As individuals are assigned credit scores ranging from 300-900, in India, businesses and companies are assigned a similar rank ranging from 1 to 10. In this case, 1 is the best possible rank, while 10 is the worst possible. However, any rank between 1-4 is considered good.
And the way that individuals may check their credit scores, companies can check their Company Credit Report (CCR). Note that these reports are generally not provided for free, but require a small fee.
Here are the steps to be followed to check a CCR via the CIBIL website:
- Step 1: Visit the website of the credit rating company, such as the CIBILwebsite
- Step 2: Fill out the provided form with the required details, such as legal constitution, registered address and contact details of the company, and the name and details of the applicant requesting the CCR, and any additional information.
- Step 3: Make the required payment using a debit card, credit card, or net banking.
- Step 4: Once this has been completed, you will be assigned a unique Registration ID and Transaction ID which can be used to access and track the next steps.
- Step 5: The next thing you will need to do is to upload your KYC documents.
- Step 6: After this is completed, you receive the CCR and CIBIL Rank to your registered email-id.