Explore the World of US Work Visas for Indian Citizens!

Different Categories of Work Visas for Individuals

Foreign nationals, including Indians, can get work visas under US immigration laws.

H-1B (Workers in Specialty Occupations)

Candidates must hold a Master's or higher degree and make at least $60,000 annually.

H-2B (Skilled and unskilled workers)

US offers seasonal employment visas for companies to address labor shortage. Dept. of Labor certification required prior to visa application.

H-3 (Trainee)

This visa is for those seeking training from a US company. Applicants need to submit Form DS-160, a letter of employment, and a USCIS receipt number.

H-4 (Dependents)

H-1B, H-2B, and H-3 visa holders who have dependents are eligible to apply for an H-4 visa. Holders of H-4 visas are unable to work in the US.

L-1 (Intra-company transferees)

International company execs/managers can apply for an L-1 visa when temporarily transferred to the US. Need an approved petition from USCIS before applying.

L-2 (Dependents)

Dependents of L-1 visa holders can apply for an L-2 visa, much like H4 visa holders do. Currently, L-2 visa holders in the US can apply for a work permit.

O (Extraordinary Ability)

Exceptionally talented individuals in arts, sciences, business, education, athletics, and film/TV production can apply for an O work visa.

Q (Cultural exchange)

Q visa is for cultural exchange program participants to share their traditions, culture, and history, with extended employment/training.

P (Artists/entertainers)

Visitors must apply for a P work visa to travel to the US to act as athletes, support staff, or entertainers.

Swipe Up to learn more about how to apply for Work Visas in the USA for Indians, eligibility, fees, documents required and much more!