Get Travel Insurance Online
Covering COVID-19 for safe travels!
Terms and conditions
Cheap European Destinations from India
Hailing All Globetrotters – Take a Look at List of the Top Cheap Europe Destinations from India!
As travel buffs, who doesn't want to have a glimpse of Europe? Mesmerizing landscape tipped with evergreen landmarks, can you ask for more? Then again, the persistent hurdle is that of the expenses.
But, what if you had a list of the ten cheap European destinations from India complete with the cost involved, visa requirements, and landmarks?
Well, good news because we have compiled a list for you!
Here is a list of top countries in Europe that will give you an experience of a lifetime at a budget:
- The Czech Republic
Listed in ascending order of expenses involved, these countries offer its visitors a complete package – nature, both man-made and natural, food, traditions, and cultures.
However, before you start daydreaming about the impending journey to the cheapest European country from India, here is something that is a must, irrespective of the country you visit – VISA!
The visa requirement for tourists depends on the European country that you visit. For instance, in case you pay a visit to the countries located in the Schengen area, there is a common entry and exit requirement.
Also, remember that a visit to the Schengen countries mandatorily requires you to avail a travel insurance policy.
Even if you are not visiting a Schengen country, having a travel insurance policy in place can allow you to financially secure your travels to quite an extent.
Now, take a quick glimpse of the ten best and cheapest countries to visit in Europe from India!
The countries have been arranged in ascending order of the total expenses involved in food, stays (1 day), and flight tickets (1 way). Here is our innovative guidebook at your disposal!
9 Budget European Destinations from India
Enclosed by the Baltic Sea, Russia, Lithuania, Estonia, and Belarus is the country of Latvia. This region is the perfect blend of picturesque landmarks and urban sights.
So, in case you want to spend your vacation that is complete with medieval villages, mystique forests, and gorgeous beaches, let your cheapest country to travel in Europe from India be Latvia.
Food and Accommodation Cost:
- Food and Transportation – On average, around Rs. 1500 on meals, and Rs. 200 on transportation (for a day).
- Accommodation – Room rents can approximately range from Rs. 1500 to Rs. 3000.
Flight Charges – An approximate of Rs. 18,000 to Rs. 22,000. The best month to book flights to Latvia would be May considering the reduced flight fares.
Key Attractions – The country has a lot to offer. Be it the
- Latvian Venice or Kuldiga,
- The oldest town of Cesis,
- Classical Rundale palaces,
- Ventspils, one of the busiest ports across Europe.
Popular among – With its romantic appearance, Latvia seems the ideal destination for couples. Enjoy the scenic and picturesque view that the country presents with your loved one!
Travel Insurance – You can avail travel insurance policy from Digit with a sum insured of $50,000 for Latvia with a nominal premium of Rs. 177 (+ 18% GST) per day for an adult.
Georgia is the ideal introduction to Southern Europe. Magnificent natural views, equally majestic cultural significances, and pristine wilderness, the country is a tourist's paradise. History buffs to hikers, Georgia has something for each of them.
Food and Accommodation Cost – Here is a look into the food and accommodation rates for an individual over a day –
- Food and Transportation – Meals cost approximately Rs. 400 a day and local transportation being Rs. 140 for a day.
- Accommodation - The accommodation charges in this Southern European country ranges from Rs. 1700 to Rs. 3500.
Flight Charges – An average of Rs. 20,000 to Rs. 25,000. Make your trip pocket-friendly with early flight bookings in the cheapest month – February!
Key Attractions – The epitome of picturesque nature, Georgia is home to
- The Callaway Gardens,
- Stone Mountain Park,
- Amicalola Park,
- Cumberland Island National Seashore,
- The Golden Isles of Georgia,
- Okefenokee National Wildlife Refuge, etc.
Popular Among – This is perfect for couples seeking a week's relief from the daily humdrum of their life.
Travel Insurance - Avail an insurance policy from Digit that requires a minimum premium of Rs. 177 (18% GST excluded) per day for an adult and offers a sum insured of $ 50,000.
Until recently, the rumpled mountains of Albania were but a rumour on the travel maps considering that it was closed to outsiders.
Believed to be the enigma of Mediterranean Europe, the country's dreamy beaches and stunning landscape is now open for those seeking respite from the bustle of their life.
Food and Accommodation Cost – In case you are planning to spend a day in this scenic country, here is an estimate of the daily expenses –
- Food and Transportation – Individuals can expect to spend Rs. 1000 on meals and Rs. 100 on local transportation.
- Accommodation – The accommodation charges across the cities of Albania can range from Rs. 2400 to Rs. 4000 per day.
Flight Charges – Expect your flight tickets to be approximately Rs. 20,000 to Rs. 24,000 (one-way) for an individual. The expenses on your tickets can be minimalized considering that you book them in February.
Key Attractions – The country offers breathtaking mountain ranges, glittering lakes, etc. Coupled with this are the sites of -
- Shkodra, etc.
Popular Among – Planning a trip to Albania? Take your family and friends! Its ambience is ideal for families planning to take a break from their regular mundane life.
Travel Insurance– With a premium of Rs. 177 (excl. the 18% tax) per day for an adult, enjoy a substantial sum insured of $50,000 on Digit's Travel Insurance policy. And the best deal? Convenient and hassle-free claim procedure!
A country with a striking transition time during 2001, featured by its massive inflation and plummeting wages, Bulgaria never ceased to be presented as one of the most picturesque countries.
The country is a treat with quaint mountains, relics of the Soviet rule, swathes of sandy beaches, the embracing mystique the Black Sea!
Food and Accommodation Cost – Your wallet isn't going to get much light over food and accommodation because of their affordability -
- Food and Transportation – Meals per day are priced at approximate of Rs. 920. The local transportation requires somewhere around Rs. 500.
- Hotel Stays – A one-day visit to Bulgaria ends up with you paying a total of Rs. 1500 to Rs. 2500 for accommodation.
Flight Charges – An estimated one-way fare would be between Rs. 21,000 to Rs. 25,000. The tickets to Bulgaria are available at comparatively lower prices during February.
Key Attractions – Bulgaria is majorly characterized by 'bold and beautiful' landscapes that are inclusive of -
- Krushuna Falls,
- Vitosha Mountain,
- the winding roads of Koprivshtitsa town,
- the masterpiece that the now-abandoned Buzludzha Monument is, etc.
Popular Among – The place is Haven personified for backpackers and couples alike. Whether you want to be hypnotized alone or in the company of your loved ones – is up to you!
Travel Insurance– Avail Digit's Travel insurance policy and avail a sum insured of $50,000 against a nominal premium of Rs. 177 (exclusive of the 18% GST) per day for an adult.
5. The Czech Republic
The fall of the Soviet Union in 1989 marks the commencement of the popularity of the Czech Republic and its capital, Prague among tourists.
Termed as one amongst Europe's most fascinating cities, the capital is home to the near-intact core of the medieval world – Gothic architecture at its best with the 14th century Charles Bridge that presents a classic sight.
Food and Accommodation Cost – As per records of past travellers, a visit to this country that counts as one of the cheapest places in Europe from India requires them to stay prepared with -
- Food and Transportation – On average, tourists end up spending approximately Rs. 1500 on meals, and Rs. 570 on local transportation, a day.
- Accommodation – Accommodation charges for the Czech Republic can range somewhere from Rs. 3200 to Rs. 5500 a night.
Flight Charges – Averagely priced at around Rs. 21,000 to Rs. 27,000. You can avail the lowest prices on air tickets in February.
Key Attractions – For those craving a Europe-tour, the Czech Republic is a favourite considering its diversity of tourist attractions. The list comprises -
- St Bartholemew's Cathedral,
- The Renaissance-style Town Hall,
- The Great Synagogue,
- Moravian Karst
- A renaissance style castle in Litomysl
- Olomouc Castles, etc.
Popular Among – This place is well-suited for history-buffs and families. Catering to the interest of both these crowd-genres, the country offers its widespread buffet of culturally rich spots!
Travel Insurance– You can opt for Digit's Travel Insurance at a nominal premium of Rs. 177 (exclusive of 18% GST) per day for an adult and avail a sum insured of $50,000.
Hungary's impression for its tourists is more on the gentle side with its treasure trove of architecture, and one of the richest folk traditions that include music, paintings, and embroidery.
Add to it, its sophisticated culinary spreads, world-renowned wines, and you have a winner!
Food and Accommodation Cost – With planned out itineraries, tourists, should also be prepared for the per-day cost in the country –
- Food and Transportation – The approximate average cost of food can be somewhere around Rs. 1140 for a day. Transportation cost is averaged at roughly Rs. 700 a day.
- Accommodation – Hotel charges for a tourist in this country can range from Rs. 3000 to Rs. 4000.
Flight Charges – Priced at Rs. 24,000 to Rs. 26,000. The tickets to Hungary are comparatively inexpensive during March.
Key Attractions – Hungary seems to have a diverse platter of offering that caters to all tastes when it comes to tourists attractions. It offers –
- Hortobagy National Park
- Pecs, etc.
Popular Among – Ideal for backpackers and couples alike, the country is a delight in its offering of diverse tourist spots that cater to both their likings.
Travel Insurance– Opt for Digit's Travel Insurance and pay a premium of Rs. 177 (exclusive of 18% GST) per day for an adult to avail a total sum insured of $50,000.
The land of fables – castles and mountains, occasionally punctuated with industrial sprawls, Slovakia draws visitors who enjoy the glorious landscape.
While its less-visited East has multiple quaint churches, its frequently visited capital of Bratislavan is a dazzling old town dripping in contemporary culture.
Food and Accommodation Costs – With the affordable sustenance Slovakia offers, food and accommodation should be the least of your worries!
- Food and Transportation – At an approximate of Rs. 2000 per day (Rs. 1500 on meals and Rs. 500 on local transportation).
- Accommodation – Ranging from Rs. 3500 to Rs. 4500.
Flight Charges – Priced somewhere around Rs. 25,000 to Rs. 30,000 - you can get your hands on the cheapest tickets to Slovakia in case you book the tickets in February.
Key Attractions – Located at the heart of Europe, the country is a favourite of many owing to–
- Orava castle,
- Slovak Paradise National Park, etc.
Popular Among – With the buffet of its historical offerings, Slovakia is perfect for families and couples.
Travel Insurance – Digit's Travel Insurance comes with an affordable premium of Rs. 177 plus the 18% GST (per day for an adult) and offers the insured a considerable sum insured of $50,000.
Alluring monasteries and rugged-stone churches dot the pristine landscape of rolling hills across Romania. The banks of Europe's second-largest river, the Danube can be followed to the Black Sea.
Topped with its architectural wonders, Romania makes for one of the best European travel destinations on a budget.
Food and Accommodation Costs – With Romania, the chances of a strained budget are nominal.
- Food and Transportation – The approximate pricing for food and local transportation adds up to an estimated Rs. 3000.
- Hotel Stays – The hotel stays a day for an individual is somewhere around Rs. 2800 to Rs. 4600 with suitable facilities.
Flight Charges – An approximate of Rs. 25,000 to Rs. 30,000. The best time to book flight tickets for Romania would be March.
Key Attractions – Unlike fables surrounding Transylvania, Romania, is not filled with lurking vampires waiting to pounce on you! It, however, has its fair share of medieval castles, dainty alpine scenery, quaint villages, etc. You get to experience -
- The romance of vintage gauge trains at Vaser Valley Forestry Railway,
- Enjoy nature at its best at Danube Delta,
- Get lost in the wildflowers in Transylvanian Alps
-the list is unending…
Popular Among – The diversity in its scenic beauty coupled has made it a popular spot among couples out for a tour of Europe.
Travel Insurance – Avail Digit's travel insurance policy that offers a considerable sum insured of a minimum of $50,000 against a pocket-friendly premium of Rs. 177 (excl. of 18% GST) per day for an adult.
In case you are looking for Mediterranean-fantasy-filled-beaches, Croatia is your call! Sapphire waters, magnificent island-speckled coastline, Croatia boasts of these features.
Additionally, you can also look ahead to adventure sports like diving, sailing, snorkelling, kayaking, and sailing – so there you go!
Food and Accommodation Cost – Now that you are sure to visit this place, get an estimate of the food and accommodation charges of the place -
- Food and Transportation – On average, the food and transportation charges for a day may come to an approximate of Rs. 2200.
- Accommodation – The accommodation cost for an individual spending a day in Croatia adds up to a range of Rs. 2000 to Rs. 3500.
Flight Charges – Approximately Rs. 33,000 to Rs. 38,000 (one way). The cheapest month for flight tickets being February.
Key Attractions – Tucked away in the dainty countryside and glorious coastline, is the country's charm. Contributing to this charismatic appearance are the locations of -
- Zadar region,
- The split region, etc
Popular Among – Ideal for backpackers, Croatia is a beholder's Paradise! Enjoy the inexpensive daily expenses and tranquil nature as you sit along the beaches!
Travel Insurance – Avail the Travel Insurance from Digit and pay a premium of Rs. 177 (18% GST excluded) per day for an adult to enjoy a sum insured of $50,000!
Disclaimer: All prices mentioned above are subjected to change including flight tickets, FOREX-based rates of food, accommodation and transportation.
Hold on! Have you checked off the priority requirement for your travel? TRAVEL INSURANCE?
Why should you buy International Travel Insurance?
How often has your trip been free from unforeseen events? Flight delays, missing luggage, adventure sports accidents, and the list is endless!
With medical emergencies also a part of this list, all that you can bank upon is your travel insurance that offers financial coverage to all of this.
However, to make the most out of your availed plan, keep your eyes on the best insurance providers across India like Digit.
Few of the benefits that you can avail from your travel insurance include –
- Offering financial coverage during medical emergencies.
- Providing a financial security net in cases of personal liability.
- Extending financial support during travel-related emergencies like baggage lost or delayed in transit, emergency cash requirements, trip cancellations, etc.
Along these lines, Digit Insurance can be your ideal choice with its -
- Diverse plans, and
- Nominal premiums starting from Rs. 177 (excluding the 18% GST)
- Covering approximately 179 countries.
Such policies ensure that when you are busy staying mesmerized at the cheap countries in Europe to visit from India, you stay financially covered over a simple claim procedure that is hassle-free and paperless!
With such financial leverages and a list of the cheapest European destinations from India, why are you still waiting on your travel plans?
Frequently Asked Questions
Please try one more time!
Disclaimer - The information mentioned here about the countries, visa fee and others is taken from different sources. Please verify the same before you book your tickets, apply for visa or buy a travel policy.
Get our app
- Third Party Car Insurance
- Comprehensive Car Insurance
- Zero Depreciation Car Insurance
- NCB in Car Insurance
- IDV Calculator for Car
- Bumper to Bumper Car Insurance
- Car Insurance Calculator
- Own Damage Car Insurance
- Comprehensive vs Third Party Insurance
- Compare Car Insurance
- Find Vehicle Registration Details Online
- Third Party Bike Insurance
- Comprehensive Bike Insurance
- Zero Depreciation Bike Insurance
- NCB in Two Wheeler Insurance
- IDV Value Calculator for Bike
- Add-on Cover in Bike Insurance
- Bike Insurance Calculator
- Own Damage Bike Insurance
- Comprehensive vs Third Party Bike Insurance
- Compare Bike Insurance
- Royal Enfield Insurance
- TVS Insurance
- Hero Bike Insurance
- Types of Insurance
- Types of General Insurance
- Types of Motor Insurance
- International Driving License
- Visa on Arrival for Indians
- Visa Free Countries for Indians
- Comprehensive vs Zero Depreciation
- Coronavirus Health Insurance
- Coronavirus Symptoms Checker
- Indian Passport Rank
- Digit Illness Group Insurance
- Hero Splendor Insurance
- Access Insurance
- Scooty Insurance
CIN: U66010PN2016PLC167410, IRDAI Reg. No. 158.
Go Digit General Insurance Limited (formerly known as Oben General Insurance Ltd.) - Registered Office Address - 1 to 6 floors, Ananta One (AR One), Pride Hotel Lane, Narveer Tanaji Wadi, City Survey No.1579, Shivaji Nagar, Pune-411005, Maharashtra | Corporate Office Address - Atlantis, 95, 4th B Cross Road, Koramangala Industrial Layout, 5th Block, Bengaluru-560095, Karnataka