. Try your hand at Skiing in Uludağ - Take the gondola up from Bursa to the little mountain town of Uludag. With a host of ski resorts available, you can sign up for ski lessons and try your hand at this thrilling adventure sport 🙂
5. Take a magical balloon ride up in Cappadocia - You’ve probably already seen all those dreamlike photographs famous all over Instagram. People from all over the world travel to Turkey’s Cappadocia to experience the magical hot air balloon ride over this astonishing town – which is nothing like you’ve seen before! Owing to volcanic eruptions some thousand years ago, Cappadocia is known for its fairy chimneys and cone shaped rock formations spread all over the arid region- something you don’t want to miss!
6. Inspire your soul at Konya - Home to Rumi’s grave, Konya is one of the oldest and largest cities in Turkey. Popular for its whirling dervishes, mystic ceremonies, Rumi’s museum and other significant archaeological sites; it is the one powerhouse of philosophy, history and of course, poetry 🙂
7. Party in Antalya - Famous for its hiking trails, turquoise blue waters, Roman and Greek archaeological sites, astounding mountains and of course the famous parties! Flanked with beautiful beach resorts, hotels, hiking trails and lots of street food, Antalya should be on every adrenaline junkie’s itinerary!
8. Eat & Shop till you drop - Whether it’s the Grand Bazaar or an array of street shops, Istanbul is perhaps every shopper’s paradise. From intricate ceramic plates, rich prayer mats, diverse tea ranges, handwoven carpets and everything else you possibly need to doll up your home-you can spend an entire day shopping at the bazaars, followed by some mouth-watering kebabs and Turkish delights!
9. Swim & Heal in the White Miracle Town - You know there’s probably something about the place, when two million tourists travel there every year. Located in the city of Denizli, Pamukkale is a UNESCO World Heritage Site, famous for its spectacular and artistic expression of nature as you can find carbonate minerals left through flowing water. Known for its many healing properties, the same is collected in terraces along the vast mountainside, creating milky pools of water below.
10. Take the road less travelled - If you have a good two weeks in hand, take the country by road and explore the many popular and unpopular destinations- all of which represent a culture and story of their own. The only thing you need to make sure is, to have a valid International Driving License and, whether your travel insurance covers your rental car or not. Fortunately, we at Digit would cover car damages and medical emergencies under our travel insurance. So, don’t get fooled into buying another one (apart from the liability insurance) in Turkey!
Why should I buy a Travel Insurance for Turkey online?
While it is mandatory to buy travel insurance for visitors traveling to Turkey, a travel insurance is a wise choice nonetheless as it benefits you in situations such as; flight delays, loss of passport, baggage loss, medical emergencies, adventure sports, political unrests and other such mishaps. So, don’t blindly buy the cheapest travel insurance because it’s a mandate but, look at the kind of situations it covers, the process ease and how easy it is to make claims. In our case, travel insurance for Turkey can be bought online within minutes and. everything from making claims to documentation is online, paperless and hassle free.
Is travel insurance mandatory for Turkey?
Yes, since 2016 the Turkish Consulate has made it compulsory for anyone applying for a Turkish tourist visa to also include a valid Turkey travel insurance as part of their documentation process. Without a travel insurance for Turkey, the consulate may not approve your visa.
Turkey Visa for Indian Citizens
Obtaining a visa for Indians traveling to Turkey is actually pretty simple and quick! Additionally, if you already have a valid U.S.A, UK, Ireland or Schengen visa, then you can get your visa within minutes!
a. Download the visa application and fill in all your details
b. Attach the required photograph on your form (2.5 inches x 2.5 inches, with white background)
c. Compile supporting documents such as hotel bookings, flight tickets, travel insurance, bank statements, etc among others (as per the checklist given while filling in the form)
d. Submit your form, along with your valid passport at the VFC with the required fees of INR 4270
e. Collect or get your passport couriered back within few days (typically within a week or two)
Indians with a USA, UK, Ireland or Schengen visa:
a. Log in online to https://www.evisa.gov.tr/en/
b. Apply for the Turkey Visa by filling in the form and uploading required documents
c. Make the required payment of 20$ (INR 1,391)
d. Download e-visa, sent to your email within 48 hours (although there are expedited options too)
Compare Turkey Travel Insurance Quotes
Whilst comparing travel quotes from different travel insurances for Turkey, make sure you are aware of the following:
a. The medical benefits available and the limit of the Sum Insured for each.
b. Terms of claims. A lot of times, the terms can be tricky and very rare- that despite the benefit, you’ll never really be able to claim it.
c. The claims process by checking the company’s previous claim records. After all, that’s the whole point of an insurance, right?
Your Digit International Travel Insurance for Turkey
· International Travel Insurance for the Turkey can be bought by anyone going for the trip.
· Everything from buying your cheap travel insurance for the Turkey to making claims is digital, simple and hassle free with zero paperwork involved.
· Travel Insurance for visitors to the Turkey, from India should be bought before your travel departure date.
· You will need to carry the International Travel Schedule as a document during the travel. You can also keep our travel summary and policy wording handy for any other details.
Do inform us immediately if there is any unfortunate incident before or during your travel that may cause you to make a claim.
Turkey Safety Tips & Precautions for Indians
· Although safe, sometimes Turkey has been unfortunately faced with terrorist attacks. While in Turkey, stay updated about the news, speak to locals and be aware and we’re sure you’ll be just fine. 🙂
· Avoid talking about controversial subjects such as the Armenian genocide, Kurdish separatism, or issues with Cyprus. The Turks can be quite emotional about them all.
· If you’re visiting one of the many mosques, make sure you’re dressed appropriately for the same (even if you’re not- it's okay. Usually, mosques provide the needful for tourists).
Finally, in case of any emergency- it's wise to keep the local police number handy i.e. 1155
Famous Turkey Scams
If you’re visiting Istanbul, you’re most likely to experience at least one scam here. However, to make things easier for you- we've put down a list of the most famous ones to be aware and stay away from!
· Be wary of overcharging cab drivers. Always be persistent about using the meter before you even start your trip. Another option could also be using cab apps like Uber or Careem (Popular Middle East Car Services). This way you won’t get into arguments or pay anything extra!
· Be aware of the cobbler scam, most likely found around Taksim Square in Istanbul. How it works is, a poor man will start polishing your shoe or offer to and after which, they’ll ask for a hefty amount. The best thing to do is, ignore and walk forward. Don’t worry, your shoes can get a quick fix later too 🙂
· Don’t fall for anyone that asks, “Would you like a drink my friend?” a very famous scam around Istanbul, where a man will start talking to you and amidst the conversation ask for a drink. Politely decline or make up an excuse. 90% of times, what they’re really going for is to lure you into a bar and scam you into paying a huge amount (yes, they might just disappear when its time to pay!) or, you’re likely to get you robbed. Either ways, stay safe and don’t fall for such offers, especially when you’re not traveling in a group!
· While shopping, the rule is to always bargain! Much like the street shopping in Indian markets, Turkish merchants too are going to quote an extremely high price (especially if they know you’re a tourist!). The best way to deal with this is, quote at least 50% less than what they ask for and then come to a final middle-ground. Another tip would probably be, don’t ask for prices until you’re really sure you want to buy something.
The carpet scam! Of course, Turkey is famous for it and a lot of tourists want to take one back home. Again, make sure you at least go down 50% from the initial offer and second, make sure its original Turkish and not a Chinese rip off (some shops in Istanbul apparently do sell fake ones!). The only way to find out is look around, research and only then make a wise choice (cause damn, even after the bargain- carpets can be expensive!)
Indian Embassy Turkey
In case of loss of passport or any other emergency, it’s handy to have the embassy’s number. Located in Ankara and Istanbul, they can be reached on +903124382195 and +902122962131 respectively.