Driving Licence in Jaipur
How to Apply for Driving Licence in Jaipur?
Jaipur, the Pink City of Rajasthan is known for its grandeur and royalty since ages. The antiquated architect of the city still captures the attention of tourists from across the globe. But one of the issues that bothers tourists is the overcrowded roads. Like other cities of India, Jaipur’s roads densely populated with people and vehicles. In the new layout of the city, we see broad roads that connect the old-times city with modern facilities like airports, shopping malls, and others. It keeps the roads flooded with vehicles everywhere.
Considering the rise in the number of vehicles that has reached over 5 million- leading to an increase in road accidents, the state government has made it essential for everyone to carry a driver's licence, without which you can be liable for a heavy fine. Likewise with the violation of other traffic violations.
Almost everyone who drives a vehicle is well aware of this rule. They understand that a driving licence is an important document that authorizes them to drive their respective vehicles. Recently, the penalties of driving a vehicle without a driver's licence and an insurance policy has been revised to a higher scale. So, if you plan to buy a new vehicle and wish to start driving soon, the first thing you should do is get a licence.
Eligibility Criteria to Apply for a Driving Licence in Jaipur
- You must be 18 years or above to apply for a permanent driving licence.
- You should be well versed with the traffic rules and regulations.
- For Learner’s Licence to drive a gearless bike, you should be at least 16 years or above.
Applicants aged at least 16 years can get a driving licence for bikes with an engine capacity not exceeding 50 cc.
You should be well versed with the traffic rules and regulations.
You should be 20 years or above to apply for a commercial vehicle licence.
Applicants should submit the application for a driving licence within 30 days after obtaining a learner’s license in Jaipur.
Types of Driving Licences issued in Jaipur
- Driving Licence issued for gearless vehicles like mopeds, scooters, etc.
- Driving Licence for Light Motor Vehicles such as cars, sedans, hatchbacks, and bikes.
- Driving Licence for motorcycle with gears.
- Driving Licence issued for Transport Vehicles such as busses, lorries, trucks, etc.
- Driving Licence for mid-sized commercial vehicles like mini-bus, cabs, tempos, etc.
Documents Required to Apply for a Driving Licence in Jaipur
To validate the application of a permanent driving licence, you will have to submit these documents in the RTO.
- A valid Learner’s Licence.
- Application Fees of Rs.200/-.
- Form 4 for the driving licence.
- 6 passport size photographs.
- A valid age proof like School Certificate, Birth Certificate, Passport, Aadhar Card, PAN card.
- A valid address proof like ration card, voter's ID, passport, or a 6 months old LIC bond.
Application Procedure for Driving Licence in Jaipur
The application procedure for a Driving Licence in Jaipur is made simple and divided into two stages. In the first stage, you should apply for a Learner’s Licence which is valid for 30 days. And after a month, you can apply for their permanent Driving Licence.
Initially, the only mode of application was offline but lately, the entire process is made online for convenience.
Steps to apply for a Learner's Licence
- You can fill the form online. Visit www.transport.rajasthan.gov.in. Find out the tab to apply for a Learner’s Licence. Download the Form 4 and fill in complete details. Submit the form along with other documents.
- Another method you can choose to apply for the licence is to fill the form by visiting the nearest RTO. Ask for Form 4 and fill it carefully. Deposit the form along with required documents.
- As soon as you submit the application, the RTO official will give you an application number and a time slot to appear for the preliminary test. This test is conducted to evaluate your knowledge of traffic signals and rules.
- If you clear the test, you will have to pay a fee of Rs.200/-. The authority will issue a Learner’s Licence immediately. But if you fail, then you will have to retake the test.
- Post this you should book for a time slot to take the driving test.
Steps for Permanent Driving Licence
- For a permanent driving licence, you will have to visit the RTO on the date on which the test slot is booked. It will be a driving test which will be conducted in the presence of Motor Vehicle Inspector. You will have to take your motor vehicle and learner’s licence for the test.
- If the Motor Vehicle Inspector is satisfied with your performance, you will be sent for the biometrics.
- Pay the fees of Rs.200/- to get a Driving Licence.
- After this, your Driver’s Licence will be issued to you.
Check the Application Status of Driving Licence in Jaipur
To check the status of your Driving Licence, you can visit the Rajasthan Transport Authority website. You can also check the status on www.parivahan.gov. As soon as you land on the page, you can select the state in which you applied for the licence.
Under the tabs of “Apply for Driving Licence”, you can locate the sub-heading of “Status of Application”. Simply enter your application number and Date of birth to check for the status.
Tips to help you to get a Driving Licence
- Practice enough to make the shape of an imaginary ‘8’with the tyres while driving in the test ground in front of the driving instructor.
- Use the side mirrors, rear mirrors and indicators whenever necessary.
- Make sure that you turn off your car or bike only when you want to stop and not randomly. Some prior practice of using the clutch and gear to keep the engine running will do.
- Do not give the test when you are under the influence of alcohol or any drug.
- Know the traffic signals carefully.
- Shift the gears smoothly and make sure the vehicle does not turn off in the middle of the test when you are driving.
How to apply for a Duplicate Driving Licence in Jaipur?
Your Duplicate Driving Licence is not an extra copy provided for your records or use. It is another official documents which holds the same relevance and importance as does the original DL.
A Duplicate Driving Licence is issued when you apply for it after the original DL was lost or stolen. It is a must that after losing the licence, you can file an F.I.R and a complaint to RTO for the same. You should also get an affidavit that states about the loss of DL.
Documents needed for a duplicate licence:
- Application form duly filled and signed.
- A Copy of complaint, F.I.R, and an affidavit.
- 2 passport size photographs.
- Proof of residence.
- The fees receipt of Rs.200/- for a duplicate licence.
- Self Declaration Form 1 A for medical fitness.
Steps to apply for a Duplicate Licence:
- Fill in the application form for the Duplicate Licence at the RTO. You can also apply online through parivahan.gov.in.
- Submit all the documents along with the fees of Rs.200/-
- Wait for the authorities to check the documents. After they verify all the information, the duplicate licence will be issued.
It is important to note that the process to apply for a duplicate licence should be completed within 6 months after you have lost the original DL.
How to apply for the renewal of a Driving Licence in Jaipur?
A driving licence is valid for 20 years or up to 50 years of age whichever is earlier. This implies that if the validity of the driving licence remains but if you turn 51, you need to immediately apply for the renewal. You should plan for the renewal nearly 30 days before the expiry. You cannot miss on the renewal of Driving Licence as it is a must have document every time you get on the road driving your vehicle.
Documents needed for Renewal of the Driving Licence:
- Copy of expired driver's licence.
- Application fees of Rs.200/- and receipt. Rs.300/- will be charged if the renewal is applied after the grace period of 30 days.
- Medical certificate Form1 and Form 1A if you are more than 40 years.
- Application form 9.
- 2 passport size photographs.
- Self-attested copies of age proof and address proof.
- Form 1 and Form 1A, if your age is above 50 years.
Steps to apply for the renewal of the DL:
- To get the licence renewed, you will have to visit the RTO website or log on to www.parivahan.gov.in. Select the tab to request the renewal.
- Apply for the renewal and pay the fees of Rs.200/-.
- Submit the necessary documents enabling the authorities to verify the credentials.
Application Procedure to get International Driving Licence in Jaipur
An International Driving Licence is needed when you wish to drive a motor vehicle on the foreign lands. The validity period of an IDL issued in Jaipur is 1 year.You can apply for an IDL only if you hold a valid Driving Licence. It is because an IDL will always work in conjunction with the original Driving Licence.
Steps to apply for an IDL
- Visit the nearest RTO and submit the required information.
- Provide the documents and wait for the approval.
Documents needed for an IDL
- Filled and signed application form 4A for IDL. The form can be downloaded online through parivahan.gov.in.
- A Copy of Valid Driving Licence.
- Fee Receipt for Rs.1000/-.
- Identity and Residence Proof.
- 5 passport size photographs.
- Medical certificate.
- Air Ticket Preferably.
- Valid Visa and Passport.
RTO Offices where you can apply for a Driving Licence in Jaipur
- New RTO, Jagatpura, Jaipur, Rajasthan 303025
- Regional Transport Office Jhalana Institutional Area, Jhalana Doongri, Jaipur, Rajasthan 302004
- RTO Vidhyadhar Nagar Central Spine Road, Sector 2, Central Spine, Vidhyadhar Nagar, Jaipur, Rajasthan 302023