However, you can apply for one online. After application, you have to visit your nearest RTO and receive the NOC from that authority.
To apply online visit the official website of Vahan Citizen Service website operated by the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways and follow the steps mentioned below:
- Enter your vehicle’s registration number and click “Proceed”.
- Click “Proceed” again when you are shown the details of your vehicle registration.
- Select “Application for No Objection Certificate”.
- Enter the last five digit of your vehicle’s chassis number.
The mobile number linked to your vehicle’s registration will be shown.
- Click “Generate OTP”.
- Enter the OTP and click “Submit”.
- Click “Validate Regn. No/Chasis No.”.
After all these steps are completed successfully, an acknowledgement form will be generated. You have to take the hard copy of this form along with the other relevant documents of your vehicle and appear at the RTO on the appointment date.
After submitting all these documents, the RTO may seek validation from the local police station to check whether your vehicle was involved in any illegal cases.
After all the procedures are completed, the RTO will issue a No Objection Certificate for your car.
This NOC that you avail will be required to make an interstate transfer or sale of your vehicle. On the other hand, the NOC you get from a bank is required to remove hypothecation from your vehicle’s registration certificate.