NPS subscribers can open Tier-I and Tier-II accounts by bearing minimum charges and proceed with contributions. They can also check the NPS balance in both the accounts online or via the National Securities Depository Limited e-governance application or via the UMANG app or SMS service.
In the following section, you will find answers to your question, “how to check my NPS account balance online?” in a detailed manner.
How to Know NPS Balance Online via the NSDL Portal?
While opening an NPS account, subscribers get a Permanent Retirement Allotment Number (PRAN). This number is crucial for NPS balance enquiry. Therefore, they should note down this number before checking their accumulated funds.
To know how to check NPS account balance online, one needs to follow the given steps:
- Visit the NSDL portal.
- Enter your PRAN as a user ID and account password to log in.
- You will find a Captcha code on the screen. Enter it to proceed.
- Under the “Transaction Statement” section, you will find a “Holding Statement” option. Click on it.
- The screen will show details of your accumulated balance.
If you wish to get an NPS balance statement including details of your transactions and contributions, you need to click on the “Transaction Statement” option under the mentioned section.
How to View NPS Balance via the NSDL E-Gov Application?
The NPS mobile application is easy and convenient to use for checking the NPS balance status. After downloading the app, a subscriber needs to follow the steps mentioned below:
- Enter your PRAN and password to log in to your NPS account.
- Upon logging in, you can view the NPS holding amount as of the current date that includes Tier-I and II holding amounts along with transaction details.
- You can also get an ‘Email Transaction Statement’ on your registered email ID.
- In case you wish to manage your registered phone number and email ID, you can do so by using this app.
Other than the above steps, subscribers can make withdrawals from NPS Tier-II accounts by using this application. All they need to do is enter an OTP after receiving it in their registered mobile numbers and enter the withdrawal details. Then, upon receiving approval from the respective CRA, the amount will be credited to their accounts.
How to Check the NPS Account Balance by Using the UMANG App?
Created by the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY) and the National e-Governance division, the UMANG platform offers NPS services. You can download this application and follow some steps as given below:
- You need to open the UMANG app on your mobile and search for NPS services.
- Select the option “NPS” and tap on your relevant CRA.
- Click on the “Current Holding” option on the next page and enter your Permanent Retirement Allotment Number (PRAN) and password.
- Finally, tap on “Login” to view your account balance details.
Apart from this, the Unified Mobile Application for New-age Governance (UMANG) platform offers a range of other e-governance services.
How to Obtain NPS Balance Information through an SMS Facility?
Checking an NPS account balance through an SMS is undoubtedly the fastest and easiest way. Here are the steps a subscriber needs to follow to know his accumulated corpus.
- From your NPS registered mobile number, give a missed call to 9212993399.
- You will receive your account balance details via an SMS on your registered phone number.
Furthermore, if you have queries related to your NPS account, you may call their customer care number (022) 2499 3499.
To conclude, the aforementioned ways to check an NPS account balance are hassle-free and less time-consuming. Therefore, subscribers looking to check their NPS account savings for withdrawal or any other purpose will find these strategies helpful.