Given below is a step-by-step guide on how to update the address on a driving licence online. Firstly, one needs to access the official website of the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways and carry out the following steps:
- Step 1: Choose your state, select “Apply Online” and choose “Services on Driving License” option to change the address on driving license online.
- Step 2: Read all instructions carefully and proceed further.
- Step 3: Fill up details related to state, date of birth, RTO, old driving license number, etc. and proceed to verify your permanent address.
- Step 4: From the list of DL services shown, choose the one to change address on a driving license in India.
- Step 5: Enter the address you want to change in the new DL, input Captcha and submit.
- Step 6: Print the next page that displays your Application Number for future use
- Step 7: Upload all required documents, choose a payment gateway and pay the necessary fees.
After a successful payment process, an acknowledgement message for the same will be displayed. Select “Print Receipt” to generate a payment receipt. Verify all details given on the generated receipt.
Applicants searching “how to change an address on driving licence” or “can I change my driving licence address online” must ensure to take the updated DL through a printout once the application gets approved.
For this, you need to select “Print Driving Licence” on the same portal, input your date of birth, application number, and choose “Submit”.
By now, individuals with the query “can I change my address on my driving licence online” have surely got their answer. Let’s move on to the offline procedure to change an address on a driving licence.