Check Aadhaar Card Status: Process Explained
The importance of Aadhaar is a well-established fact. However, if you wish to undergo an Aadhaar update status check, you will find this guide to be informative.
We have compiled all the relevant information regarding Aadhaar card status checking online and via other modes in this piece.
Let’s check out the details!
How to check the Aadhaar card status?
After enrolling for a new Aadhaar card, you can check your status from the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) website. Furthermore, there are several ways in which you can check the status online. Here is a detailed description of how to check the status of an Aadhaar card.
How to check the Aadhaar card status online?
You can check your Aadhaar status online in the following ways:
- With enrollment number.
- Without enrollment number.
- Using a mobile number.
- Through India Post.
To simplify these techniques, we have explained each of them in a step-by-step manner in the following section.
Process of checking Aadhaar card status with enrollment number
After successful registration from Aadhaar Seva Kendra, you will receive an acknowledgement slip containing a 14-digit enrollment ID. You can use this ID for an Aadhaar update status check. Take a look at the steps to follow:
- Visit the official website of UIDAI.
- Enter the enrollment ID and date of enrollment in the required field.
- You need to enter the “Captcha Code” visible on the screen for verification.
- Choose the “Check Status” option.
- By clicking on the “Download Aadhaar” option, you can download the e-Aadhaar.
- Alternatively, you can select the “Get Aadhaar on Mobile” option and get the status update on your registered phone number.
Therefore, following these steps are a convenient way to check your Aadhaar status by enrollment number.
Checking Aadhaar card status if you do not have an enrollment number
In case you find the Aadhaar status check by enrollment number procedure difficult or have misplaced your enrollment ID, you can check Aadhaar card status without enrollment number by following these steps:
- You need to visit the official website of the Unique Identification Authority of India and choose the “Retrieve lost EID/UID” option.
- Fill up essential retrieving details like your name, mail ID, phone number, and security code. You will receive an OTP on your registered mobile number.
- Upon receiving the OTP, you need to enter the same for verification.
- After successful verification, you will receive the enrollment number or Aadhaar on your mobile or email.
- You can use this enrollment ID to check your Aadhaar status. The procedure of how to check Aadhaar status with enrollment number is mentioned above.
How to check the Aadhaar card link with the bank through mobile?
Checking Aadhaar status through mobile number takes only a few minutes if you know the effective procedure. Here are the few steps you can follow:
- Type in the following message “UID STATUS <14-digit enrollment number>” and forward it to 51969.
- After a few minutes, you will receive an SMS mentioning the current status of your Aadhaar.
- If your Aadhaar is already generated, the SMS will contain your Aadhaar number.
How to check the Aadhaar update status through India Post?
After generating your Aadhaar card, it is sent to your address by UIDAI through the post within 60-90 days. You can check the delivery status in the following manner:
- Visit the India Post official website.
- You will get consignment details from the Aadhaar website, which you need to submit in this website’s relevant fields.
- Upon entering these details, you can view the Aadhaar consignment details on your screen.
Therefore, the Aadhaar update status check through various modes is convenient and hassle-free if one knows the correct procedure to follow.
How to initiate Aadhaar card mobile number verification?
Before one can check the Aadhaar status through a mobile number, it is vital to verify the Aadhaar mobile number online. Let’s look at the steps to do so.
- As a first step, you need to visit the official website of UIDAI.
- Enter your 12-digit Aadhaar number and mobile number or email in the respective fields.
- You will see a security code flashing on your screen. Enter it and select the “Send OTP” option.
- Instantaneously, you will receive the verification code.
- Upon entering the code, you need to click on the “Verify” option to complete the Aadhaar card mobile number verification online.
After Aadhaar verification with a mobile number, one can dial the toll-free number 1800-300-1947 and provide the enrollment ID to know about Aadhaar status.
If your mobile number is not linked to your Aadhaar card, you need to visit the nearest Permanent Aadhaar Centre.
Aadhaar update status checks by URN
Once you have updated your address online during the enrollment procedure, you will receive a 14-digit Update Request Number via SMS, which can be later used to track your Aadhaar status online.
Here are a few simple steps to follow.
- Land on the official website of UIDAI.
- You need to enter your URN and Aadhaar number.
- For verification, you have to enter the captcha code.
- Now you will see an option asking you to click on “Check Status”. Click on it to proceed.
- After this, your Aadhaar status will be on the display screen.
Therefore, it is recommended to refer to this guide for an Aadhaar update status check.