A Detailed Guide about Philippines Tourist Visa for Indian Passport Holders
Considering to spend your next holiday in the serenity of archipelagic Philippines?
To do so, you must also be wondering if you require to get yourself a tourist visa? Well, the answer is not quite simple. Under normal circumstances, any Indian entering the country must apply for a Philippines tourist visa for Indians.
Interestingly, there are a few circumstances which allow Indians to stay in the country without any visa for a few days. Anyone considering to go on vacation to the Philippines or cruising off the shore on the azure tranquillity of the Pacific Ocean should know the details of Philippines visa process for Indian citizens.
Do Indians Require Tourist Visa to Enter Philippines?
Yes, Indian citizens entering Philippines for tourism purposes must apply for a tourist visa. These visas are valid for a 14 day entry to Philippines. This stay can be further extended for a period of 7 days. In case you want to visit the country for a time period which extends beyond 21 days, you must mention that at the time of visa application and accordingly avail an extension.
A few visa categories are available for a period of time extending up to 3 months or 6 months, though tourists must provide flight and accommodation details to avail such visa for tourism purposes.
In case you intend to tour the country for a time period longer than 14 days, you must apply for your visa accordingly. It is mandatory to apply for Philippines visa for Indians in their embassy at New Delhi or elsewhere, even for tourism purposes.
As a tourist to the country, you must have the following with you along with the visa:
- Valid ticket for the return journey or that of next destination.
- Valid passport for 6 months after the period of staying in the Philippines.
Is Visa on Arrival/E-Visa Available in Philippines for Indians?
Currently, the Philippines do not offer the option of visa on arrival for Indian nationals. As a result, you must apply for a visa before travelling to the country.
With no availability of Philippines visa on arrival for Indian citizens, it is advisable to apply for a visa as soon as you can. Generally, it takes 2-10 days to process an application. However, this might extend to a longer time period, depending on the embassy.
Visa rules for NRI Indians visiting Philippines
NRIs with residence proof or work permit of any of the following countries can enter the Philippines for 14 days of stay without any visa-
- Schengen, or
This stay can be extended for 7 more days under specific circumstances and under the discretion of the customs department of Philippines.
When Can Visa Be Denied to Indians?
Important to note, in case any Indian has a maligned past record with the Philippine Bureau of Immigration, he/she might be denied entry. Additionally, it is also vital to understand that this tourism visa is available for a maximum of 21 days beyond which it cannot be converted to any other type of visa.
What are the Philippines Visa Fees for Indian Citizens?
There are quite a few types of Philippines visa for Indian passport holders depending on the duration for which it is being applied. While it is unlikely that an individual would avail any of the long-time options as a tourist; the options and their fees are mentioned in the table below:
Type of Visa
Fee in INR
Single entry for 3 months
Multiple entry for 6 Months
Multiple entry for 1 year
Long duration stay
Documents Required by Indians for Philippines Tourist Visa Application
The different documents which are necessary to fulfil the Philippines tourist visa requirements for Indian citizens are listed below-
- Indian passport which must be valid for at least 6 months.
- Your past passports and visas.
- Visa application form which must be duly filled in.
- 2 passport-sized coloured photographs.
- Letter from the applicant describing the purpose of his/her visit.
- Credit card or bank account details showing a minimum of USD500.
- Bank statement of 6 last months prior to the application.
- Your salary slips of last 3 months prior to application.
- For self-employed individuals, the partnership deed or company registration documents must be presented.
- Your hotel booking and flight ticket details.
- Income Tax Returns of the previous 3 years.
- Leave letters from an employer or institution where you are working or studying.
- Affidavit of consent or sponsorship letter from the Philippines.
Among Philippines visa requirements for minors with Indian passport, further documents regarding leave and other necessities from school or college are necessary as well.
How to Apply for Philippines Visa from India?
After arranging the document and Philippines tourist visa fees for Indian citizens, you can easily apply for it yourself or employ a broker or travel agent. If you are applying for it yourself, you must visit the Philippines embassy in New Delhi, Kolkata, Mumbai, or Chennai.
- Download and fill-in the application form.
- Arrange all documents and keep in mind to provide recent photographs.
- Submit all documents at the embassy.
You might have to visit and check the completion of your application process, though typically the approval is notified by email.
Philippines Embassy in India - Address: 50-N, Nyaya Marg, Chanakyapuri, New Delhi - 110021 | Phone number: 011-2688 9091
Apply through an Agent
In case you do not want to go through the hassle of applying for your Philippines visa for Indian citizens yourself, you can avail the services of a travel agent or a broker.
Generally, they collect the documents and your personal information to apply for the visa. Availing the service of a broker or a travel agent will also require additional charges.
With the option for Philippines visa on arrival for Indian passport holders not being available as of yet, you should apply for the visa approval well ahead of the vacation.
While it generally takes 2-10 days to process, it can be extended too. In case there are pending documents, they must be submitted within 5 days of the application.
Should I Buy Travel Insurance for Philippines?
International Travel insurance is not mandatory for Philippines. However, availing travel insurance while beginning the visa process for the Philippines from India can ensure it is effectively ready during your trip with the following basic benefits.
- Medical emergencies can come up anytime, even due to a small slip while walkling on a rocky cliff. In case any such medical emergency arises, insurance offers medical cover and evacuation.
- Adventure sports are a must-to-do activity in Philippines and despite being safely controlled, they can suddenly turn rogue. Consequently, any emergency due to a single day adventure sports is also covered by insurance providers.
- You might be in an accident during a road trip where you end up injuring another individual or damaging his/her property. Under such circumstances the travel insurance covers the third party liabilities including any damage to the rental car.
But Why choose Digit?
There are quite a few reasons which make Digit a prime choice as a Philippines travel insurance provider.
- High Cover Amount at low premium - With premiums beginning at an economical Rs.211 (excl. 18% GST) per day for 1 adult, Digit offers a high sum insured of $50,000 under its Philippines travel insurance.
- Flight Delay Compensation - Digit takes wastage of time and the ensuing harassment due to flight delay very seriously, offering reimbursement immediately.
- Trip Cancellation - If any emergency circumstance necessitates you to cancel your trip and get back home, Digit also offers compensation for it.
- Fast Paperless Claim - Digit offers a smartphone-enabled process which makes the whole method of filing a claim easy and fast. Additionally, Digit also offers the option for 24x7 missed call facility for claim settlement.
- Zero Deductible Policy - Digit also offers its customers zero-deductible policy.
Unlike Philippines visa for Indians which is compulsory, these are not a necessity. Nevertheless, having them in place can make the journey safer.