How to Renew Driving License in Rajasthan?
DL renewal process in Rajasthan is very simple and hassle-free. Vehicle owners of Rajasthan can complete it through both online and offline processes as per their suitability.
Want to know about driving licence renewal in Rajasthan? Read along!
How to Renew Driving License in Rajasthan Online & Offline?
As per the Motors Vehicles Act 1988, every individual who wishes to drive on public roads must have a valid driving license (DL). A driving license has a validity period after which every vehicle owner must renew it.
Moreover, one can choose any of the following methods to complete the process of renewal of driving licence in Rajasthan:
Online Renewal of Driving License in Rajasthan
As mentioned earlier, vehicle owners can renew driving license online in Rajasthan via both online and offline methods. Therefore, for the online renewal of driving licence in Rajasthan through its state portal, you should first visit the website and then follow these steps:
- Click on ‘E-services’ and choose ‘Online application for services’ from the drop-down list.
- Select ‘Apply’, which redirects you to a new page. Select ‘Rajasthan’ from the given list.
- Click on Services on driving license. Then, provide all required details. Vehicle owners will receive an SMS on their registered mobile number and an acknowledgement slip which can print for future reference.
- Upload all the documents and signatures and click on ‘Next’.
- Complete the payment procedure.
Once all documents are verified, your renewed driving license will be issued to the applicant of Rajasthan.
Offline Renewal of Driving License in Rajasthan
If you wish to complete the process of licence renewal in Rajasthan through offline mode, you have to visit your local RTO office and follow these steps:
- Download the application form no. 9 and fill out this form with important details.
- Attach essential documents and form no. 1A and a medical certificate if your age is above 40 years.
- Pay the DL renewal fees in Rajasthan.
Once all documents verification process is completed, your driving license will be issued.
Documents Required for Renewal of Driving License in Rajasthan
Rajasthan driving licence renewal process requires one to submit these documents:
- Duly filled Application form 9
- Application form 1 (which is the self-declaration of medical fitness for non-transport vehicles) and application form 1A (which is the Medical certificate for Transport Vehicles only)
- Original driving license
- Passport-size photographs
Renewal Fees Applicable for Driving License in Rajasthan
From the table mentioned below, you can get a clear understanding of the driving licence renewal fees in Rajasthan.
Driving License Renewal in Rajasthan
Renewal of driving license
Renewal of driving license (in case the application is made after the grace period)
Additional fee for delay of each year
How Long Is the Validity of a Driving License Renewal in Rajasthan?
In Rajasthan, as well as in the whole country, a driving licence is valid for 20 years from the date of issuance or until the driving license holder reaches an age of 50 years, whichever comes first.
How to Check Status of DL Renewal in Rajasthan?
By visiting the Ministry of Road Transport & Highways’ website, you can check the driving license renewal status. Follow these steps mentioned below:
- Click on ‘Online Services’ on this website’s homepage.
- Select Driving ‘License Related Services’ and choose ‘Rajasthan’ from the drop-down list.
- Click on ‘Apply Online’ and ‘Application Status’ tab, respectively.
- Enter ‘Application Number’, ‘Date of Birth’ and captcha code.
- Click on ‘Submit’, and you can see your application status on the next webpage.
Important Guidelines to Follow During Driving License Renewal in Rajasthan
There are certain guidelines that vehicle owners of Rajasthan need to follow during the renewal process. These are discussed below:
- The grace period is valid for 30 days. If an application is made before the expiry date or within this period, renewal will come into effect from the date of expiry.
- On the other hand, if an application is made after 30 days, the renewal will come into effect from the date of application. Here, vehicle owners have to pay ₹30 as penalty charges.
This article delved into both the online and offline processes of DL renewal in Rajasthan. So, motorists should go through the above-mentioned details and select a method that suits them best.