Yes, instead of turning to the digital route to open a PPF account online, you can opt for the same at a post office.
When opening a PPF account in a post office, you can follow these steps:
- Step 1: Visit a post office in your vicinity. It is preferable if you already have a savings account with the post office for a hassle-free PPF account activation.
- Step 2: Fill out an application form. Additionally, it calls for you to furnish self-attested copies of the relevant KYC documents. Also, ensure that you carry original copies of each document for verification purposes.
- Step 3: Now, you are required to deposit an initial amount using a cheque or DD for opening your account. Here, the minimum initial amount to be deposited is Rs.100. Furthermore, the minimum annual contribution for this scheme is Rs.500.
- Step 4: The post office provides you a passbook for your account once it is up and running.
Did you know you can also apply for the same digitally?
Simply use the India Post Payment Bank (IPPB) mobile application. This application simplifies opening a PPF account in the post office online.
After you install this application, follow these steps:
- Step 1: Open the app and add money from your bank account to the IPPB account.
- Step 2: Find the ‘Department of Post (DOP) Services’ section.
- Step 3: Select the type of account as ‘Public Provident Fund.’
- Step 4: Submit your PPF account number as well as your DOP customer ID.
- Step 5: Enter your preferred deposit amount and select the ‘Pay’ option.
After a successful payment transfer, the app notifies you about the same.