Our WhatsApp number cannot be used for calls. This is a chat only number.
Have you recently applied for an L2 visa?
This document is needed by the spouse or children of an L1 applicant to enter the United States of America.
However, you need to clear the interview for visa clearance.
Keep reading to find the possible L2 visa questions and answers for a successful interview.
An L2 visa is issued to the spouse, minors, and unmarried children under 21 years of an L1 visa holder. An L2 visa is of non-immigrant status that remains valid until the L1 holder’s visa validity.
This visa allows an applicant to work full-time with employment authorisation, travel within the US, and go to a school.
Individuals applying for an L2 visa have to go through an interview process. This decides their visa application approval.
A consulate officer conducts the interviewing process. During the interview, all applicants are asked L2 visa interview questions to ensure their relationship with an L1 member.
It also scrutinises their qualification for an L2 visa. Therefore, the applicants should answer honestly as an interviewer will conduct verification.
Here are some suggestions for L2 visa interview questions and answers to help you get the visa easily.
L2 visa questions are straightforward. However, applicants need to provide relevant answers and submit documents to get approval immediately.
Here are some suggestions according to application purpose.
1. Did you arrange for the interview on your own, or did someone help you?
Answer whether you applied for an L2 visa procedure or took someone’s help.
2. Name the type of visa that you are applying for.
Applicants need to tell an interviewer that they have applied for an L2 visa.
3. What action will you take after your visa expires?
In this case, what the interviewer basically wants to know is if the applicant is aware of the visa expiry date and the steps that need to be taken after the visa expires. Therefore, answer accordingly.
4. Why do you have to go to the US?
Tell the exact purpose for going to the US.
1. Have you ever visited the US before?
You need to answer honestly whether this is your first visit to the US. An interviewer will cross-check the answer.
2. Has your visa ever been rejected?
Answer in yes or no. You need to provide a supporting answer if the visa has been cancelled.
3. What type of visa was used when travelling on a previous visit to the US?
An applicant has to name the type of visa used on a previous US visit.
4. What was the duration of stay in the US?
Here you need to mention the duration of the previous US trip.
5. When did you last travel to the US?
You have to mention when you last went to the US. Also, mention the year and the date.
1. Will you be working in the US?
Answer whether you plan to work during your stay in the US.
2. Are you planning to study in the US during your stay?
If you plan to do so, answer yes.
3. How will you spend your spare time when your spouse is at work?
Be precise while answering this query. For example, you can talk about your hobbies.
4. What is your educational qualification?
Tell the interviewer about your educational qualification. Show certificates and proof to validate it.
5. Name the college you completed your graduation from?
Tell the name of the college from where you graduated.
6. Are you currently employed?
You can answer this question with a yes or no.
7. Do you plan to quit your job?
Answer in yes or no. Also, give a valid reason for the same.
8. Whether you are employed or studying?
Answer whether you are employed, a student, or a homemaker.
9. What is your present address?
Provide the document showing your address.
10. Who will pay for the expenses of your trip to the US?
It is advisable to mention your or your spouse’s name.
11. Where will you stay in the US?
Mention the name of the city and the state you plan to stay.
12. Do you have relatives or friends in the US?
Answer in yes or no. If yes, then mention their names and address.
1. What is the highest education qualification of your spouse?
Answer correctly. Also, carry proof for the same in case the interviewer asks for it.
2. What is the name of the company where your spouse works?
Provide relevant information. The interviewer basically wants to know if you are aware of all the necessary details.
3. What is your spouse’s birth date?
Provide your spouse's accurate birth date.
4. Where is your spouse’s company located?
Mention the place where the company is located and the address.
5. How many years has your spouse worked for the company?
Mention the number of years or months.
1. Can you show us your wedding album?
The visa officer may ask you to show your wedding album for verification purposes.
2. What is your marriage date and location?
Mention the correct date and place of your marriage.
3. What are the names of your mother and father-in-law?
Provide correct names of your in-laws.
4. Can you show us your wedding invitation/card?
Make sure to carry your wedding invitation for proof.
Apart from asking L2 visa interview questions for wife and husband, an interviewer may enquire about children. It would be best if you carry appropriate documents for the same.
1. Do you have any children? How many?
Provide details, if applicable.
2. Do your children hold United States citizenship?
Provide relevant information
3. Can you show us the birth certificates of your children?
Provide birth certificates of your children to an interviewer.
4. How old are your children?
Give relevant details about the age of your children.
1. Why have you applied for the L2 visa separately?
Specify a reason for the same.
2. When was your spouse’s L1 visa stamped?
Provide relevant date and information.
3. How long has your spouse been working in the US?
Mention the duration of your spouse’s employment in the US.
4. Why have you not applied for an L2 visa when your spouse applied for an L1 visa?
Give a relevant answer. It shouldn’t contradict your previous answers.
5. What is annual income of your spouse?
Provide relevant answers. You can show financial statements to support your answer.
6. Can you provide us with bank statements of your spouse?
Show bank statements of your spouse as asked.
7. Can you show the recent paystubs of your spouse?
Provide recent paystubs.
8. Has your spouse’s employer/company applied for the green card petition?
You can answer this question with a yes or no.
Prepare these L2 visa interview questions and answers for working husband and wife beforehand for clarity. Always carry relevant proof to support your statement.
Here are some additional tips to help you excel in an L2 visa interview.
Always keep yourself calm and answer with confidence. Checking the sample L2 dependent visa interview questions would work as a stress buster.
Do not forget to check the US consulate website of a state for updates on the L2 visa and its variables. Also, check third party sites for relevant L2 visa questions.