How to Apply for PVC Aadhaar Card Online?
Aadhaar is one of the most vital documents for Indian citizens as an identity proof. It comes with a unique Aadhaar number and the user’s demographic information.
UIDAI provides Aadhaar printed on a PVC card for more convenience. The eligibility criteria and processes to order a PVC Aadhaar card are discussed further.
Who Can Get a PVC Aadhaar Card?
Any Indian resident with a previously existing Aadhaar number can issue or order a PVC Aadhaar card.
You can order it with or without a linked phone number with your Aadhaar. However, you can only do that online on the UIDAI portal.
How to Request for a PVC Aadhaar Card Online?
Below are the simple steps to order a PVC Aadhaar card online:
- Step 1: Visit the UIDAI portal, select “my Aadhaar”, and click on “Get Aadhaar” from there.
- Step 2: Next, choose “Download Aadhaar PVC”. A new page will appear on your screen where you need to select “Download Aadhaar PVC” once more.
- Step 3: Enter your Aadhaar number and security code carefully. If you have not linked your phone number with your Aadhaar, check the “My mobile number is not registered” statement.
- Step 4: A new section to enter your phone number will appear. Enter your mobile number there and click on “Send OTP”.
- Step 5: A preview of your Aadhaar will appear on your screen after entering the OTP. Verify your demographic details and click on “Make Payment”.
Note: This preview will not be visible if your phone number is not registered with your Aadhaar.
- Step 6: Choose a convenient payment method to apply for a PVC Aadhaar card online. You can download the payment receipt as proof of your application.
What Are the Fees for Ordering a PVC Aadhaar Card?
You need to pay a nominal charge of ₹ 50 to order a PVC Aadhaar card on the UIDAI portal.
What Are the Things to Know Before Ordering a PVC Aadhaar Card?
Below are some crucial things to know before you request for a PVC Aadhaar card:
- You must have any of these below numbers to apply for the document:
- Aadhaar number
- Virtual ID
- Enrolment ID
- You will not be able to place your order without making the payment.
- UIDAI speed posts your PVC Aadhaar after 5 working days of your order to the DoP. DoP, then, delivers your card following the delivery norm. Therefore, you must wait for at least 7 days to expect the delivery at your door after applying.
Getting your PVC Aadhaar has become relatively easy as you can order a PVC Aadhaar card on UIDAI website. UIDAI sends your card to your residing address within the promised timeline.