Driving Licence in Hyderabad
How to Apply for Driving Licence in Hyderabad?
Hyderabad which was once the city of royal Nawabs and Forts is now an open center for the technology industry. It is the capital of Telangana and hence attracts a lot of development. Due to which the city is overcrowded. The number of vehicles has increased in the city but the traffic condition still needs attention. You should drive a vehicle only if you have a valid Driving Licence.
You must be thinking that how important holding a driving licence has become. In reality, driving licence is an official document that authorizes the owner to drive the vehicle on the road. Driving without a licence or with an expired licence can attract legal actions against you. Here we should also know the criteria of getting a driving licence.
Eligibility Criteria to Apply for a Driving Licence in Hyderabad
- If you seek a licence to drive two-wheeler without gears, you should be above 16 years of age.
- If you seek a licence to drive two-wheeler or four-wheeler with gears, you should be above 18 years of age.
- If you seek a licence to drive a commercial or heavy motor vehicle, you should be above 20 years of age.
- You should be well versed with traffic rules and regulations.You should also have valid address proof and age proof documents.
Types of Driving Licences issued in Hyderabad
- Driving Licence for non-gear 2-wheelers: This kind of DL is issued to drive mopeds or two-wheelers that are without gears.
- Driving Licence for 2-wheelers or 4-wheelers with gear(Light Motor Vehicles): This type of DL is issued for cars or bikes.
- Driving Licence for Transport Vehicles: This Driving Licence is issued for the transport vehicles such as cabs, private service vehicle, lorry, truck, or trailer.
Documents Required to Apply for a Driving Licence in Hyderabad
- Driving Licence Application Form-4 available both online and offline.
- 3 passport size photographs.
- Address Proof like ration card, voter’s id, copy of passport, or LIC policy that may be older than 6 months at least.
- Age Proof, like educational certificate, birth certificate, or 10th class mark sheet.
- Copy of valid learner’s licence.
- Copy of PAN card.
- Receipt of the payment fees.
Application Procedure for Driving Licence in Hyderabad
The application for a driving licence can either be placed online or offline. But before you apply for a permanent driving licence, you should possess a learner’s licence. Let us look at the procedures for both separately.
Steps to apply for a Learner's Licence
- If you plan to apply online, visit the Government of Telangana Transport Department official website. Find out the form 1,2, and 3 to apply for DL. Submit the Form carefully to fill in the required details. Make sure you submit the documents along with. The information should be correct.
- For the offline process, you will have to visit the RTO office. Ask for Form 4 and fill it In case, you wish to apply offline, then visit the Road Transport Office and ask for Form 4. Fill in the form carefully, submit it and pay the fees.
- After submission, you will receive an application number. The authorities from RTO will give you a time slot to appear for a preliminary test. It will help them judge your capability to understand traffic rules and regulations.
- If you clear the test, you will immediately get the Learner’s Licence. Post this, you can book a time slot online for the driving test at the RTO office.
Steps for Permanent Driving Licence
- Your learner’s licence is valid for 30 days after which you can appear for the driving test at the RTO office. This test will be conducted in the presence of a Motor Vehicle Inspector. You will have to take your motor vehicle and learner’s licence for the test.
- If the Motor Vehicle Inspector is satisfied with your performance, you will be sent for the biometrics.
- Pay the fees of Rs.200/-.
- After this, you will be issued your permanent Driving Licence.
Check the Application Status of Driving Licence in Hyderabad
To check the status of your Driving Licence, you can visit the Telangana Transport Authority website. Simply enter your application number and Date of birth to check for the status.
Tips to help you to get a Driving Licence
- Believe you will do well and be confident. Don’t spoil things being over-confident while you appear for the driving test.
- Stay away from the influence of alcohol or any drug.
- Know the traffic signals carefully before you start driving.
- Always make use of the side mirrors and indicators.
- Your gears movement should be smooth enough and the vehicle should not turn off in the middle of the test when you are driving. Some prior practice of using the clutch and gear to keep the engine running will do.
- You should be confident enough to drive on the track made in the shape of ‘S’ and ‘H’ with your tyres while driving in the testing ground in front of the driving instructor. Take the right turn when asked but with complete care and only after looking into the rear mirror.
How to apply for a Duplicate Driving Licence in Hyderabad?
Your driving licence is your valid identity proof and without saying it is necessary that you keep it safe. But still if you happen to misplace it or lose it, then you should apply to get a Duplicate Driving Licence.
And even before this, the first thing after your licence gets stolen is to lodge an F.I.R and a complaint to RTO. You should also get it written and get the affidavit as an important document.
Documents needed for a duplicate licence:
- Application form LLD duly filled and signed.
- A Copy of complaint, F.I.R, and an affidavit.
- Form 1 self declaration of medical fitness.
- Proof of residence and age.
- The fees receipt of Rs.200/- for a duplicate licence.
Steps to apply for a Duplicate Licence:
- Fill in the application form for the Duplicate Licence. You can apply online through parivahan.gov.in. The form LLD to apply for a Duplicate Licence can be downloaded from RTO official website.
- Submit all the documents along with the fees.
You will receive the Driving Licence within a few days but only after the verification process is over. The process to apply for a duplicate licence should be completed within 6 months after you have lost the original DL.
How to apply for the renewal of a Driving Licence in Hyderabad?
Prepare for the renewal of your driving licence around 30 days before its expiry. In general, a driving licence is valid for 20 years or up to 50 years of age whichever is earlier. A Driving Licence issued for a commercial vehicle is valid for 3 years.
Documents needed for Renewal of the Driving Licence:
- Copy of expired driver's licence.
- Medical certificate if the driver is more than 40 years.
- Application form 9.
- 2 passport size photographs.
- Self-attested copies of age proof and address proof.
- Application fees of Rs.200/- and receipt.
- Form 1 and Form 1A, if your age is above 50 years.
Steps to apply for the renewal of the DL:
- To get the licence renewed, you will have to visit the RTO website. Select the tab to request the renewal.
- Apply for the renewal and pay the fees of Rs.200/-.
- Submit the necessary documents so that the authority can process your request faster. These documents required will be the same as were needed for the new licence along with the copy of the expired licence.
Application Procedure to get International Driving Licence in Hyderabad
Your local Driving Licence is not valid across the globe hence you need to obtain an IDL for use abroad. You can visit the nearest RTO and submit the required information. The RTO will ask for some documents as mentioned but IDL will always work in conjunction with the original Driving Licence.
- Abide by traffic rules.
- Wear seat belts.
- Do not rush or break the signals.
- Avoid drinking and driving.
RTO Offices where you can apply for a Driving Licence in Hyderabad
If you live in Telangana can visit any of the following offices to get the DL:
- Attapur RTO Office, House No. 2-4-21/182/1, NearPillar No. 175 & 176, Rajendra Nagar Court Road, Attapur, Hyderabad, Telangana 500030
- RTA Medchal, Medchal Rd, Phase 1, Dandamudi Enclave, Jeedimetla, Hyderabad, Telangana 500055
- Regional Transport Office, 99, Moosarambagh Rd, MalakpetExtension, Old Malakpet, Hyderabad, Telangana 500036
- RTO Office Ibrahimpatnam, State Highway 19, Near Nehru ORR, Manneguda, Telangana 501510