Vehicle FC renewal was earlier restricted to the offline process. However, with the advent of the internet, the authorities allow partial completion of the method online. Here is a look at both the online and offline procedures for vehicle fitness certificate renewal.
1. How to Renew Fitness Certificate of Vehicle Online?
If you want to undertake car fitness renewal online, here are the steps to follow –
- Step 1: Visit the official VAHAN portal. Begin the renewal of fitness certificate by clicking on ‘Vehicle Related Services’ under ‘Online Services’.
- Step 2: Next, select your state. Choose ‘Application for Fitness Certificate’ and enter the concerned vehicle’s registration number and chassis number.
- Step 3: Next, enter your registered mobile number and generate OTP. Enter the OTP you receive on your phone. Verify details on the screen to continue car FC renewal.
- Step 4: Click on ‘Payment’ to initiate a car fitness renewal fee transfer online.
After finishing these steps, head to your nearest RTO with the necessary documents to complete the four-wheeler fitness renewal process.
As you can see, it isn’t possible to complete the entire renewal through the VAHAN portal. Submission of documents and the inspection process will take place offline.
Now that you know about the online car FC renewal process, here is an offline alternative.
2. How to Renew Fitness Certificate of Vehicle Offline?
Whether you require a car or two-wheeler fitness certificate renewal, you can still choose the offline routine for application. Here’s how –
- Step 1: Visit your nearest RTO.
- Step 2: Fill an application form for the renewal of a fitness certificate.
- Step 3: Next, proceed with car or bike FC renewal by attaching the necessary documents.
- Step 4: Pay the bike fitness certificate renewal price at the RTO to complete the process.
The authorities will check your documents and assign a date for vehicle inspection. Car and bike owners must reach the allocated inspection centre on time. After a successful inspection, the fitness certificate of that particular vehicle is renewed.
Also, owners must understand that the procedure for renewal remains the same regardless of whether it is a four-wheeler or a two-wheeler. Nevertheless, the car FC renewal price will differ when compared to the two-wheeler fitness certificate renewal charges.