There can be several instances where individuals may face issues during or after the process of PAN-Aadhaar linking. Any individual’s first instinct under such circumstances would be undoing the whole process. Well, the good news is the authorities have certain provisions for that.
You can notify the Income Tax Department of your grievances through any of the following channels.
Thereafter, any of the following desk officers will handle and resolve your issues.
- Pr. CCIT office
- Chairman’s office
- Prime Minister’s office
- Service providers
To ensure a successful PAN-Aadhaar delinking, you have to possess one of these admissible issues.
- A single PAN is accidentally issued to more than one individual, and Aadhaar of one applicant has been linked with another applicant’s PAN.
- A single individual owns multiple PAN cards, and Aadhaar is linked to a non-operational one.
- The PAN of one individual is linked with Aadhaar of another individual due to reasons including but not limited to:
- Technical error.
- PAN of a minor is linked to Aadhaar of his/her guardian.
- Aadhaar is linked with a previous PAN card due to matching information, despite a new PAN card being issued.
- Aadhaar is linked with a PAN card marked fake.
In addition to a grievance letter listing such issues, you will need to submit the required documents and follow the protocol mandated by RCC to complete the process of delinking your PAN and Aadhaar.
There you go with a complete guide on the mandate to link Aadhaar card to PAN card. Remember, by abiding by these discussed guidelines, you can aid the country’s economy to move forward towards a more efficient tax-collecting regime and enhance your credit of being a responsible taxpayer and citizen.