- Hyundai I10
- Hyundai Santro Xing
- Hyundai Elite I20
- Maruti Suzuki Wagon R
- Maruti Suzuki Swift
- Maruti Suzuki Swift Dzire
- Maruti Suzuki Alto
- Ford Figo
- Volkswagen Polo
- Recent years
- New Car
What is Engine Protect in Car Insurance?
The engine of your car literally plays the same role as your own heart! It’s what pumps life into your car. You can’t survive without a heart, can you? Neither can your car without an engine😊!
So, it’s of utmost importance to keep your engine in a healthy condition by regularly getting it serviced and ensuring it is always well lubricated, just as you have regular check-ups to ensure that you are in the pink of health. Lest we mention, we said well lubricated because the oil flowing through your car’s engine is like the blood flowing through your heart!
That said, however well you maintain your car, your car’s engine is prone to regular wear and tear, and under certain unforeseen circumstances major engine parts can fail too. Just as one can’t predict a heart attack, if we might say!
And the shocking part is, your engine is not covered under your comprehensive car insurance! It usually gets classified under Consequential damage, or a damage that is not directly a result of an unfortunate incident.
And here’s where the importance of engine and gearbox insurance protection comes in. This ‘Add on’ cover, covers all the major components of not only your engine in case of an accident, but your gearbox too! Why gearbox? Well, the gearbox is what eventually transfers the power of your engine to the wheels of your car, so that you can drive it in the first place!
To repair or replace any of these components can cost enough to give you a heart attack! Well, not literally, but we guess you get the point😊! Basically this Car insurance ‘Add on’ cover helps you get out of such situations without burning a hole in your pocket!
Read more: Addon Cover in Car Insurance
What is Covered in Engine Protection Cover?
It basically covers the cost of all the components including:
- Repair and replacement costs for all engine child parts.
- Repair and replacement costs for all gearbox child parts.
- Cost of Consumables replenished including lubricating oil, coolant, nuts and bolts during the repair.
- Labour Cost required to carry out the repair or replacement of the damaged components.
What's not covered?
- Any other consequential damages, apart from that to the engine or gearbox will not be covered.
- Damages caused to the engine or gearbox due to wear and tear and not because of an accident or calamity will not be covered.
- Damages covered under the manufacturer's warranty will not be covered under the policy.
- Any claim where water inundation is not proved in case of water ingression related loss will not be covered.