- Hyundai I10
- Hyundai Santro Xing
- Hyundai Elite I20
- Maruti Suzuki Wagon R
- Maruti Suzuki Swift
- Maruti Suzuki Swift Dzire
- Maruti Suzuki Alto
- Ford Figo
- Volkswagen Polo
- Maruti Swift
- Maruti Swift Dzire
- Maruti Alto
- Maruti Baleno
- Hyundai i10
- Hyundai i20
- Hyundai Eon
- Ford Figo
- Honda Amaze
- Honda City
- Recent years
- New Car
Car Insurance Claim: A Complete Guide
Have taken an insurance policy but don’t know what to do when you need it? This blog is your holy grail that helps to know how to claim for car insurance in different situations! Every Insurance policy looks perfect, before you have to make a claim for it.
Claims is the moment of truth for the customer and the ease of getting it actually makes you think about continuing with the insurance provider. No matter how careful we are about our driving, sometimes things are just not in our control. So, it is always wise to know the claim process beforehand. Incase if there’s a mishap you know exactly what to do.
What all is covered in your car insurance?
There are two main things that are covered under your car insurance: Own Damage and Third-Party LiabilityThings covered under Own Damage
Coverage against loss of or damage to your vehicle caused by accident, theft, fire, explosion, self-ignition, lightning, riots, strikes or act of terrorism, natural calamities.Things covered under Third Party Liability:
Also, your car insurance offers Unlimited Personal Accident cover, which you can opt for. Incase if there’s an injury or death of the owner driver, this cover takes care of the expenses as well as offers a lump sum compensation.
How to Select a Car Insurance Company?
So, how should you select a car insurance company to ensure that your car insurance claim process is easy and simple?
- Check the car insurance claim process. The simpler it is, the faster will the process be for you.
- At Digit, your claim gets registered with just a call. We don’t make you fill any forms.
- Also, our smartphone-enabled self-inspection lets you shoot the damages of your car in the convenience of your smartphone, without having to wait for a third party to assess your car.
Customer Care Service
- You should try giving a call to the customer care team before choosing your insurer, and you will get an idea on how fast and helpful they are.
- Also, look for a company that offers 24*7 customer support, like we at Digit do, even on National Holidays.
Speed of Claim Settlement
- Check for the claim settlement turn around time, as that will actually give you an insight on how fast the claims are settled by the insurer.
- Digit, 90.4% of the motor claims settled are within 30 days.
Different types of Car Insurance Claims
How to Claim Car Insurance
Documents required for Car Insurance Claim
Some Situations where your Car Insurance Claim might get Rejected
Car Insurance claims can be a breeze, if you have opted for the right insurance company. So, choose wisely.😊
Related articles - What is comprehensive car insurance | What is roadside assistance | What is car insurance premium calculator | Difference between comprehensive and third party car insurance | Types of car insurance in India