How to Renew Driving Licence in Punjab?
India’s Motor Vehicles Act 1988 states that a driving licence is mandatory to ride legally on Indian roads. You can also use this for claiming insurance for your vehicle.
However, a DL comes with limited validity, and you need to renew the same if it expires. Here, we will share information on the renewal of driving licence in Punjab.
So, if you are a car owner in Punjab and your licence has expired, this article will help you!
Steps for Renewal of Driving Licence in Punjab
Here is a complete guide on how to renew driving licence in Punjab. You can renew the licence both in online and offline mode. Check the steps below.
How to Apply Offline for Renewal of Driving Licence in Punjab?
In case your driving licence in Punjab expires, check the offline process to renew the same.
- First, visit your nearest RTO and collect Form 9 or the licence renewal application form.
- Fill your form correctly as per the details mentioned on the documents.
- Keep the following documents ready with you -
- Copies of original DL
- Form 1A or Form 1
- 2 passport-sized photos
- Age proofs and address id proofs
- Submit all these documents along with Form 9.
- Finally, pay a fee for renewal of driving licence in Punjab. You need to pay ₹ 50 for renewal and ₹ 200 for DL in Form 7 at the RTO.
How to Apply Online for Renewal of Driving Licence in Punjab?
Online method is the quickest procedure for a renewal of driving licence in Punjab from the safety of your home. You can renew your DL from anywhere over the internet. Mentioned below are some of the steps to follow to renew your driving licence online in Punjab.
- Log on to the official RTO website and choose ‘Online Services’ from main menu.
- Now, click on ‘Driving Licence Related Services’. In the next window, choose ‘Punjab’ from the dropdown list for “State”.
- Next, choose ‘DL Renewal’. After that, an instruction page will open along with an option to download Form 1A. Download the form and hit ‘Continue’.
- Now, you will need to fill in DL No. and DOB and click on ‘Proceed’. After that, fill in the ‘Category of the Driving Licence Holder’, ‘State’, ‘RTO or Pin.’
- Now click ‘Proceed’ to ‘Confirm’ your details and select ‘DL Renewal’ to generate acknowledgement. Finally, get a print of the same.
Documents Required for Renewal of Driving Licence in Punjab
Following are the documents required for renewal of driving licence in Punjab as mentioned below -
- Copies of original driving licence
- Application Form, i.e. Form 9
- Form 1A (for Transport Vehicle owners) or Form 1 (for Non-Transport vehicles only)
- Age proofs and address id proofs like – Birth Certificate, PAN Card, Aadhaar Card, Voter ID, etc.
What Is the Renewal Fee for Driving Licence in Punjab?
Mentioned below is the detailed fee structure for DL in Punjab.
Charges for Renewal of Driving Licence in Punjab
Renewal of driving licence
Issuing driving licence for each class of vehicle
Driving licence in Form 7
Fee for issuing a driving licence for any another class of vehicle
How Long Is a Driving Licence Valid in Punjab?
A DL in Punjab is valid for 20 years or until attaining 50 years of age for non-transport vehicles. The licence for a transport vehicle is valid for 3 years from the renewal date.
Steps to Check the Renewal Status of Driving Licence in Punjab
After applying for the DL renewal, you can check the status through the following steps.
- First, visit the official Parivahan Sewa portal. Select ‘Online Services’ from the top menu. After that, choose ‘Driving Licence Related Services’
- A window will open, where it is necessary to choose ‘State’. Select Punjab from the dropdown.
- After that, select ‘Application Status’ from the right end corner of the top menu.
- Finally, fill in ‘Application Number’, ‘DOB’, ‘Captcha’, and ‘Submit’.
What Are the Guidelines to Follow While Renewing Punjab Driving Licence?
- In case your licence expires, a grace period of 30 days is granted.
- Keep all documents handy while renewing.
- Make sure to fill in all details carefully as per your documents.
By now, we have shared all the details about the Punjab DL renewal process. Renewing your DL is extremely important as it further allows you to ride your vehicle on Indian roads after its expiry. So, you can check the above details on the renewal of driving licence in Punjab from here.