Why do you need a travel insurance for UK from India?
Benefits of UK Travel Insurance
Buying International Travel Insurance for UK with Digit has some benefits that travelers have been craving for!
UK Travel Insurance Plans that fit your needs
Offers coverages for the most common mishaps that can be encountered on an international trip.
This plan not only covers you for the most common mishaps on your trip but also keeps you protected from each hiccup, so your trip goes just how it should!
What our plans cover
We offer benefits customised to your needs, that help in keeping your trip just the way you want it to be!
Emergency Accidental Treatment & Evacuation
Accidents occur at the most unexpected times. Unfortunately, we can’t save you there, but we can surely help you get the best treatment. We cover you for immediate medical treatment that results in hospitalization.
Emergency Medical Treatment & Evacuation
God forbid if you fall ill during your trip in an unknown country, don’t panic! We will take care of your treatment costs. We will cover you for expenses like hospital room rent, operation theatre charges, etc.
We hope this cover is never required. But for any accident during the trip, resulting in death or a disability, this benefit is there for support.
Daily Cash Allowance (Per day/Max 5 days)
When on a trip, you manage your cash efficiently. And we do not want you to shell out anything extra for emergencies. So, when you are hospitalized, you get a fixed daily cash allowance per day, to manage your daily expenses.
Accidental Death & Disability
While this cover has everything like the emergency accidental treatment cover, it has one extra layer of protection. It also covers death & disability while boarding, de-boarding or are inside the flight (Touchwood!).
Emergency Dental Treatment
If you encounter acute pain or meet with an accidental injury to your teeth on the trip, resulting in emergency dental treatment provided by a medical practitioner, we will cover you for the expenses incurred due to the treatment.
Smooth transit covers
If unfortunately, your trip gets cancelled, we cover the pre-booked, non-refundable expenses of your trip.
Common Carrier Delay
If your flight gets delayed by more than a certain time limit, you get the benefit amount, no questions asked!
Delay of Checked-in Baggage
Waiting at the conveyor belt is annoying, we know! So, if your checked-in baggage is delayed for more than 6 hours, you get the benefit amount, no questions asked!
Total loss of Checked-in Baggage
The last thing that can happen on a trip is your baggage getting lost. But if something like this happens, you get the benefit amount for the entire baggage getting permanently lost. If two out three bags are lost, you get a proportional benefit, i.e. 2/3rd of the benefit amount.
Missed the flight? Don’t worry! We will pay for extra accommodation and travel needed to reach the next destination shown on your ticket/itinerary if, you miss a pre-booked onward flight because of a delay in the flight.
Loss of Passport
The worst thing to happen in an unknown land is to lose your passport or visa. If something like this happens, we reimburse the expenses, if it is lost, stolen or damaged while you are outside of your country.
If on a bad day, all your money is stolen, and you need emergency cash, this cover will come to your rescue.
Emergency Trip Extension
We don’t want our vacations to end. But we don’t want to stay in a hospital too! If due to an emergency during your trip, you need to lengthen your stay, we will reimburse the cost of hotel extensions and return flight rescheduling. The emergency could be a natural calamity in your travel area or an emergency hospitalization..
In case of emergency, If you had to return home early from your trip, that would be really sad. We can’t fix that but we will cover charges for alternate travel arrangements and non-refundable travel costs like accommodation, planned events and excursion expenses.
Personal Liability & Bail Bond
Due to an unfortunate incident, if there are any legal charges against you while you are travelling, we will pay for it.
With us, get access to VIP claims
After you buy our international travel insurance for UK, you live tension free as we have a 3-step, completely digital claims process!
Give us a call at 1800-258-5956 or drop a missed call at +91-124-6174721 & we’ll call back in 10 mins.
Upload the required documents & your bank account details, on the link sent.
We’ll take care of the rest!
The Exquisite Island Nation
Bustling cities. Enchanting castles. Enthralling coastlines. The lush countryside. Literary landmarks, and a global hub of art and culture. UK has always been a famous tourist spot, owing to its rich history, beautiful terrains, and of course, its iconic literary background and educational institutions. Moreover, the number of tourists travelling to UK is only increasing this year, due to the popular World Cup that’s all set to begin soon!
Best time to visit UK for Indians
The weather in UK is a lot more varied than one may assume, depending on which parts you're traveling to. The best time to visit UK is during the Spring (late March-early June) or Autumn (September-November) as it will probably not rain much (so no gloomy days!) and the weather too is pleasant during this time. However, the summer months aren’t too bad either, except you’ll probably be surrounded by tons of tourists from all over!
For those who’d like to experience the cold, the winter months can be a decent time to visit too, with the Winter Wonderland and other winter activities in full swing too.
Top 10 things to do in UK
Whether you’re traveling for the World Cup or not, UK is an incredibly diverse nation, with a range of places to visit. From the cultural hub in London to the lush green countryside's of Scotland and Wales, there’s a long list of things to do; no matter what kind of traveler you may be.
1. Enchanting Historic Monuments - Visit the many ancient castles, towers and monuments the UK has preserved. Some must visits include The Tower of London, Stonehenge, The Edinburgh Castle and St Paul’s Cathedral.
2. Iconic Literary Spots - Delve into all things literary as UK is home to many literary landmarks and attractions such as the Charles Dickens Musuem, the famous Harry Potter Tour, The Shakespeare Globe and Jane Austen’s city of Bath, amongst many other bookish places!
3. The Dynamic South Bank - Wander about in the heart of London. The South Bank is always bustling with energy, with a host of festivals, restaurants, pubs and the beautiful river Thames!
4. The Royal Hyde Park - Stroll around the royal Hyde park, the perfect place to unwind and relax!
5. Diverse Art Galleries and Musuems - Treat your right brain to a range of beautiful art galleries and museums present all over England.
6. The Famous London Eye - Take a complete 360-degree view of the beautiful city, a must for all tourists. 🙂
7. Picturesque and GOT Famous Northern Ireland - Take a ferry to Northern Ireland and be spellbound by the country’s many captivating sights, which also includes the many locations of where GOT was shot!
8. Captivating Scotland - Take a trip up north to one of the most beautiful countries in UK, famous for its lakes, hill-top castles and vibrant cultural scene.
9. Marvel at the Jurassic Coast - Walk through time at the mesmerizing south coast of England, which is also the country’s only UNESCO World Heritage site today.
10. Wondrous Wales - Get right into a fairytale on visiting Wales, known for its enchanting coastline, beautiful mountains and popular hiking trails.
Why should I buy a Travel Insurance for UK online?
An International Travel Insurance covers and benefits you in unpredictable situations such as; flight delays, loss of passport, baggage loss, medical emergencies, political unrests and other such mishaps. Additionally, with our digital insurance policies, everything from purchasing an insurance to making a claim is online, super-simple and hassle free.
Is travel insurance mandatory for UK?
No, a travel insurance for UK for Indians isn’t compulsory yet. However, the last thing you want on a holiday is to be spending beyond your budget! Therefore, it's always wise to have a valid travel insurance in place, that will keep you protected against all the odds. 🙂
UK Visa for Indian Citizens
Obtaining a UK visa is straightforward and includes a standard step-by-step process, and usually takes two to three weeks:
i. Fill in the visa application form as per your visa type
ii. Compile all required documents for the visa
iii. Schedule your visa appointment
iv. Attend the visa interview and wait for the visa to be approved
Compare UK Travel Insurance Quotes
Whilst comparing travel quotes from different travel insurances for UK, make sure you are aware of the following:
a. The medical benefits available and the limit of the Sum Insured for each
b. Terms of claims. A lot of times, the terms can be tricky and very rare- that despite the benefit, you’ll never really be able to claim it.
c. The claims process by checking the company’s previous claim records. After all, that’s the whole point of an insurance, right?
Your Digit International Travel Insurance for UK
· International Travel Insurance for UK can be bought by anyone going for the trip.
· Travel Insurance to UK from India should be bought before your travel departure date.
· You will need to carry the International Travel Schedule as a document during the travel. You can also keep our travel summary and policy wording handy for any other details.
Do inform us immediately if there is any unfortunate incident before or during your travel that may cause you to make a claim.
UK Safety and Precautions
· Being the capital city and a popular tourist destination, petty crimes can be common in London. Beware of pickpockets and common scams such as ATM scams (be alert while you withdraw money), ticket scams (don’t get lured into buying any tickets from random people) and avoid leaving any belongings in your car if you’re using one.
· Make sure you have a valid international driving license if you’re looking at doing a road trip during your stay.
· If you’re planning to visit during the winters and are planning to drive, be very cautious with slippery roads. In case of an unforeseen situation leading to loss or damage of the car, our travel insurance for UK will cover the expenses under Personal Liability and Bail Bond.
· Remember that the cars drive on the left-side in UK. Cross roads cautiously, and only use designated crossings.
· Every year in July, there is a marching parade in Northern Ireland, that can sometimes turn violent due to political situations. Make sure you plan your dates there accordingly.
You can also download the UK based app citizen AID during your stay, an app that includes advice and immediate actions in case of any incidents and emergencies there.
Indian Embassy in UK
Depending on where you’re traveling to, it’s always handy to have the contact number of the Indian embassy. The Indian Embassy for UK is in London.
Contact number: 020 7836 8484