Who should buy Health Insurance?
What is Covered in Health Insurance?
What's Not Covered
While the exclusions vary for different companies and Health Insurance plans offered, there are some common exclusions:
What should you look for in a Health Insurance policy?
Right Sum Insured
- Don’t buy Health Insurance for tax-saving. Buy it for actually being financially covered in bad times.
- Choose your Sum Insured based on your age, life stage, family members, dependents, income and your medical history. These factors will help decide the amount you may require in case of an emergency.
- You can make multiple claims for the same cause in one year, up to the total sum insured (except critical illnesses).
Benefits & Addons
- Critical Illness addon is one such addon that people ignore often, get that in your plan!
- Don’t be wooed by fancy benefits. Look for real ones like Restoration Benefit, No Capping on Room Rent, No Claim Bonus
- Look at the policy’s claim terms & conditions and process. If claims are not smooth, what’s the point of a Health Insurance?