H1B Visa Interview Questions & Answers
Have you applied for an H1B visa recently? Are you worried about the interview?
This interview is the final part of the process before they issue your visa. You need to convince the official of your reliability to get the visa.
Keep reading to know what are the general H1B visa interview questions and the other details.
What Is an H1B Visa?
H1B is a form of immigrant visa which is issued by America. This visa allows American companies to recruit International professionals and students.
H1B visa enables US employers to hire professionals for a specified period. Eligible candidates can work for jobs requiring expertise in mathematics, architecture, engineering, science, PR, advertising, medicine, etc.
The workers in speciality occupations can work in the US for six years, depending on the visa permit. Additionally, they can have permanent residence in the United States of America by applying for a green card.
However, an individual needs to possess at least a bachelor’s degree to be eligible for this visa.
One of the crucial steps of procuring this visa is going through the H1B interview questions. An applicant will receive the visa only if he/she passes the interview.
Eligibility Criteria to Apply for H1B Visa Interview
To obtain the H1-B visa and sit in an interview for the same, you must maintain the following parameters -
- An applicant needs to have at least 12 years of work experience.
- Individuals must have a bachelor’s degree or its equivalent.
- The employer needs to file a labour condition with the Department of Labor that specifies the terms and conditions of the employment contract.
- Immigration Services and United States Citizenship will determine if you are qualified to perform the services.
- You need to provide a valid reason to work and live in the US
Now that you know the eligibility requirements let’s check the commonly asked H1B visa interview questions.
What Are the Common H1B Interview Questions?
Here are some of the questions asked to the applicants based on their application and purpose
General H1B visa interview questions for Indian IT employees, students and full-time employees in other fields-
1. Are you married? If yes, for how long?
Ans: Applicants must mention their marital status, including the period.
2. Does your family stay in the USA?
Ans: Individuals have to inform the authorities about their family members residing in the US, including the name of the city, if any.
3. Are you planning to return to India? Why?
Ans: Applicants should provide substantial information if they plan to return to India with all the necessary information.
4. Did you apply for an immigrant visa for any other nation?
Ans: Individuals must provide authentic details if they procure an immigrant visa for any other country.
5. Why do you wish to visit the United States of America?
Ans: Applicants must give detailed information regarding their purpose of visiting the US, including the name of the organisation.
6. Have you been to the United States of America before?
Ans: Individuals must provide details of their previous trips to America, if any. Also, they have to tell the duration and purpose of their visits.
7. What will be your job profile at the mentioned company?
Ans: The job profile of the mentioned organisation is crucial information applicants must provide.
8. Have you studied in the United States of America?
Ans: Applicants who have studied in the US need to give details of the Universities and the courses.
9. Have you ever travelled outside the country before?
Ans: Individuals who have travelled outside India before must give all the relevant details of their trips.
10. Why do you want to work in the United States of America?
Ans: Applicants need to mandatorily define all the reasons justifying why they want to work in the United States of America.
Applicants need to provide honest answers with valid proof if any. This will authenticate their claims or the purpose of travelling abroad.
H1B Visa Interview Questions for a Full-time Employee
1. Can I see some photographs of your sponsor company?
Ans: Relevant photographs of the organisation must be provided to authenticate your visa application. Also, images of both the exteriors and interiors of the company will be beneficial.
2. Did you pay for all expenses related to your H1B petition?
Ans: The authorities expect a direct answer to this question in yes or no.
3. How did you first know about your employer in America?
Ans: Applicants need to be absolutely honest while answering this question. Besides, they can also provide the job portal details from where they came to know about the employer in America, if any.
4. What is the name of the CEO of your new company?
Ans: Individuals must mention the name of the CEO or President of the organisations.
5. How did you establish contact with your employer in the US?
Ans: Verifiable answers must be provided against this question.
6. Which company do you work for as of now?
Ans: Applicants must give all the details and structure of their company.
7. How long have you been working in this company?
Ans: Individuals must provide the authorities with the tenure of their work in the company.
8. What is the employee strength at your sponsor company?
Ans: One must know the actual employee strength of the organisation to answer accurately.
9. What is the name of the company you will be working at?
Ans: Applicants must provide the name of the organisation to authenticate their claims.
10. How many rounds of interviews did you have to go through before getting the job?
Ans: The authorities must know the number of interview rounds an applicant has appeared in to initiate the process.
11. What is the salary that you will receive from your sponsor company?
Ans: Individuals have to give the actual salary details that they will receive from their sponsor companies.
12. Do you have your project documents?
Ans: Applicants must give necessary details of their project documents to the authorities.
13. Would you mind showing me your I-129 and I-797?
Ans: An individual needs to provide the I-129 and I-797 documents offered by the employer.
14. Can you please show us the Income Tax return documents of your sponsor company?
Ans: Applicants have to present the IT return documents of their sponsor company.
15. Would you please show us your experience letters?
Ans: Individuals have to provide their experience letter to the authorities.
16. Kindly show us your tax-related documents.
Ans: All tax-related documents must be presented before the authorities.
17. Would you mind providing some general information about your employer?
Ans: Applicants must help the authorities with some general information regarding their employers.
18. What are your current responsibilities?
Ans: It is necessary to provide a list of the present responsibilities.
19. What will your duties be in the new company?
Ans: Individuals must state their duties in the new organisation.
20. Where will you be working in America?
Ans: One has to provide the name of the city he will be working in America.
21. Are you aware of the cost of living in that city?
Ans: An applicant needs to have a basic idea about the living expenses in the city.
22. Why are you leaving your current company?
Ans: Applicants must give relevant reasons to justify their resignations from their current company.
H1B Visa Interview Questions for Masters Students
1. Are you studying currently?
Ans: Individuals have to answer in yes or no against this question.
2. Which subject did you major in?
Ans: Applicants must provide details related to the subjects they have majored in.
3. Can I see your degree or educational certificates?
Ans: The authorities ask for a degree or educational certificate to initiate the visa approval process.
4. What is the subject of this research paper?
Ans: this information is crucial to authenticate a claim.
5. Did you undertake any research projects while studying?
Ans: One has to mention the research projects he has undertaken during the course.
6. Do you have a prior job experience and a profile?
Ans: Applicants must give relevant documents stating their previous job experiences and profiles.
7. Have you been a part of any internship before?
Ans: If yes, individuals have to provide a necessary document as evidence of their internships.
8. What are your educational qualifications?
Ans: All documents related to educational qualifications must be submitted to the authorities.
9. Which year did you graduate?
Ans: It is necessary to provide the year an individual has completed his graduation.
Individuals should know that an interviewer can ask additional questions depending on the requirement.
It is beneficial to check sample H1B visa interview questions and answers beforehand.
Who Conducts an H1B Visa Interview?
After you have procured H1B stamping, you can schedule an interview. This interview will be conducted at a US consulate or embassy.
The US Embassy official will ask you to hand in documents. This includes approved Form I-129 and other official papers.
Hence, it is important to keep documents handy for a hassle-free process. It also leaves an impression that the applicant is confident and responsible.
Frequently Asked Questions
Please try one more time!
Important Articles about Visa Processes
Disclaimer - The information mentioned here about the countries, visa fee and others is taken from different sources. Please verify the same before you book your tickets, apply for visa or buy a travel policy.
Get our app
- Third Party Car Insurance
- Comprehensive Car Insurance
- Zero Depreciation Car Insurance
- NCB in Car Insurance
- IDV Calculator for Car
- Bumper to Bumper Car Insurance
- Car Insurance Calculator
- Own Damage Car Insurance
- Comprehensive vs Third Party Insurance
- Compare Car Insurance
- Find Vehicle Registration Details Online
- Third Party Bike Insurance
- Comprehensive Bike Insurance
- Zero Depreciation Bike Insurance
- NCB in Two Wheeler Insurance
- IDV Value Calculator for Bike
- Add-on Cover in Bike Insurance
- Bike Insurance Calculator
- Own Damage Bike Insurance
- Comprehensive vs Third Party Bike Insurance
- Compare Bike Insurance
- Royal Enfield Insurance
- TVS Insurance
- Hero Bike Insurance
- Types of Insurance
- Types of General Insurance
- Types of Motor Insurance
- International Driving License
- Visa on Arrival for Indians
- Visa Free Countries for Indians
- Comprehensive vs Zero Depreciation
- Coronavirus Health Insurance
- Coronavirus Symptoms Checker
- Indian Passport Rank
- Digit Illness Group Insurance
- Hero Splendor Insurance
- Access Insurance
- Scooty Insurance
CIN: U66010PN2016PLC167410, IRDAI Reg. No. 158.
Go Digit General Insurance Limited (formerly known as Oben General Insurance Ltd.) - Registered Office Address - 1 to 6 floors, Ananta One (AR One), Pride Hotel Lane, Narveer Tanaji Wadi, City Survey No.1579, Shivaji Nagar, Pune-411005, Maharashtra | Corporate Office Address - Atlantis, 95, 4th B Cross Road, Koramangala Industrial Layout, 5th Block, Bengaluru-560095, Karnataka