How to Renew Driving License in Telangana?
As per India’s Motor Vehicles Act, 1988, every citizen who possesses a vehicle must have a driving licence. This document is essential for one to become a certified driver on Indian roads. In addition, it is useful for claiming insurance for one’s vehicle. However, when this document’s validity expires, it calls for a renewal.
Now, do you possess a vehicle and currently residing in Telangana? If yes, then details about Telangana driving license renewal process in this article will surely help you out!
Steps to Renew Driving Licence in Telangana
You will be able to complete your driving licence renewal either via an offline or online process. Check the step-wise guide for both these processes below.
Online Renewal of Driving Licence in Telangana
- First visit the official website of the Government of Telangana’s Transport Department.
- On its homepage, choose the 'Renewal of Licence’ option.
- A new window containing a set of guidelines will appear. You will have to read the guidelines and click on the ‘Continue Slot Booking’ button. Next, there is an undertaking that you must accept by clicking on ‘I Agree.’
- Now, a window will open that will ask you to select the particular type of transaction. You will select ‘Licence Renewal’. Then, click on ‘Go’.
- Fill up all the required details, such as the DL Number, its place of issue, your DOB (DD/MM/YYYY) and contact number. After this, enter an OTP for authentication and Captcha. Next, you need to complete the payment for the renewal of driving licence online in Telangana.
- You must keep the transaction receipt handy. Also, for future communication, keep a note of the confirmation number.
Offline Renewal of Driving Licence in Telangana
To complete driving licence renewal in an offline mode, you will need to visit your nearest RTO. Then, simply follow these below-mentioned steps for offline renewal of driving licence in Telangana:
- Fill your application form correctly and submit it along with all required documents.
- Now, pay the required Telangana DL renewal charges.
- If you expire your licence for more than 1 year, you may have to apply for a driving test again.
After processing fees and documents verification, your renewed licence will get issued on the same day.
Documents Required for Renewal of Driving License in Telangana
Following are the documents required for driving licence renewal in Telangana.
- Application Form 9
Original driving licence that has expired
- Form 1A and Form 1
- Photos (passport sized)
- Valid age and address proof documents (like birth certificate, Aadhaar Card, Voter ID, etc.)
What Is the Renewal Fee of Driving Licence in Telangana?
The driving licence renewal fees in Telangana are given below. These fees are applicable under 32 OF CMV RULES 1989. Take a look:
Type of Renewal
DL renewal for which application is made post grace period
₹ 300 for all Non-Transport DL, ₹ 200 for LMV Transport DL and other LMV Transport DL
Additional fee if the expiry crosses a year
₹ 1,000 per year
What Is the Validity for DL Renewals in Telangana?
A licence to drive a non-commercial vehicle in Telangana is valid for 20 years from the date of issue or until attaining 40 years of age, whichever is earlier. Post that, your licence gets renewed every 5 years. Licence for commercial vehicle is valid for a duration of 3 years from the date of renewal or issue.
How to Check the Renewal Status of DL in Telangana?
After applying for the DL renewal, you can check the status through the following steps.
- First, visit the official website of the Government of Telangana’s Transport Department, as mentioned earlier.
- Then, click on the ‘Online Transactions’ tab on the top menu.
- After that, select ‘Application Status’. A window will appear on your screen asking for ‘Application or Licence Number’.
- Provide these details and submit.
Things to Remember While Applying for Driving License Renewal in Telangana
- In case your DL expires, a 1-month grace period will be granted.
- Fill your application form correctly as per your documents.
- Ensure that you furnish all the documents and necessary information correctly.
So, this article discussed all the details of Telangana driving license renewal. We hope that you can now complete the process without any hassle.