A Detailed Bali-Indonesia Visa Guide for Indian Citizens
Traveling is a healing therapy that soothes not only the mind but also the soul. Nature lovers and frequent travelers would love Bali in the Indonesian island for its scenic beauty.
To escape from the work stress and routine life, Bali has become a favorite destination for holidays amongst youngsters. It is the brightest island out of the rest 17000 islands in Indonesia. Due to the tourist rush almost all through the year, you really need to pre-plan the trip.
Fiesta! And that too Bali, will definitely be the most pleasurable plan of kick. Popular for its idyllic beaches, you can explore a lot with various water sports, traditional art galleries, and food. And here is how you can prepare for your trip without a miss.
Do Indians need a Visa for Bali-Indonesia?
No, Indonesia is a Visa free country for Indians so Indian citizens travelling to Bali for less than 30 days do not require a Visa.
If your travel duration is more than 30 days, then you need a Visa. You can select the type of Visa as per your Travel purpose.
Is there a Visa on arrival in Bali for Indian Citizens?
Indonesia is a visa free country so no visa required for Indian citizens travelling for less than 30 days. You just need to get a visa exemption stamp from the Immigration counter. This is available free of cost.
If your travel duration is more than 30 days, you can apply for visa on arrival when you enter Indonesia.
Types of Visa in Indonesia
|Type of Visa|
Number of Days
Less than 30 days
Free visa on arrival valid for 30 days, Not extendable.
Visa on arrival. Charges IDR500,000, Can be extended for 30 days.
Valid for 60 days
Can be extended 3 times for 30 days. Issued by Consulate or Embassy outside Indonesia
|Multiple Entry Visa|
Multiple Entry Visa
Issued by Consulate or Embassy outside Indonesia. Valid for 1 year
Bali-Indonesia Visa fee for Indian Citizens
|Type of Visa|
Number of Days
Free Visa on Arrival
|Tourist (Visa on Arrival)|
● INR 2399 or USD 35 ● For extension of stay, any Indian citizen will have to pay INR 4213 or USD 61.5 at the immigration hall. ● If the extension is applied with the help of an agent, then you need to pay INR.1817 or USD 26.50 as their fees.
● B-211 visa can be bought on arrival. ● Need a personal sponsor which can be a travel agent also. ● Can be extended, but maximum 4 times. ● The cost is INR4216 or USD 61.5 for visa and each extension. ● If the extension is applied with the help of an agent, then you need to pay Rs.1817 or USD 26.50 as their fees.
Any but not more than 30 days
INR 2900 or USD 42.30
Documents required for Bali-Indonesia Visa
(if you are travelling for more than 30 days)
The first and the most important basic document for Bali visa is the passport. Check if your passport is valid for 6 months beyond the date travel.
How to apply for Bali-Indonesia Visa?
Traveling to Bali as a tourist, then your stay will most probably be less than 30 days. If that is the case, then you can get Visa on Arrival. Only things that you will have to produce at the airport will be :
- Passport valid for at least 6 months with two blank visa pages.
- Proof of onward and return flights.
The process to apply for a tourist visa when your stay will be more than 30 days:
- Visit online for the procedure and download the application form.
- Draft a cover letter stating the purpose of the visit.
- Check your passport as it should be valid for 6 month and have 2 empty pages.
- Paste your photographs to the form. The photographs can be just 3 months old.
- Get your confirmed air tickets and enclose it with the application form.
- A fee of 10 or 25USD is to be paid along with the file.
- Show proof of your hotel booking in Bali Indonesia. If you are lucky to have a sponsor in Bali, then produce a letter of the sponsor. The file processing time will take about 3-4 days.
- The applicant should have adequate funds in the bank. It is to prove that your stay will be comfortable when you are in Bali.
- All applicants get a file tracking number which will help you to know the status of your visa.
- After all the processes are complete, you may collect your passport. Get Set Go for happy times.
Bali Indonesia Tourist Visa processing time
A tourist visa will take from 2-15 days for processing needed when the stay is more than 30 days. Bali attract tourists from across the globe. Some countries including India are allowed for the Visa Exemption if the stay is less than 30 days.
Should I buy Travel insurance for Indonesia?
Traveling to Bali soon for fun and enjoyment? If yes, then get yourself some peace of mind with a Travel Insurance Policy before you are set for your journey. It is not mandatory but having one will definitely be a good idea in case you of emergency. Anyone visiting Bali should buy Travel Insurance :