How to Renew Driving Licence in Goa?
As per the Motor Vehicles Act 1988, it is a mandate for every citizen to possess a driving licence to drive on Indian roads. A DL serves as a ticket to become a certified driver.
Now, what happens when you are in Goa, and this document expires? In that case, you will need to seek renewal of your driving licence in Goa.
To know more about steps to renew driving a licence in Goa, read on further.
Online Renewal of Driving Licence in Goa
Renewing a driving licence in Goa through an online process is relatively easy and curtails the hassle of travelling to an RTO. It is possible to renew DL in Goa from anywhere on mobile phones. Here are the steps through which you can easily complete the renewal of your driving licence in Goa.
- First, visit the official website of RTO and select ‘Online Services’ from the main menu.
- After that, click on ‘Driving Service Related Services’ and choose ‘Goa’ from the drop-down on the next page.
- Then, select the RTO to renew the licence and click on ‘Apply Online’ from the main menu. Now, click on ‘Services on Driving Licence’ from the drop-down menu, read all the instructions related to application submission, and click on ‘Continue’.
- After that, provide all information like date of birth, DL number, category of DL Holder, Apply to State and RTO boxes. Next, click on ‘Proceed’ and confirm all the details mentioned on the next page and hit the ‘Continue’ tab.
- Now, select the ‘Renewal’ tab, provide the required information, and ‘Confirm’. Then, read each of the details carefully and then get a ‘Print’ of the acknowledgement.
- Finally, carry this printed copy of acknowledgement to the nearest RTO on the specified date and submit the same.
After due verification of your application, the renewed DL will get couriered at your address.
Offline Renewal of Driving Licence in Goa
It is possible to renew a driving licence in Goa through an offline process as well. Here’s how -
- Go to your nearest RTO and request for Form 9 or renewal application form.
- After that, fill out the form correctly and submit the same and attached copies of the expired licence, medical certificate and Form 1A (if age is over 40 years), 2 passport-sized photos, age proof and address proof.
- Now, pay the DL renewal fees at the RTO.
After document verification, the renewed licence will get couriered to your address.
List of Documents Required to Renew a Driving Licence in Goa
Following are the documents required to renew a driving licence in Goa.
- Duly filled and signed Form 9
- Copies of original expired DL
- Correctly filled out Form 1A and medical certificate (in case age is over 40 years)
- 2 copies of passport-sized photos
- Age and address proof with self-attestation
- Fees for renewal application
What Is the Fee Structure for Renewal of Driving Licence in Goa?
Here, we have mentioned in detail the fees needed for Goa driving licence renewal.
Renewal of DL after expiry of the grace period
How Long Does It Take to Renew a Driving Licence?
After renewal application, it takes up to 20 days to get the delivery of a renewed licence. The validity of a renewed DL is for 5 years for a non-commercial vehicle and 3 years for a commercial vehicle.
How to Check Status of Goa DL Renewal?
After applying for the renewal of DL, it is possible to check the status of the same online. By following these simple steps:
- First, visit the official website of Parivahan Sewa and then click on ‘Driving Licence Related Services’. After that, choose your residential state and then select ‘Application Status’.
- Now, provide DOB, application number, type the captcha and ‘Submit’.
- You can check the application status alternatively by visiting the Goa Transport Department website. Choose ‘Driving Licence’.
- Then, it will take you to the Parivahan Sewa website. After that, follow the same process as mentioned above.
Keep the above points in mind when opting for renewal of a driving licence in Goa. The above information will help you to renew the same without any hassle.