How to Get a PUC Certificate for your Vehicle?
Under the Central Motor Vehicles Rule 1989, the government of India has mandated the PUC (Pollution Under Control) certificate. Hence, similar to a registration certificate, driving license, and motor insurance policy, this certificate is now mandatory to carry for all Indian drivers. Given the importance of this vital document, it is imperative to be aware of the various details related to it.
Scroll through to know about PUC certificate download and other related aspects!
What Is a PUC (Pollution Under Control) Certificate?
The emitted smoke from vehicles can massively pollute the environment. A PUC (Pollution Under Control) Certificate or a vehicle pollution certificate is a document issued by authorised pollution testing centres. These centres issue this certificate after testing the emissions of a vehicle. They ensure that these emissions are within the government-specified acceptable norms. Here are the contents of a PUC certificate.
PUC Certificate serial number
Details of the vehicle, like registration number
Date of an emission certificate test
Emission test readings
Validity of the vehicle pollution certificate
Different ways to get a PUC Certificate
You will be able to receive a valid PUC certificate online or offline from authorised bodies like government-affiliated PUC centres and RTOs. Discussed below are the steps to get your PUC certificate offline or online.
How to Get a PUC Certificate Offline?
- Step 1: First, you need to take your vehicle to your nearest emission test centre, or licensed auto emission testing centres with a computerised facility. Click on “PUC Certificate”.
- Step 2: Next, you need to get the exhaust pipe checked in order to analyse the emission level.
- Step 3:The operator will generate a PUC certificate considering the emission readings. Pay the fee and then get the PUC certificate.
How to Get a PUC Certificate Online?
- Step 1: Visit www.parivahan.gov.in, the official website of the Ministry of Transport and Highways, Government of India.
- Step 2: Next, navigate to the Parivahan section and enter the last 5 digits of your vehicle’s Chassis number as well as the vehicle registration number.
- Step 3: Select “PUC Details.”
- Step 4: Finally, click on “Print” and get a hard copy of the PUC. You can also download it and print it out later.
How to Check the Online Application Status for PUC Certificate?
Individuals can opt for this method to view reading, validity and check PUC certificate online. Visit the official website of the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways and follow the steps mentioned below -
- Step 1: Click on the ‘PUC certificate’ section.
- Step 2: Provide the last 5 digits of your vehicle's chassis number, captcha code and registration number. Choose ‘Submit’ for viewing the information.
This is for circumstances where an individual has applied for a new PUC centre to get the emission levels tested. They can check their application’s status with this process. All they need to do is visit the official website of the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways and carry out the below-mentioned steps -
- Step 1: Click on ‘Application Status’.
- Step 2: Input your application ID, enter captcha code and submit.
After this final step, you will be able to view the status of your application.
How to Download PUC Certificate Online?
The official website of the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways has made the entire process of PUC certificate download highly efficient and accessible to individuals.
If you are concerned as to how to get a PUC certificate online, follow all steps listed below after visiting the website mentioned above.
- Step 1: Click on 'PUC certificate'.
- Step 2: Input all necessary credentials and submit.
The next page will contain your certificate, and if it is under validity, you can easily go for a PUC certificate download and print it.
A PUC certificate authorises a vehicle’s usage legally on Indian roads. It is necessary as a validation. This certificate confirms the carbon emission percentage, which is a measure of the pollution amount that a vehicle contributes. Keep in mind all facts mentioned above regarding this all-important document. Also, follow the PUC certificate download procedure to keep a physical copy of it with you.