How to Renew Driving Licence in Delhi?
A driving licence allows you to drive on Indian roads without facing any legal consequences. However, once this licence expires, it is essential to renew it to drive your vehicle legally on the road.
The Delhi government has extended the validity of all expired transport documents, including driving licence, till November 30 2021. It is recommended to renew your driving licence within one month before its expiry.
So, continue reading to find out online and offline procedures of driving licence renewal in Delhi.
How to Renew a Driving Licence in Delhi?
You can renew your driving licence online and offline. Take a look at the following step-wise guide:
What Is the Procedure for Online Renewal of Driving Licence in Delhi?
Follow the steps to apply for driving licence renewal online in Delhi:
- Step 1: Visit the official website of Parivahan Sewa. Select “Online Services” and click on “Driving Licence Related Services”.
- Step 2: Select “Delhi” from the drop-down list.
- Step 3: Select “Driving Licence” in the menu and choose “Services On DL”. Then, click on “Apply for DL Renewal”. At this point, you will be redirected to an instruction page. Read the same and click “Continue”.
- Step 4: Enter the following information:
- Driving licence number
- Your date of birth
- Driving licence holder category
- Chose state and RTO
- Step 5: Select “Proceed” and confirm your driving licence details. Take a printout of the acknowledgement slip and keep it carefully for future reference.
What Is the Procedure for Offline Renewal of Driving Licence in Delhi?
Visit your nearest zonal office in Delhi. Then, ask for form 9 and fill in the necessary details, such as your name, driving licence number etc. Submit this duly signed form along with relevant documents and applicable fees. Further, if you are more than 40 years of age, submit Form 1-A signed by a registered medical practitioner.
How to Schedule an Appointment for a Driving Licence Renewal in Delhi Online?
Scheduling an appointment to renew your driving licence is simple. Follow the simple steps mentioned below:
- Step 1: Visit the official RTO website of Delhi and select “Driving Licence”.
- Step 2: Choose “Online Appointment and Payment for Driving Licence”.
- Step 3: Select “Delhi” from the drop-down list. You will be redirected to the Parivahan Sarathi portal. Now, choose “Slot Booking DL Services” from the drop-down list of the “Appointment” tab.
- Step 4: Enter your application number and date of birth. Type the verification code and click on “Submit”.
What Are the Documents Required for Driving Licence Renewal in Delhi?
Submit the following documents for driving licence renewal in Delhi:
- Form 9
- Form 1-A as medical certificate, if you are aged 40 years or more
- Your original driving licence
- Two copies of your passport-sized photographs
- Self-attested documents such as Aadhar cards for residential and age proof
What Is the Driving Licence Renewal Fees in Delhi?
Pay the following fees for the renewal of a driving licence in Delhi:
Renewal of driving licence + application for smart card
₹200+200 = ₹400
Payment of fine after completion of grace period
₹300+₹1000 (each year/part of the year) + ₹200(for a smart card) = ₹1500
What Are the Steps to Check Driving Licence Renewal Status in Delhi?
Note the following steps mentioned below to check the status of driving licence renewal in Delhi:
- Step 1: Visit Parivahan Sewa portal. Select “Driving Licence Related Services” from the drop-down list under “Online Services”.
- Step 2: Select “Delhi” from the drop-down list. Choose “Application Status”.
- Step 3: Enter your application number and date of birth. Type the captcha and submit.
You can also check the same via the RTO website of Delhi. Visit the RTO website Delhi and select “Online Services For Driving Licence”. You will be redirected to the Parivahan Sarathi portal. Follow the similar procedures discussed above.
How Long Is the Validity of a Driving Licence in Delhi?
The validity of a private licence is 20 years from the date of issuance or till an applicant becomes 50 years old (whichever comes earlier). For commercial vehicles, renew your driving licence after every 3 years.
Guidelines to Follow During Driving Licence Renewal in Delhi
- If you apply for renewal of a driving licence after 5 years from the date of its expiry, then apply for a new driving licence.
- If you apply for the renewal of your driving licence post 30 days from the date of its expiry, pay ₹30 as a penalty.
Remember the guidelines and steps mentioned above while applying for driving licence renewal in Delhi to avoid inconvenience. Also, keep yourself updated with the extended validity of the driving licence to avoid unnecessary legal consequences.