How to Renew Driving License in Gujarat?
According to the Motor Vehicles Act, 1988, individuals who own a vehicle must have a driving license. This document comes with a validity period and can be renewed once it is expired.
Since figures suggest that most households in Gujarat have more than 2 vehicles, vehicle owners in this state must know about the driving license renewal process.
Want to know how the renewal of a driving license in Gujarat works? Continue reading!
Steps for Renewal of Driving License in Gujarat
A driving license is an important document issued by the Government of India. Moreover, driving without a valid license or an expired one is a punishable offence by law. (Motor Vehicles Act 1988, Section 177). Discussed below are the processes for license renewal in Gujarat.
Online Renewal of Driving License in Gujarat
Follow the process mentioned below to renew driving license online in Gujarat:
- Visit the official RTO website. Move to the section of ‘Online Services’ and click on ‘Driving License Related Services’.
- You will be redirected to a new webpage. Select state name, i.e. Gujarat, from the drop-down list. Then, select ‘Services on DL(renewal/Duplicate/AEDL/Others)’.
- A webpage containing instructions will appear on screen. Click on ‘Continue’. Now, enter the relevant details, such as your driving license number, date of birth, etc. and click on ‘Proceed’.
- Again, you will be redirected to a new webpage. Here, confirm all the given details and click on ‘Continue’. Then, select the details that you wish to update and click on ‘Proceed’ option and select ‘Renewal’ option.
- Provide the essential information and click on ‘Confirm’. Lastly, read the provided information carefully and ‘Print’ the acknowledgement.
You have to visit the RTO office or Transport Department office with the necessary documents, fees to complete the application process of online driving license renewal in Gujarat.
Offline Renewal of Driving License in Gujarat
Below are discussed the offline process of driving license renewal in Gujarat.
- Visit the RTO office and acquire Form 9 or driving license renewal form.
- Fill the form with correct information.
- Fill out Form 1A and a Medical Certificate in case your age is 40 years or above.
- Attach all the important details along with your expired driving license.
- Pay the fees and submit the application form along with other documents.
Once all the payments and documents are submitted and verified, a renewed driving license will be issued.
Now that you know how the Gujarat driving license renewal process works, we can move on to discussing the documents required for the same.
Documents Required for Renewal of Driving License in Gujarat
Following is a list of all the important documents required for driving license renewal in Gujarat.
- Expired driving license
- Duly filled application Form no. 9
- Duly filled application Form no. 1A
- Aadhaar card
- Proof of age
- Passport size photos
What Are the Renewal Fees for Driving License in Gujarat?
Have a look at this table to get a clear idea about the driving license renewal fees:
Driving License Renewal in Gujarat
Renewal of driving license
Renewal of driving license (in case the application is made after the grace period)
Additional fee for delay of each year
How Long Is the Validity of a DL Renewal in Gujarat?
In Gujarat, a driving license has the validity of 20 years or until the age of 50, whichever comes earlier. In case of a transport vehicle, the validity remains for 3 years from the date of issue.
How to Check the Status of DL Renewal in Gujarat?
Individuals willing to check their driving license status can do so easily online through the Sarathi website. Follow the steps mentioned below,
- Visit the official website of Parivahan Sewa and move to the section of ‘Online Services’.
- Click on ‘Driving License Related Services’ and select ‘Gujarat’ from the drop-down list.
- You will be directed to a new page. Then, click on ‘Apply Online’ tab and select ‘Application Status’ from the drop-down list.
- On the next page, enter information related to ‘Application number’, ‘Date of Birth’. Enter captcha code. After providing these details, click on ‘Submit’.
You can now view the status of your driving license application status.
Guidelines to Follow During Renewal of a Driving License in Gujarat
The process of driving license renewal in Gujarat is simple and straightforward. However, there are certain guidelines driving license holders must follow before and during the application process. These include,
- Individuals are given a grace period of 30 days to renew their learning license in Gujarat. You can apply for renewal within that period.
- You must submit all the necessary documents as well as recent passport size photos.
Now that vehicle owners know how the renewal of driving license in Gujarat works, they can easily renew their driving license after its expiry and drive legally.