Online Application for a Commercial Driving Licence
Digitisation has made commercial driving license application online process significantly easier.
- Log in to the Ministry of Road Transport & Highways’ portal.
- Download form no. 4 for driving license commercials.
- Now fill in the form and upload it with required documents regarding your identity and address proof, such as passport, voter ID or Aadhaar card.
- Upload Form 1A for a medical certificate and Form 5 furnished by the training centre.
- Now pay the fees.
- And submit.
- After successful submission, you will get a serial number on your registered mobile number.
Offline Application for a Commercial Driving Licence
Apart from the commercial driving license application online process, you can also use offline mode.
- Visit your nearby Regional Transport Office.
- Collect Form no. 2.
- Submit the filled up form, and along with that, submit:
- Form no. 1A for medical fitness.
- Form no. 5 furnished by the training centre.
- All necessary documents like passport, voter ID or Aadhaar card for proof of identity and residence.
- Now submit all these forms and documents along with fees.
- You will get a serial number on your registered mobile after successful submission.
Using this process, your question regarding how to apply for a commercial driving licence offline will be resolved seamlessly.
The commercial driving licence fee is Rs 1000. However, for passenger and heavy cargo vehicles, it is Rs 1500.
You should be well trained in driving your vehicle to apply for a commercial driving licence. It requires a learning driving licence issued at least six months earlier than applying for commercial type. The government is improving the driver training curriculum to bolster the commercial driving industry with expert drivers.