International Travel Insurance
Covering COVID-19 for safe travels!
Terms and conditions
L1 Visa Interview Questions and Answers
The United States issues an L1 visa to professionals employed in a company and is relocating to the American office. Applicants must belong to managerial, executive, or an employee with specialised knowledge.
To get approval for this visa, you need to go through an L1 interview process. Scroll down to find out when you can apply for an L1 visa, interview questions and answers and tips to prepare for this interview.
When Can You Apply for an L1 Visa Interview?
Before moving ahead with L1 interview questions and answers, take a look at the following circumstances on when you can apply for an L1 visa -
- You are working in an organisation in your native country and joining its parent or subsidiary in the United States.
- You are joining a company's headquarter for whom you are currently working.
Moreover, an organisation can transfer a large number of employees under L1 blanket approval. It eliminates the requirement of getting individual approval for an L1 visa. An organisation can qualify for L1 blanket approval under the following circumstances:
- The organisation’s original location is in the United States. The total employee strength is over 1000.
- Annual sales of this organisation must be $25 million.
- It has received L1 visa approval for at least 10 employees in the last 12 months.
Additionally, flexible eligibility criteria and minimal educational qualification compared to other work visas make it an ideal choice.
What Are the L1 Visa Interview Questions and Answers?
The L1 visa interview questions with answers are categorised under 5 heads -
- 7 general L1 visa interview questions
- 6 common L1 interview questions and answers about your current Job
- 6 common L1 interview questions about your work in the United States
- 5 frequently asked L1A visa interview questions
- 3 frequently asked L1B visa interview questions
7 General L1 Visa Interview Questions
1. For which visa are you applying?
Answer that you are applying for an L1 visa.
2. Can you confirm your name and contact details?
Answer this question appropriately.
3. Can you provide your valid passport, visa fee receipt, and forms I-797, I-128 and DS-160?
Carry the documents mentioned above and submit the same when necessary.
4. Have you visited the United States?
Provide a direct answer, that is, either yes or no.
5. If you had visited the United States, then when did you return?
Provide him/her with the actual arrival date, month and year to India from the United States.
6. Have you worked in foreign countries before?
Provide an honest answer to this question.
7. Have you worked in the United States before?
If yes, provide him/her with a document proof as well.
6 Common L1 Visa Interview Questions About Your Current Job
Here, an immigration officer will check your current and past job experience. You may expect questions like:
1. What is your work experience?
Provide a brief detail about your professional experience. Include your past and current job description in your answer.
2. In which organisation are you currently working? For how many years have you been employed by this organisation?
Mention the name of your current employer and the number of years you have been working here.
3. What is your employment type?
4. What are the duties of your present job position?
Provide the details of your daily job roles and responsibilities in the current organisation.
5. Who was your past employer before this current organisation?
Mention the name of the organisation where you worked before. Furnish the details with document proof.
6. What is your annual or monthly salary?
You may need to submit your bank statement as a document to prove the monthly or annual salary you receive at present.
There are few questions collected from 2019 and 2020 mentioned below. These questions still hold relevance and hence require a mention. Take a look -
- How many people are currently working under your supervision?
Mention the number and details of the people who are working under your supervision in your current organisation.
- What type of training did you receive?
Provide an answer according to the training you received.
6 Common L1 Interview Questions About Your Work in the United States
Are you searching for “L1 visa interview questions and answers for the USA?” Here are the questions, along with their answers. Take a look:
1. Can you brief me about your job offer? What type of work does your organisation deal with?
An immigration officer demands an answer that includes details of the new position you have been offered. For the second question, provide details of the organisation's work.
2. What will be your salary in the United States? Will you be paid in dollars or other currency? Will you receive any allowances?
Answer this question with correct details. Mention if you will receive your salary in foreign currency. Also, if you receive any allowances, answer honestly to the immigration officer.
3. Why do you need to transfer to the United States for your current role?
Provide a legitimate reason why you need to relocate to the United States to convince the immigration officer.
4. Whom will you report to in the US? Mention the location
Provide the details of the organisation or people to whom you will report. Also, mention the location by providing exact details of the city or town in the United States.
5. Where will you stay in the United States? How long will you stay?
Mention the city or town of the country where you will live. Also, answer the second question based on the requirement.
6. What is your plan of action if your current employer terminates you from the job?
Provide an appropriate answer. This question demands actionable steps if you become unemployed during your stay in the United States.
Now, two types of L1 visa exist based on the type of work -
- L1A - This visa is issued exclusively to executives and managers.
- L1B - Employees with specialised knowledge get this visa. Applicants with specialised knowledge mean that he/she possesses an advanced understanding over an organisation, its product and other details.
Now, take a look at the questions of L1A and L1B.
5 Frequently Asked L1A Visa Interview Questions
1. Can you dismiss and recruit employees in your upcoming job position?
Provide details about your authority in the company.
2. When did you last terminate an employee from his/her job position?
3. Will you hold any control over the company's budget?
If your answer is yes, provide details about the extent of your control and other crucial information.
4. How many people will directly report to you?
Mention the number and details of the people who will report to you for their work.
5. What will be your daily duties in your new job in the US?
Mention the details about what your job demands and what you are expected to perform.
3 Frequently Asked L1B Visa Interview Questions
1. Can you mention the professional skills required for this US role?
Mention your skill sets to convince the immigration officer on why you fit this job role.
2. What is your working experience in this profession?
Provide an answer with relevant information.
3. Why do you think that a US citizen cannot perform this job?
This is a crucial question. Therefore, provide legitimate reasons to support your answer.
3 L1 Visa Interview Tips to Prepare Yourself
The right preparation can help you to crack the L1 interview. Here are some simple tips you need to consider:
- Focus on Your Action- First, you need to reach the venue at least 15 minutes earlier than the scheduled interview time. Opt for formal clothes. Stay confident while answering the questions. Remember to maintain eye contact with the immigration officer. Listen to questions carefully and respond accordingly and patiently to improve the chances of visa approval. At the end of the interview, express your gratitude by thanking the immigration officer.
- Honest Answers Are Must- Avoid skipping or providing false information to any L1 interview. The immigration officer verifies every answer. Any incorrect information will create a negative impression and eliminate your chances to crack this interview.
- Provide Simple Answers- Most of the questions are related to work. Hence avoid using technical terms and simple language to make it easier for an immigration officer to understand every answer.
Proper preparation and correct knowledge about the L1 interview process can help you land your dream job in the United States. Also, make sure to keep yourself updated with changes in eligibility parameters to avoid last-minute inconvenience.
Frequently Asked Questions
Please try one more time!
Important Articles about Visa Processes
Disclaimer - The information mentioned here about the countries, visa fee and others is taken from different sources. Please verify the same before you book your tickets, apply for visa or buy a travel policy.
Get our app
- Third Party Car Insurance
- Comprehensive Car Insurance
- Zero Depreciation Car Insurance
- NCB in Car Insurance
- IDV Calculator for Car
- Bumper to Bumper Car Insurance
- Car Insurance Calculator
- Own Damage Car Insurance
- Comprehensive vs Third Party Insurance
- Compare Car Insurance
- Find Vehicle Registration Details Online
- Third Party Bike Insurance
- Comprehensive Bike Insurance
- Zero Depreciation Bike Insurance
- NCB in Two Wheeler Insurance
- IDV Value Calculator for Bike
- Add-on Cover in Bike Insurance
- Bike Insurance Calculator
- Own Damage Bike Insurance
- Comprehensive vs Third Party Bike Insurance
- Compare Bike Insurance
- Royal Enfield Insurance
- TVS Insurance
- Hero Bike Insurance
- Types of Insurance
- Types of General Insurance
- Types of Motor Insurance
- International Driving License
- Visa on Arrival for Indians
- Visa Free Countries for Indians
- Comprehensive vs Zero Depreciation
- Coronavirus Health Insurance
- Coronavirus Symptoms Checker
- Indian Passport Rank
- Digit Illness Group Insurance
- Hero Splendor Insurance
- Access Insurance
- Scooty Insurance
CIN: U66010PN2016PLC167410, IRDAI Reg. No. 158.
Go Digit General Insurance Limited (formerly known as Oben General Insurance Ltd.) - Registered Office Address - 1 to 6 floors, Ananta One (AR One), Pride Hotel Lane, Narveer Tanaji Wadi, City Survey No.1579, Shivaji Nagar, Pune-411005, Maharashtra | Corporate Office Address - Atlantis, 95, 4th B Cross Road, Koramangala Industrial Layout, 5th Block, Bengaluru-560095, Karnataka