How to Link Aadhaar Card to Bank Account?
Aadhaar has become the single most important identification document in India. Thus, the importance of linking the Aadhaar card to the bank account cannot be overstated.
The following section will show you the easy ways to link your Aadhaar card to your bank account.
Let’s get started!
The procedure of linking an Aadhaar card with a Bank Account
If you are wondering how to link an Aadhaar card with a bank account, you can follow various models at your convenience. We will be explaining all the modes in the following sections.
Link Aadhaar card with bank accounts through internet banking
Now you can link your Aadhaar card to your bank account online by following a few simple steps. They are as follows:
- Log in to your bank by entering your customer ID and password through the net banking facility.
- You will get a “My Account” section from where you need to click on the “Update Aadhaar with Bank accounts (CIF)” sub-section.
- Now you need to enter your profile password for Aadhaar registration.
- After this, you will land on a page where you have to submit your Aadhaar number twice.
- Finally, you can submit all the essential details, and a message showing the successful initiation of your Aadhaar will appear on the screen.
Link Aadhaar card with bank accounts through SMS
If you are wondering how to link Aadhaar to a bank account through SMS, we present a simplified format in the below section for your better understanding.
- You need to type a message in the following format: UID<space>Aadhaar number<space>Account number to your bank’s customer care number.
- Instantly you will receive a text saying that your seeding request has been accepted.
- In the meantime, the bank will verify details with UIDAI (Unique Identification Authority of India).
- If your verification is unsuccessful by any chance, you will receive a notification stating that you need to visit your nearest bank branch with the original Aadhaar.
Link Aadhaar card with your bank account through the mobile application
Many banks will allow you to link Aadhaar to your bank account via the application. Take a look at the following steps to simplify the linking procedure.
- Firstly, you need to download the mobile banking application from Google Play Store or App Store.
- After opening the app, you need to provide your bank credentials: the username and password.
- You will have to click on “Service Requests.”
- Click on “Link Aadhaar.”
- You need to select the bank account, which you want to link with Aadhaar.
- Submit your Aadhaar number in this step
- Accept any terms or conditions, and click on “Confirm”.
Link Aadhaar card with bank accounts through bank branch
If the above procedures do not work, you can always link your Aadhaar card to your bank account offline by visiting your bank branch.
- After visiting your bank branch, you need to fill out an application form concerning ‘Aadhaar linking.’
- Enter the bank account details and your Aadhaar number without any mistake.
- You should carry a self-attested copy of your original Aadhaar for submission.
- After you submit the form, you will receive updates within 24 hours of verification in the form of SMS on your registered phone number.
After following these easy steps to link your Aadhaar card to your bank account, you can check your link status in a few clicks.
Steps to check Aadhaar bank link status
- Open the official website of UIDAI.
- Choose the “Check Aadhaar and Bank Account Linking Status” option from the website.
- You will land on a page where you need to submit the UID number and a security code.
- Select “send OTP.” An OTP will be sent to your mobile number linked with the Aadhaar.
- After logging in with your OTP, you will be redirected to a page where it will be mentioned that your Aadhaar mapping is done, which signifies your Aadhaar card link to bank account status.
Therefore, in this way, you can check the Aadhaar linking status with the bank without any confusion.
Furthermore, it is recommended to link your Aadhaar card to your bank account to enjoy the following perks.
Benefits of linking Aadhaar card to a bank account
Aadhaar is a vital KYC document to open any bank account.
You are eligible to receive credit subsidies from the government.
Also, the government is offering credits on welfare funds, MNREGA wages, pensions, etc.
As per UIDAI’s data, 96 out of 110 crore bank accounts have been linked to the Aadhaar card. Furthermore, in the recent annual meeting of the Indian Banks’ Association, the FM declared the last date of linking bank accounts with the Aadhaar card as 31st March 2021. (1).
After you link your Aadhaar card to your bank account, it is vital to note the procedure of updating your Aadhaar number through phone banking.
The procedure of updating Aadhaar number through phone banking
- Check with your bank whether it allows phone banking.
- You will need to dial the number associated with phone banking and choose the Aadhaar-bank account link option.
- Now you will be asked to submit your Aadhaar number from your phone’s dial pad. After following the instructions, you will be able to update your Aadhaar number.
Therefore, without any delay, it is advisable to link your Aadhaar card to your bank account today so that you do not miss out on the benefits offered in the process.