You can complete the verification process for Aadhaar e-KYC online or offline, both of which are paperless means to get the work done.
Online procedure for Aadhaar e-KYC
If you are wondering how to verify KYC online, there are a couple of methods to do that.
1). Via biometrics authentication
Customers need to go through the following procedure when opting for Aadhaar e-KYC verification via biometrics.
- Step 1: Provide your Aadhaar card to your service provider. They will note your Aadhaar number or Unique Identification number (UID).
- Step 2: Next, they will use a biometric scanner to capture and read your fingerprint or retinal image.
- Step 3: This value is then communicated to the UIDAI, which matches this input value with the already existing value present against your Aadhaar in its database.
- Step 4: Your identity will be successfully established once both the values match.
Once this verification procedure is completed, the UIDAI will give the service provider access to all your details like date of birth, address, photograph, etc.
The UIDAI also lets the agent keep a soft copy of such details in their servers, thus, allowing them to access such data as and when required.
That concludes how to do KYC online!
2). Via mobile OTP authentication
You can also opt for the OTP-based authentication method, which can be carried out in the following manner.
- Step 1: Produce your Aadhaar card before the service provider.
- Step 2: UIDAI will send an OTP on your registered mobile number.
- Step 3: Now, enter this OTP in the device provided by your service provider.
After this, the UIDAI will provide your details to the agent that is similar to the biometric authentication procedure.
Offline procedure for Aadhaar e-KYC
If none of the online methods is feasible, service providers can use your Aadhaar for offline KYC verification via any of the following methods.
1) By scanning QR code:
Service providers can use a mobile scanner to scan the QR code present on the Aadhaar card to extract all demographic information and complete the offline UIDAI KYC verification. Extracting information via this method does not require agents to access the UIDAI’s database.
2) Paperless method of offline e-KYC :
You can also opt for the following method to get your Aadhaar e-KYC done offline.
Step 1: Go to the official portal of the UIDAI.