14 Best Small Business Ideas in Pune
Pune is known for being one of the most economically developed cities in India. The city has become a major IT hub and is home to one of the best educational institutions in India.
The tremendous economic growth has made Pune a favourable place to start small-scale businesses. So, if looking for small business ideas in Pune in which you can prosper and generate huge profits, here are some mentioned for you.
List of 14 High Profit Business in Pune With Low Investment
Below are some of the most profitable small-scale business ideas in Pune that have huge market potential:
1. Nursery Shop
Urbanisation has led to the construction of sky-high apartments and this has resulted in a drastic loss of greenery and plants around people. Therefore, opening a nursery shop can be highly rewarding in a Tier 1 city like Pune.
- Investment: Up to ₹12 Lakhs
- Resources: Licence, minimum 500 sq. feet space, plants, trees, seeds, machines, and equipment, website, social media handles, trained staff, etc.
- Market Demand: The plant nursery business has immense prospects in India and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 50% in the upcoming years. As per reports, it is going to attain a market value of ₹327 billion by 2025.
- Profit Margin: 5%
2. Youtube Vlogging
the most exciting and rewarding options for individuals who are willing to start a small-scale business in Pune. Vloggers can garner publicity by sharing travel vlogs and by showcasing beautiful city life. Remember, to be a successful entrepreneur in this field one needs to provide insightful content that brings value to society.
3. Street Food Joint
Pune, the second largest city of Maharashtra, is a foodie’s paradise. It is known for its famous street foods like Bhel Puri and Vada Pav which have always tickled the taste buds of every Maharashtrian. Thus, a street food business has tremendous prospects and can be a highly profitable small-investment business in Pune.
- Investment: Up to ₹1 Lakh.
- Resources: Licence, store/space, raw materials, cutting machines, containers, cups and plates, efficient staff, etc.
- Market Demand: The Indian street food market is a budding sector with over 10 million vendors who cumulatively earn close to ₹ 8000 crores every day. From 2021-2025, this sector will accelerate at a CAGR of 39%.
- Profit Margin: 35% - 50%.
4. Day-Care Centre
Modernisation has led to an equal workforce ratio and has significantly changed the ways of living. Many nuclear families in Pune have both parents working and there is no one to look after their children. Here a daycare centre business could be a great option under low-budget business ideas in Pune meeting the needs of people who are looking for professionals to take care of their offspring.
- Investment: ₹30 Lakhs -₹40 Lakhs.
- Resources: Licence, beds, baby food, cleaners, staff, food supplies, toys, toiletries, medical kits, baby cutlery and utensils, spacious location/centre, etc.
- Market Demand: The daycare market share in India is close to ₹13000 crores and has grown at a rate of 23% till last year. This will increase in the coming years with further modernisation and radical changes in societal institutions.
- Profit Margin: 5% - 15%.
5. Residential Rental Business
There are numerous IT companies and educational institutions in Pune which attract migrants from different parts of the country. This has automatically increased the demand for residential rental properties including paying guests. So, offering a place here for rent can earn big profits.
Tier 1 Indian cities have witnessed a rapid growth in demand for rental properties in the last decade. Recent reports say that about 43% of people prefer renting houses to owning one
- Investment: ₹1 Lakhs - ₹20 Lakhs.
- Resources: Licence, furnished rooms, electricity supply, water supply, geyser, caretaker, furniture, etc.
- Market Demand: As per reports, prominent places in Pune like Hinjewadi and Wagholi have witnessed a growth of 21% in demand for residential rental properties.
- Profit Margin: Up to 50%.
6. Coaching Centre
The education system has witnessed a drastic change in recent years. Students in Bangalore are gradually becoming more dependent on coaching centres because of their beneficial teaching techniques. Lakhs of students come to Pune to take coaching for different competitive exams. So, a home-based or online coaching centre is one of the best low-budget business ideas in Pune that you can set up.
- Investment: ₹10 Lakhs - ₹20 Lakhs.
- Resources: Licence, office space/store, chairs, benches, blackboards, website, social media handles, YouTube channels, practical equipment, etc.
- Market Demand: The academic coaching centre industry in India has a market value worth ₹58088 crores and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 20% in the next few years.
- Profit Margin: ₹50000 to ₹70000 per month.
7. Cookery Classes
Therefore, a cookery class can be a highly profitable business for individuals who have excellent culinary skills and wish to earn a living by sharing cooking tips and tricks. Women who are homemakers and looking for small business ideas in Pune may start giving cooking classes at home either online or offline.
- Investment: ₹ 50000 - ₹1 Lakh.
- Resources: Space/location, utensils, raw materials, containers, microwaves, gas, social media handles, etc.
- Market Demand: Individuals who have a cooking class business can easily earn huge figures in a month without any additional investments. The only way to retain customers is by delivering unique ideas and tips that can help people. It is expected to register a CAGR of 18.9% between 2021 and 2029.
- Profit Margin: Up to 80%.
8. Cake Baking Business
Cake has become an indispensable part of all kinds of celebrations. Therefore, a cake-baking business can be highly lucrative because of the increasing demand for freshly baked cakes for various occasions.
- Investment: ₹5 Lakhs -₹10 Lakhs.
- Resources: Licence, raw materials, utensils, microwave, mixers, containers, packaging materials, delivery staff, office space/store, etc.
- Market Demand: Interestingly, the cake market sector in India is estimated to witness a CAGR of 12.5% between 2023 and 2028.
- Profit Margin: 29% - 40%.
9. Coffee Shop
Coffee shops are increasingly becoming popular in urban cities. A coffee shop is an ideal place to relax and enjoy a fresh cup of coffee after a tiring day. Not to mention it has also become an ideal spot to schedule business meetings and carry out business dealings. Thus, opening a coffee shop seems like a lucrative option under a limited investment.
- Investment: ₹15 Lakhs - ₹20 Lakhs.
- Resources: Licence, space/location, raw materials, chairs and tables, trained staff, coffee grinder, coffee machine, etc.
- Market Demand: The current report says, it is one of the fastest growing sectors valued at ₹4540 crores. Additionally, from 2019-2024, this sector will further exhibit a CAGR of 12%.
- Profit Margin: 93.5% gross profit/cup of coffee.
10. Photography Business
People who are passionate about photography can easily monetise their skills by embarking upon a photography business. Photographers can gather publicity and clients by showcasing their lifeworks on social media handles.
- Investment: ₹1 Lakh - ₹10 Lakhs.
- Resources: Licence, camera, lenses, camera stands, responsive website, engaging social media handles, reliable staff, tripod, props, etc.
- Market Demand: The photography and videography sector will register a CAGR of 11.35% from 2022-2027.
- Profit Margin: 25% - 50%.
11. Chikki Making Business
Chikki is a popular Maharashtrian sweet made up of nuts and jaggery. A chikki-making business has budding prospects in Pune and can be started with minimum investments. Additionally, chikki is a highly nutritious sweet loaded with proteins and carbohydrates which makes it a demanding product.
- Investment: Up to ₹ 10 Lakhs.
- Resources: Licence, raw materials, a sweetener like sugar/jaggery, packaging materials, distributor, staff, etc.
- Market Demand: From 2023-2028, the Indian snacks market will register a CAGR of 10.4% and acquire a market value worth ₹70731 crores.
- Profit Margin: Up to 10%.
12. Dry Cleaning Service
There is a high demand for dry cleaners in urban areas where most people have fast-paced lives and do not get time to clean and iron their clothes. A dry cleaning business can be highly profitable in a bustling metropolis like Pune, primarily because it does not require additional investments.
The demand will escalate rapidly, especially in commercial sectors like hotels, hospitals, etc.
- Investment: ₹5 Lakh - ₹7 Lakhs.
- Resources: washers, iron, dryers, carts, washing machines, tables, trained staff, office space/store/space, detergents/soaps, etc.
- Market Demand: The dry cleaning business in India is highly lucrative and is estimated to exhibit a CAGR of 7.5% for the coming years.
- Profit Margin: Up to 40%.
13. Car Washing and Detailing Business
The automobile industry in Pune is a booming sector with close to 43.40 lakh registered cars. Car owners here are often in desperate need of door-to-door car washing services. Therefore, car washing and detailing can be a feasible small-scale business in Pune.
- Investment: Up to ₹ 10 Lakh
- Resources: Licence, wiping clothes, sponges, equipment, vacuum cleaners, pumps, dryers, staff, office space/store/garage, etc.
- Market Demand: The vehicle washing and detailing business in India will prosper at a CAGR of 3.2% from 2022-2032.
- Profit Margin: Up to 40%.
14. Fruit Juice Corner
People are extremely health conscious these days and are mindful of their diet. However, fast-paced lives in Tier 1 cities do not give people the opportunity to buy and consume fruits regularly. Thus, a fruit juice corner can be a feasible option for individuals who are looking for low-budget business ideas in Pune.
- Investment: ₹10 Lakh - ₹20 Lakhs.
- Resource: Office space/store, fruits from reliable sources, fruit cutting machines, glasses and containers, juice makers, chairs and tables, reliable staff, etc.
- Market Demand: The fruit juice industry in India is a sprawling sector with a market value worth ₹193 crores. Furthermore, it will register a CAGR of 2.92% between 2023 and 2027.
- Profit Margin: 15% - 20%.