Malaysia Tourist Visa for Indian Citizens
Get Travel Insurance for your Malaysia Trip starting from ₹206
Most Popular(You can select more than one)
Terms and conditions
All about Malaysia Tourist Visa for Indian Citizens
Malaysia is one of the most underrated places to travel in Asia. From the typical island life to jaw-dropping skyscrapers (including one of the most ones in the world in Kuala Lumpur!) to wild rainforests and jungles; this all year round warm country would be a delightful visit for every kind of traveler.
Do Indians need a visa for Malaysia?
Yes, Indians do need a visa for Malaysia. But don’t worry, the process is very simple for Indian passport holders as compared to other countries.
Is there a visa on arrival in Malaysia for Indian citizens?
Yes, but only via connected countries such as Thailand, Singapore or Indonesia. Indian citizens can not directly land into Malaysia and ask for a tourist visa. Indian citizens are eligible for a visa on arrival only when they enter into Malaysia via one of the third-countries such as Thailand, Singapore or Indonesia. This makes sense if you’re planning to travel to these other countries as well, if not- then it’s probably better to opt for a Malaysian Tourist Visa directly.
Documents required for Malaysia Tourist visa
- A valid tourist visa for either Thailand, Singapore or Indonesia. (If you are traveling to these countries as well)
- A valid return ticket to India
- 3 recent passport-sized photographs
- Minimum $1000 to show as proof of sustenance during your stay in Malaysia
- Cover letter if you are travelling for business purposes.
- If a minor is applying, parents should submit an NOC and their passport copies as well
What is an eVISA?
An eVISA is an online application platform that enables you to apply for an electronic visa to enter Malaysia at your convenience. The Malaysian eVisa is issued for purposes such as tourism, casual visit to meet friends or relatives, short duration medical treatment or casual business visit. There are three types of Malaysia eVisa (Malaysia eVisa) for tourists i.e, Malaysia eNTRI visa, 30 days entry Tourist Visa and 30 Days Multiple entry eVisa.
Malaysia Tourist visa fee for Indian citizens
|Multiple/Single entry visa||
Single entry visa
Single entry visa
|Validity 3 months||
Validity 3 months
Validity 3 months
|All eligible countries||
Eligible for China and India
Eligible for China and India
How to apply for Malaysia Tourist visa from India?
In March 2016, the government of Malaysia introduced the e-visa for travellers wishing to explore Malaysia. Travellers are required to fill an online application form for the same. Once the form is correctly filled and submitted with payment, travellers will receive their electronic visa via email. This facility of e-Visa is available for nationals of China, India, Sri Lanka, Nepal, Myanmar, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Serbia and Montenegro.
To apply for an evisa, follow the below steps:
- Download the visa form from www.vfsglobal.com
- Complete your visa application form and affix your photograph after double checking the photograph specifications.
- Attach all supporting documents required as per the checklist.
- Make sure your application is complete, incomplete applications will not be accepted.
- Submit your application at the VFS Malaysia Visa Application Centre in Kolkata, Chandigarh, Bangalore, Hyderabad, Pune or Ahmedabad along with the applicable fees in Cash and Demand Draft as applicable.
- Track your application online
- Collect your passport from the VFS centre in person or wait for the delivery.
Malaysia Tourist visa processing time
Malaysia eVISA/eNTRI takes approximately 2 working days. The 2- days processing time is calculated from the day you apply for your visa.
Should I buy Travel Insurance for Malaysia?
When you travel to a foreign land, there are many things that can go wrong. From flight delays and luggage loss to medical emergencies and loss of money; having a travel insurance will not only give you financial comfort in such situations but will also make the whole experience a lot less difficult for you. A travel insurance for Malaysia will secure you against all unforeseen circumstances you may fall into; including in situations where you’re bound to feel vulnerable due to the fact that you are in an unknown land, far away from home.
A travel insurance for Malaysia can give you safety in all such situations:
- Trip Cancellations
- Missed Flight Connections
- Injury or Sickness
- Loss of Baggage or Delay in Baggage
- Loss of Passport
- Adventure Sports
- Emergency Medical Evacuation
Know more about:
- How to Compare Travel Insurance Online?
- Visa Free Countries for Indian Citizens
- Is Travel Insurance Mandatory for Visa?
So, what are you waiting for? Get online, get that visa and travel insurance and you’re all set to plan the rest of your vacation in Malaysia.
FAQs about Malaysia Tourist Visa for Indian Passport Holders
Please try one more time!
Travel Insurance for Popular Destinations from India
Get Visa for Popular Countries from India
Disclaimer - The information mentioned here about the countries, visa fees and others is taken from different sources. Digit Insurance is not promoting or recommending anything here. Please verify the same before you book your tickets, apply for a visa, buy a travel policy or make any other decision.
Get our app
- Third Party Car Insurance
- Comprehensive Car Insurance
- Zero Depreciation Car Insurance
- NCB in Car Insurance
- IDV Calculator for Car
- Bumper to Bumper Car Insurance
- Car Insurance Calculator
- Own Damage Car Insurance
- Comprehensive vs Third Party Insurance
- Compare Car Insurance
- Find Vehicle Registration Details Online
- Third Party Bike Insurance
- Comprehensive Bike Insurance
- Zero Depreciation Bike Insurance
- NCB in Two Wheeler Insurance
- IDV Value Calculator for Bike
- Add-on Cover in Bike Insurance
- Bike Insurance Calculator
- Own Damage Bike Insurance
- Comprehensive vs Third Party Bike Insurance
- Compare Bike Insurance
- Royal Enfield Insurance
- TVS Insurance
- Hero Bike Insurance
- Types of Insurance
- Types of General Insurance
- Types of Motor Insurance
- International Driving License
- Visa on Arrival for Indians
- Visa Free Countries for Indians
- Comprehensive vs Zero Depreciation
- Coronavirus Health Insurance
- Coronavirus Symptoms Checker
- Indian Passport Rank
- Digit Illness Group Insurance
- Hero Splendor Insurance
- Access Insurance
- Scooty Insurance
- SME Buddy Calculator
- Home Loan EMI Calculator
- Bike Loan EMI Calculator
- Car Loan EMI Calculator
- HRA Exemption Calculator
- Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana Calculator
- SIP Calculator
- RD Calculator
- SWP Calculator
- GST Calculator
- PPF Calculator
- Personal Loan EMI Calculator
- EMI Calculator
- Individual Income Tax Slab
- Tax Saving Options other than 80C
- Business Insurance
- Management Liability Insurance
- General Liability Insurance
- Workmen Compensation Insurance
- Fidelity Insurance
- Professional Liability Insurance
- Money Insurance Policy
- Sign Board Insurance
- Plate Glass Insurance
- Erection All Risk Insurance
- Contractors' All Risks Insurance
- Directors and Officers Liability Insurance
- Marine Cargo Insurance
- Contractors Plant and Machinery Insurance
CIN: U66010PN2016PLC167410, IRDAI Reg. No. 158.
Go Digit General Insurance Limited (formerly known as Oben General Insurance Ltd.) - Registered Office Address - 1 to 6 floors, Ananta One (AR One), Pride Hotel Lane, Narveer Tanaji Wadi, City Survey No.1579, Shivaji Nagar, Pune-411005, Maharashtra | Corporate Office Address - Atlantis, 95, 4th B Cross Road, Koramangala Industrial Layout, 5th Block, Bengaluru-560095, Karnataka