No Parking Fines and Rules in Telangana
Telangana is the 4th largest contributor to India’s economy. It has been recording considerable growth in the number of vehicles over the past years. However, to make roads safer for commuters and ensure smooth traffic flow around the city, Telangana Transport Department introduced a few traffic fines.
In addition, as per news from 2022, Hyderabad police gave a clear-cut signal to those who resort to obstructive parking. Officers decided to keep more towing cranes to keep the roads clear.
Read more below to know about no-parking fine in Telangana and the new rules laid down by the Transport Department of that state.
When Are You Charged With a No-Parking Fine in Telangana?
If you park your vehicle in a manner without adhering to the parking rules as per Telangana Transport guidelines, you will have to pay a hefty fine. However, parking fines in different Indian cities differ.
- As per Motor Vehicles Act, if you park your motor vehicle in a manner that might imply a risk to another vehicle, you will have to pay a no-parking fine. It is for two, three, four and six-wheeler vehicles.
- If you illegally park on public roads on a no-parking board, as per the rules, you must pay a no-parking fine for two, three, four and six-wheeler vehicles.
- In addition, if your vehicle is towed away by the authorities, you are liable to pay the penalty charges.
What Are the Parking Rules and Regulations in Telangana?
Most vehicle owners in India are unaware of the parking rules. Hence they end up violating traffic rules and have to pay hefty bills. According to the Motor Vehicles Act 2019, below is a list of the parking rules in India that one must follow:
- Avoid abandoning or parking your motor vehicle where there is heavy traffic flow. It might cause inconvenience, obstruction, and/or put others at risk.
- Avoid parking in a zone where one does not have a view for at least 50 metres in both directions.
- Do not park in an area that blocks any other vehicle parked there already. In addition, it must not block a sidewalk, a crosswalk, a road entrance, or a pedestrian crossing.
- Ensure you park your motor vehicle according to the road markings. It must also follow the given signs.
- Avoid parking your conveyance near road crossing, in a bend, on top of a hill, or near a bridge. It can lead to mishaps.
- Do not park near any public entrance to a hotel, a public hall or a theatre.
- Before opening the door of your vehicle that is parked, look around properly. As soon as one gets down, close the doors properly.
- Park the conveyance on the leftside, in the direction of the traffic.
- If you park your vehicle and this vehicle blocks traffic lights or a traffic symbol.
- Do not park your vehicle near a traffic signal.
- You must not park your vehicle on a zebra crossing.
- Do not park on any person's private property without the owner's permission.
What Are the Charges for No-Parking Fine in Telangana?
The following no-parking charges in Telangana are applicable when you park in the wrong way or park in a no-parking area:
- The no-parking fine for parking your vehicle in a way that can cause risk to another vehicle leads to a fine of ₹200.
- If you illegally park your vehicle on public roads on a no-parking board you might have to pay a fine of ₹1000.
- Fine for towing your vehicle includes ₹150 for a two-wheeler, ₹200 for a car, auto, rickshaw and jeep, ₹300 for a light motor vehicle, and ₹600 for heavy motor vehicles.
What Are the Payment Options for No-Parking Fine in Telangana?
Vehicle owners have a 60 days window to pay their pending traffic fine to the authorities. To avoid any unwanted repercussions of not paying traffic fine, ensure to pay all your fines within due time.
To pay a no-parking fine in Telangana online, visit the official website of the Telangana State Police e-Challan System. In addition, you can use the available digital wallets and UPI to pay your traffic fine in time.
You can make use of the e-challan portal of Ministry of Road Transport and Highways, Government of India to pay your pending challan.
There are no offline provisions to pay your traffic fines in Telangana. After receiving a challan, you can pay by entering the challan no. at the concerned portals. You could also enter your vehicle number to view all the pending challan for your vehicle and then pay them accordingly.