How to Renew Driving License in Odisha?
According to the latest report, renewal of driving licence in Odisha and other services like transfer of ownership and change of address at any Regional Transport Office (RTO) has been simplified by the State Transport Authority.
Applicants can apply to any RTO by logging in to the Parivahan portal. Moreover, they will not be required to appear for any driving test to apply for the renewal of their driving license within one year after or one year before the date of expiry. The detailed process to apply for the renewal of their driving license both online and offline is elaborated below.
Online Renewal of Driving Licence in Odisha
Online application for renewal of driving licence in Odisha is the best possible option for your convenience as it saves most of your time and effort. You can apply practically from anywhere, having an internet connection on your phone or other devices. Below are the steps to follow:
- Step 1: Visit the portal of RTO and choose “Online Services” tab.
- Step 2: Now click on “Driving Licence Related Services” option to redirect to another page. Choose Odisha from the drop-down menu on the next page.
- Step 3: Hover to “Apply for DL Renewal” option, read the instructions, and click on “Continue”. Enter your Driving License Number and Date of Birth and click on “Get Details”.
- Step 4: A new page will appear in which you will find information about your Driving License, viz. your name, validity period and vital data. Furthermore, you must fill the information in all the mandatory boxes, especially the RTO from where you want to renew your Driving Licence and click on “Submit”.
- Step 5: Now, choose “Renewal” option, enter the required information, scan and upload supporting documents and press “Confirm”.
- Step 6: Pay all necessary fees for online renewal of driving licence in Odisha and download the receipt.
Thereafter, the renewed driving licence will be issued and delivered by post after completing the verification process.
Offline Renewal of Driving Licence in Odisha
Individuals can apply to renew their Driving License in person too. However, the offline process makes the renewal slower.
So, applicants are required to take the following steps to apply for driving licence renewal in Odisha:
- Step 1: Visit an RTO under your jurisdiction.
- Step 2: Request for a DL renewal application form or Form 9.
- Step 3: Fill that form carefully by entering the required information and attaching copies of the expired driving license.
- Step 4: Attach all the other necessary documents with the application form.
- Step 5: Pay the driving licence renewal fees at the RTO. The renewed driving licence will be delivered after the form and documents are verified.
Documents Required for Renewal of Driving Licence in Odisha
The following documents are necessary to carry to apply for driving license renewal, both online and offline -
- Address proof and age proof such as Aadhaar Card.
- Form of application for renewal of driving licence in Odisha or form no. 9.
- Self-declaration of physical fitness or form no. 1.
- Medical certificate form or form no. 1A.
- Original driving licence that is expired or about to expire.
- Passport size photocopies.
- Payment receipt of renewal fees.
- Additionally, a declaration of parent or guardian in case of being minor.
Renewal Fees Applicable for Driving Licence in Odisha
Below is a table that gives a brief idea of the fees required to pay for the renewal of your driving licence -
Renewal of driving licence
Renewal fee after grace period
Additional charges if not renewed for a year or more
₹1,000 per year
What Is the Validity for DL Renewals in Odisha?
A commercial driving license is valid for 3 years in Odisha. At the same time, the validity of a Non-transport vehicle is upto 50 years from the renewal date or 20 years from the issue date of a driving license in Odisha.
Steps to Check the Renewal Status of Driving Licence in Odisha
Typically the process of renewal starts immediately after the document verification is completed. However, the exact time limit for processing the certificate is 5 days. To check the driving licence renewal status in Odisha, follow these steps below:
- Step 1: Visit the official website of Parivahan Seva. Click on “Driving License Related Services”.
- Step 2: Select “Apply Online” tab and choose “Application Status” option.
- Step 3: Enter the application number, date of birth and the captcha and cl8ick on “Submit”. The next page will appear with your application status.
The above mentioned steps and points are essential to keep in mind while applying for the renewal of driving licence in Odisha. With these steps followed properly and the required documents provided, your process of renewal of our driving license will be quick and hassle-free.