According to the Reserve Bank of India, all the credit information companies have to allow users to check credit scores online and provide one free credit report each year. You can check your CRIF credit score online easily with the following steps:
- Step 1: Open the CRIF portal here
- Step 2: Click on the “Get Your Score Now” button
- Step 3: You will be asked to enter your email address to proceed
- Step 4: After entering your email address, you will be directed to a page where you need to fill in your details. These include: your full name, date of birth, mobile number, address, and Aadhaar or PAN number.
- Step 5: Once you review and submit this information, you will be asked one security credit question, which will be based upon your records.
- Step 6: If you answer the security credit question correctly, your CRIF credit report will be available to you for download.
Once you have completed this process, you can check your credit score, which is calculated from the credit report. This can be done as often as you want to.
However, as mentioned above, you can check your credit report for free only once a year. If you want to check it more frequently, you can do so with a payment of ₹399 (including GST) from CRIF Highmark.