Covering COVID-19 for safe travels!
Most Popular(You can select more than one)
Terms and conditions
L2 Visa Interview Questions and Answers
Have you recently applied for an L2 visa?
This document is needed by the spouse or children of an L1 applicant to enter the United States of America.
However, you need to clear the interview for visa clearance.
Keep reading to find the possible L2 visa questions and answers for a successful interview.
What Is an L2 Visa?
An L2 visa is issued to the spouse, minors, and unmarried children under 21 years of an L1 visa holder. An L2 visa is of non-immigrant status that remains valid until the L1 holder’s visa validity.
This visa allows an applicant to work full-time with employment authorisation, travel within the US, and go to a school.
Individuals applying for an L2 visa have to go through an interview process. This decides their visa application approval.
A consulate officer conducts the interviewing process. During the interview, all applicants are asked L2 visa interview questions to ensure their relationship with an L1 member.
It also scrutinises their qualification for an L2 visa. Therefore, the applicants should answer honestly as an interviewer will conduct verification.
Here are some suggestions for L2 visa interview questions and answers to help you get the visa easily.
What Are the Possible Questions for an L2 Visa Interview?
L2 visa questions are straightforward. However, applicants need to provide relevant answers and submit documents to get approval immediately.
Here are some suggestions according to application purpose.
Questions About L2 Visa
1. Did you arrange for the interview on your own, or did someone help you?
Answer whether you applied for an L2 visa procedure or took someone’s help.
2. Name the type of visa that you are applying for.
Applicants need to tell an interviewer that they have applied for an L2 visa.
3. What action will you take after your visa expires?
In this case, what the interviewer basically wants to know is if the applicant is aware of the visa expiry date and the steps that need to be taken after the visa expires. Therefore, answer accordingly.
4. Why do you have to go to the US?
Tell the exact purpose for going to the US.
Questions Related to Previous Visits And Visa to the US
1. Have you ever visited the US before?
You need to answer honestly whether this is your first visit to the US. An interviewer will cross-check the answer.
2. Has your visa ever been rejected?
Answer in yes or no. You need to provide a supporting answer if the visa has been cancelled.
3. What type of visa was used when travelling on a previous visit to the US?
An applicant has to name the type of visa used on a previous US visit.
4. What was the duration of stay in the US?
Here you need to mention the duration of the previous US trip.
5. When did you last travel to the US?
You have to mention when you last went to the US. Also, mention the year and the date.
Questions About an Applicant for an L2 Visa
1. Will you be working in the US?
Answer whether you plan to work during your stay in the US.
2. Are you planning to study in the US during your stay?
If you plan to do so, answer yes.
3. How will you spend your spare time when your spouse is at work?
Be precise while answering this query. For example, you can talk about your hobbies.
4. What is your educational qualification?
Tell the interviewer about your educational qualification. Show certificates and proof to validate it.
5. Name the college you completed your graduation from?
Tell the name of the college from where you graduated.
6. Are you currently employed?
You can answer this question with a yes or no.
7. Do you plan to quit your job?
Answer in yes or no. Also, give a valid reason for the same.
8. Whether you are employed or studying?
Answer whether you are employed, a student, or a homemaker.
9. What is your present address?
Provide the document showing your address.
10. Who will pay for the expenses of your trip to the US?
It is advisable to mention your or your spouse’s name.
11. Where will you stay in the US?
Mention the name of the city and the state you plan to stay.
12. Do you have relatives or friends in the US?
Answer in yes or no. If yes, then mention their names and address.
L2 Visa Interview Questions for a Spouse
1. What is the highest education qualification of your spouse?
Answer correctly. Also, carry proof for the same in case the interviewer asks for it.
2. What is the name of the company where your spouse works?
Provide relevant information. The interviewer basically wants to know if you are aware of all the necessary details.
3. What is your spouse’s birth date?
Provide your spouse's accurate birth date.
4. Where is your spouse’s company located?
Mention the place where the company is located and the address.
5. How many years has your spouse worked for the company?
Mention the number of years or months.
L2 Visa Questions Regarding an Applicant’s Marriage
1. Can you show us your wedding album?
The visa officer may ask you to show your wedding album for verification purposes.
2. What is your marriage date and location?
Mention the correct date and place of your marriage.
3. What are the names of your mother and father-in-law?
Provide correct names of your in-laws.
4. Can you show us your wedding invitation/card?
Make sure to carry your wedding invitation for proof.
Apart from asking L2 visa interview questions for wife and husband, an interviewer may enquire about children. It would be best if you carry appropriate documents for the same.
L2 Visa Questions Regarding an Applicant’s Children
1. Do you have any children? How many?
Provide details, if applicable.
2. Do your children hold United States citizenship?
Provide relevant information
3. Can you show us the birth certificates of your children?
Provide birth certificates of your children to an interviewer.
4. How old are your children?
Give relevant details about the age of your children.
Questions Asked If You Do Not Apply for an L2 Visa Along With L1?
1. Why have you applied for the L2 visa separately?
Specify a reason for the same.
2. When was your spouse’s L1 visa stamped?
Provide relevant date and information.
3. How long has your spouse been working in the US?
Mention the duration of your spouse’s employment in the US.
4. Why have you not applied for an L2 visa when your spouse applied for an L1 visa?
Give a relevant answer. It shouldn’t contradict your previous answers.
5. What is annual income of your spouse?
Provide relevant answers. You can show financial statements to support your answer.
6. Can you provide us with bank statements of your spouse?
Show bank statements of your spouse as asked.
7. Can you show the recent paystubs of your spouse?
Provide recent paystubs.
8. Has your spouse’s employer/company applied for the green card petition?
You can answer this question with a yes or no.
Prepare these L2 visa interview questions and answers for working husband and wife beforehand for clarity. Always carry relevant proof to support your statement.
Here are some additional tips to help you excel in an L2 visa interview.
Helpful Interview Tips for L2 Visa Interview Questions
Always keep yourself calm and answer with confidence. Checking the sample L2 dependent visa interview questions would work as a stress buster.
- Always double-check facts and information
- Carry both original and photocopy of documents
- Reach the consulate on time. It will be helpful if you know the location beforehand
- Fill in all appropriate paperwork, such as a DS-160 form, and carry photographs.
Do not forget to check the US consulate website of a state for updates on the L2 visa and its variables. Also, check third party sites for relevant L2 visa questions.
Frequently Asked Questions
Please try one more time!
Important Articles about Visa Processes
Your policy is subjected to terms and conditions mentioned in your policy schedule and policy wording. Please go through the documents carefully.
The information mentioned here about the countries, visa fees and others is taken from different sources. Digit Insurance is not promoting or recommending anything here. Please verify the same before you book your tickets, apply for a visa, buy a travel policy or make any other decision.
Get our app
- Third Party Car Insurance
- Comprehensive Car Insurance
- Zero Depreciation Car Insurance
- NCB in Car Insurance
- IDV Calculator for Car
- Bumper to Bumper Car Insurance
- Car Insurance Calculator
- Own Damage Car Insurance
- Comprehensive vs Third Party Insurance
- Compare Car Insurance
- Find Vehicle Registration Details Online
- Third Party Bike Insurance
- Comprehensive Bike Insurance
- Zero Depreciation Bike Insurance
- NCB in Two Wheeler Insurance
- IDV Value Calculator for Bike
- Add-on Cover in Bike Insurance
- Bike Insurance Calculator
- Own Damage Bike Insurance
- Comprehensive vs Third Party Bike Insurance
- Compare Bike Insurance
- Royal Enfield Insurance
- TVS Insurance
- Hero Bike Insurance
- Types of Insurance
- Types of General Insurance
- Types of Motor Insurance
- International Driving License
- Visa on Arrival for Indians
- Visa Free Countries for Indians
- Comprehensive vs Zero Depreciation
- Coronavirus Health Insurance
- Coronavirus Symptoms Checker
- Indian Passport Rank
- Digit Illness Group Insurance
- Hero Splendor Insurance
- Access Insurance
- Scooty Insurance
- SME Buddy Calculator
- Home Loan EMI Calculator
- Bike Loan EMI Calculator
- Car Loan EMI Calculator
- HRA Exemption Calculator
- Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana Calculator
- SIP Calculator
- RD Calculator
- SWP Calculator
- GST Calculator
- PPF Calculator
- Personal Loan EMI Calculator
- EMI Calculator
- Individual Income Tax Slab
- Tax Saving Options other than 80C
- Business Insurance
- Management Liability Insurance
- General Liability Insurance
- Workmen Compensation Insurance
- Fidelity Insurance
- Professional Liability Insurance
- Money Insurance Policy
- Sign Board Insurance
- Plate Glass Insurance
- Erection All Risk Insurance
- Contractors' All Risks Insurance
- Directors and Officers Liability Insurance
- Marine Cargo Insurance
- Contractors Plant and Machinery Insurance
CIN: U66010PN2016PLC167410, IRDAI Reg. No. 158.
Go Digit General Insurance Limited (formerly known as Oben General Insurance Ltd.) - Registered Office Address - 1 to 6 floors, Ananta One (AR One), Pride Hotel Lane, Narveer Tanaji Wadi, City Survey No.1579, Shivaji Nagar, Pune-411005, Maharashtra | Corporate Office Address - Atlantis, 95, 4th B Cross Road, Koramangala Industrial Layout, 5th Block, Bengaluru-560095, Karnataka