How to Renew Driving Licence in Madhya Pradesh?
According to the Motor Vehicles Act of 1988, you should possess a driving license to be a certified driver on Indian roads. The Madhya Pradesh state transport department is entrusted with the responsibility to provide DLs to citizens of this state. The Madhya Pradesh RTO issues learner’s licenses, driving licenses, international driving licenses, duplicate driving licenses, etc.
However, after this vital document’s validity expires, you need to apply for driving licence renewal in MP.
Looking for the process of driving licence renewal in MP?
If yes, scroll through to know all about MP driving licence renewal online!
How to Apply for Driving Licence Renewal in MP?
If you are from Madhya Pradesh, the renewal of a driving licence in MP is undoubtedly the best option to go for if your driving license validity has expired. There are two routes for approaching this renewal procedure.
Online Renewal of Driving Licence in MP
You can carry out driving license renewal through the online route, from practically anywhere via a mobile device connected to the internet. Given below are the steps to follow for online renewal of driving license in MP -
- Step 1: Visit the RTO website and navigate to “Online Services”. Click on “Driving Licence Related Services” and select “Madhya Pradesh” from the drop-down menu.
- Step 2: Select RTO from where you are willing to renew your DL. Navigate to “Apply Online” and click on “Services on Driving Licence” from the drop-down menu.
- Step 3: After reading all given instructions, input date of birth, RTO, Driving Licence Number, Category of Driving Licence Holder, and Apply to State. Confirm all details given on the next page and select services you are willing to update.
- Step 4: Select the RENEWAL option, input all required information and choose “Confirm”.
- Step 5: Print the acknowledgement and submit it to the RTO on the designated date.
You will receive your renewed DL by post after completing the verification process to renew your driving license online in MP.
Offline Renewal of Driving Licence in MP
Illustrated below are all steps to renew an expired DL through the offline route -
- Step 1: Visit the RTO nearest to your registered address and request Form 9 or a renewal application form.
- Step 2: Along with filling up this form, you need to attach the following -
- Copies of expired driving licence
- Form 1A and a Medical Certificate if the DL holder's age is over 40 years.
- Copies of DL holder’s Address Proof and Age Proof.
- 2 passport-size photographs with the application form.
- Step 3: Pay driving licence renewal fees in MP at the RTO.
You will receive the renewed DL after the documents and forms are verified.
Documents Required for the Driving Licence Renewal Process in MP
Listed below are various documents required for driving licence renewal in Madhya Pradesh -
- Copies of expired original driving licence
- Correctly filled Form 9 signed by the applicant
- 2 passport-sized photographs
- Correctly filled out Form 1A and Medical Certificate (for a driver aged more than 40 years)
- Self-attested copies of a driver’s address and age proof
What Is the Fee Structure for Driving Licence Renewal in MP?
Searching for driving license fees in Madhya Pradesh?
The table given below illustrates the required fee structure for Madhya Pradesh driving license renewal -
Renewal Services in Madhya Pradesh
Renewal of driving licence
Renewal of a driving licence for which application is made after the grace period
Additional fee for delay of every year or part thereof reckoned from the grace period expiration date
How Much Time Does It Take for Driving Licence Renewal in MP?
After application submission, it takes up to 20 days for obtaining the renewed DL. A renewed DL stays valid for 3 years in the case of a transport vehicle and 5 years for a non-transport vehicle.
How to Check Status of Driving Licence Renewal in Madhya Pradesh?
After applying for MP licence renewal, applicants can check their application status via the State Transport official website or the Sarathi website. Listed below are the steps to check the same through both these websites:
State Transport Official Website
For this route, you need to follow the below-mentioned steps after visiting the Madhya Pradesh Transport Department website -
- Step 1: Navigate to “Online Services” and click on “Licence Application and Appointment system”
- Step 2: On the next page, choose “CITIZEN SERVICES – LEARNER LICENCE” and select Track License/ Application Detail
- Step 3: Input Licence number/reference number and Date of Birth. Then click on “Search”.
You will find your application status displayed on the screen.
Sarathi Parivahan Portal
Follow the below-mentioned steps after visiting the Sarathi Parivahan Portal -
- Step 1: Choose your state from the drop-down menu.
- Step 2: On the next page, select “Application Status”.
- Step 3: Input Application Number, Date of Birth and the given captcha. Then click on “Submit”.
The screen will display your driving license application status.
Ensure that you keep in mind the facts mentioned above related to driving licence renewal in MP. Also, take note of the list of documents required for carrying out this procedure.