No Parking Fines and Rules in Gujarat
Situated along the western coast, Gujarat is one of the richest states of India, majorly contributing to the country’s GDP. This city records a rapid growth rate in industrial and agricultural sectors over a decade. However, Gujarat ranks poorly when it comes to road safety.
As per the news, the state authorities reported a rise in the number of cases of road accidents by 20.8% in 2022. Thus, to ensure the safety of citizens, the government introduced some new traffic and parking fines. It ensures if a vehicle is parked in an unauthorised way it attracts a no-parking fine in Gujarat.
When Are You Charged With a No-Parking Fine in Gujarat?
No-parking fine in Gujarat is mostly levied by the Traffic Police Department on the account of parking a vehicle in an unauthorised space. Following are some common cases for which traffic authorities charge such fines:
- Parking a vehicle in a no-parking space
- Parking a vehicle in a wrong way, causing harm or inconvenience to other people and their vehicles
What Are the Parking Rules and Regulations in Gujarat?
The new amendment of the Motor Vehicle Act laid down some no-parking rules to create awareness among citizens against unauthorised parking. All citizens must follow these basic rules so that they can avoid being held liable to pay no-parking fines. Here is a list of no-parking rules in Gujarat as per the 2019 amendment:
- Avoid on-street parking of vehicles on roads or areas which have multi-level parking facilities in their vicinity.
- Do not park a vehicle on a public road in a way to cause a traffic hazard.
- Do not park a vehicle in a parking or no-parking area for a continuous period of 48 hours.
- Make sure not to park a vehicle on a footpath or a cycle track.
- One must not park their vehicle near a bus stop/station.
- Do not park a vehicle in front of any private or public property in a way to block its entry or exit gate.
- Avoid parking a vehicle on any zebra crossing.
- Abandoning a vehicle on a main road for more than two days is strictly prohibited.
- Do not park a vehicle on a road/area which restricts parking.
- One should not park their vehicle on a road which has a high traffic volume.
What Are the Charges for No-Parking Fine in Gujarat?
Given below are some of the no-parking charges in Gujarat levied by the traffic police department upon violating the parking rules.
- A defaulter will be liable to pay a fine of ₹500 on parking a vehicle in a no-parking spot for the first time. Moreover, the traffic authorities of Gujarat will levy a fine of ₹1000 for violating this same rule for a second or subsequent time.
- A fine of ₹500 will apply to offenders as a wrong parking fine in Gujarat if they park a vehicle in the wrong way on a public road for the first time. On second or further violations, offenders will have to pay ₹1000.
What Are the Payment Options for No-Parking Fine in Gujarat?
The traffic authorities grant a 60-day limit to all offenders to pay a fine for no-parking in Gujarat. To avoid unwanted consequences, one must pay his/her applicable fines within a specified limit through an online or offline method.
Driver/riders can either pay their no-parking fines through the official website of Parivahan Sewa or the official web portal of Gujarat Traffic Police. These websites require the vehicle number for processing an online payment of parking fines.
Moreover, one can also make the payment of the no-parking fine by sending the amount to the DCP/Traffic headquarters of Gujarat Traffic Police along with the challan receipt. One can also physically visit the headquartered office and submit their fine.
Consequences for Not Paying No-Parking Fine in Gujarat
A traffic police officer visits the offender’s registered address in case he/she fails to pay their no-parking fine in Gujarat within 60 days. Non-payment of such fines might also result in additional penalties along with the e-challan amount. Besides, the court can also take legal action against an offender in case of late payment.