21 Best Small Business Ideas in Jaipur
Jaipur, a UNESCO world heritage site and the capital of Rajasthan, attracts a lot of tourists throughout the year. In addition, being a hub of the automotive industry, it adds greatly to the economy of the state. So, one can say it holds great potential for small businesses.
If you are planning to start a small business in Jaipur, it will be helpful to get a comprehensive idea about the businesses and their potential. This article presents the 21 most effective small business ideas in Jaipur that are currently in demand and require less investment.
List of 21 Best Business Ideas in Jaipur With Low Investment
1. Online Store
It is surprisingly one of the most lucrative small business ideas in Jaipur that only requires a few minutes to set up. It is not even that expensive to open either. Overall, with growing sales in the online market and the availability of help offered from multiple platforms, it has become very easy to start building your business. Moreover, since the online purchase of people has increased, it records huge demand.
- Investment - ₹30000 to ₹35000
- Resources - Mobile-friendly website, upgraded shopping cart, content management system, flexible return policy, social media integration, highly customisable themes, user-generated reviews and product comparison, email marketing tools, etc.
- Market Demand - The value of the global e-commerce market size is ₹130798400 crore (approx.) in 2022. By 2028, researchers expect it to grow with a staggering 27.38% CAGR and reach ₹572243000 crores (approx.).
- Profit Margin – Online stores can expect a 10% average net profit and a 41.54% average gross profit on total revenue.
2. Dropshipping Business
Dropshipping is an order fulfilment option that has a lot of appeals for entrepreneurs who seek low overhead costs and efficiency. Dropshipping allows e-commerce businesses to outsource the process of storing, procuring, and shipping products to a third party.
- Investment – Starts from ₹8200 approx.
- Resources – A website that ensures user satisfaction, several payment options, categories of products, product pages, contact forms, a mobile-friendly storefront, etc.
- Market Demand – In 2021, the size of the global dropshipping market was ₹1267706 crore (approx.). Market experts believe it to grow with a CAGR of 27.1% and reach ₹13658512 crores (approx.) by 2031.
- Profit Margin – Around 15% to 20% on total revenue.
3. Hostels and Homestay
Among backpackers and long-term tourists, hostels and homestays are preferable to conventional hotels. However, this is not only due to the fact that these small accommodations are cheaper but it is due to their close relation to the culture of the place. The primary investment being lower than a hotel, it is a lucrative low-investment business in Jaipur.
- Investment - ₹50000 to ₹20 lakhs
- Resources - Rudimentary amenities, furniture, grocery and other utilities, staff for managing the guest house, electricity, etc.
- Market Demand - The value of the global small accommodation market was ₹1038212 crore (approx.) in 2021. Till 2030, experts estimate it to grow at an astounding CAGR of 16.5%.
- Profit Margin - 40% EBITDA Margin.
4. Art & Painting Business
Among art aficionados and foreign tourists, there is a significant demand for new art and painting of excellent, grounded quality. However, to be successful in this venture, you have to be comparatively more patient and study the market for improvement. With a positively shocking increase in turnover of the Indian art auction market, it is one of the best small business ideas in Jaipur.
- Investment – Around ₹12 lakhs to ₹40 lakhs
- Resources – Appropriate selection of niche, deep market research, agent or connections with art shows, business registration, raw materials, official website, prints, etc.
- Market Demand – In 2021, the global art market size was ₹2249967 crore (approx.). Researchers expect it to grow with a CAGR of 15% till 2026 and reach ₹6504451 crore (approx.).
- Profit Margin – Minimum 25% on each painting.
5. Thrift Store
With the rise of thrift culture in India, opening up a thrift store is becoming a more viable option for making significant money for entrepreneurs. Consumers love the idea of making sustainable choices and you can help them further by building this business. However, you need to have a knack for organising unique products.
- Investment – ₹40000 to ₹2.45 lakhs
- Resources – Proper branding, saleable items, computers, sales software, studio setup, storage and shipping containers, etc.
- Market Demand – According to market research, the global second-hand apparel market has a value of ₹582584 crore (approx.). Experts estimate that with a CAGR of 14.8%, the market will reach ₹2312737 crore (approx.) by 2032.
- Profit Margin - 50-60% profit per cloth after shipping.
6. Travel Agency
For vacations, the use of automated booking systems has become quite common nowadays. However, due to their un-personalised service, there is a significant demand for travel agency services. It becomes necessary when a tour demands more thoughtful planning and specific travel-related expertise. Since the city is known for tourist spots, opening a travel agency can be one of the most lucrative small business ideas in Jaipur.
- Investment – Starting from ₹ 3 lakhs
- Resources - A minimum 100 ft2 office that is well organised and clean, audited balance sheets regarding the agency’s capital investment, a certificate from a Chartered Accountant, International Air Transport Association’s approval etc.
- Market Demand – In 2022, according to researchers, the value of travel agencies was ₹3329056 crores (approx.) globally. Experts estimate it to grow further with a CAGR of 11.5% in the coming days.
- Profit Margin – A travel agency usually gets a 10% to 15% profit margin on total revenue.
7. Spice Business
India is a country that is responsible for almost 70% of the world’s spice production as it produces 75 out of 109 spices that the world has to offer. So, if you are looking to start a spice business in Jaipur the scope is huge. However, the completion is on par with the demand, so, finding your niche and excelling in that is a surefire way.
- Investment - ₹5 lakhs to ₹20 lakhs
- Resources – Knowledge about spice, funds, registration and licence, equipment, basic ingredients, employees, effective marketing strategy, etc.
- Market Demand – In 2022, the Indian market size of spice selling business reached ₹160676 crore. Experts estimate that it will reach ₹298909 crores within 2028 with a CAGR of 10.9%.
- Profit Margin – Around 40% to 50% on total revenue.
8. Handicrafts Business
Jaipur's rich cultural heritage and its weather have created the best environment for some of the local and highly valuable handicrafts to emerge. For example, Jaipur's hot and dry climate is best for its textile production. Other than that, this place is famous for its jewellery and paintings too. So, opening a handicraft store can be a great idea indeed.
- Investment - ₹5000 to ₹1.8 lakhs
- Resources – Location, equipment, connections with suppliers of raw material, manpower, licences, permits, online presence, etc.
- Market Demand – In 2022, the market size of the global handicraft market was ₹6150984 crore (approx.). Market specialists expect it to reach ₹10600632 crore (approx.) by 2028 with a CAGR of 9.1%.
- Profit Margin – Around 13.54% on total revenue.
9. IT Startup
India, being the third largest Software Startup Ecosystem in the world, guarantees more success compared to other fields of business. So, if you are planning to open your IT startup, do not need to hesitate further. The growth trends are in favour be it for service-based or product-based companies.
- Investment – Around ₹90000
- Resources – Funds, company registration, Digital Signature Certificate (DSC), an account on the MCA portal, office space/ virtual space, employees, etc.
- Market Demand – In 2022, the global IT professional market size was ₹6717175 crore (approx.). Researchers estimate that with a CAGR of 9.1%, it will continue to grow till 2030.
- Profit Margin – Around 8% to 20% on total revenue.
10. Warehouse Rental Business
The warehouse rental business is more than just renting a space for storage. It includes storage, account administration, inventory management, delivery and tracking, round-the-clock security, etc. So, if you have identified your niche and have found the perfect property, warehouse rental can be one of the most successful small business ideas in Jaipur.
- Investment – $10000 (₹819474 approx.) to $15000 (₹1228529 approx.)
- Resources – Funds, warehouse racking, online inventory management system, employees, etc.
- Market Demand – Market experts estimated that the warehouse leasing market will increase by ₹744534 (approx.) crore with a CAGR of 7.17%.
- Profit Margin – Around 18% to 20% on total revenue.
11. Food Truck Business
Food trucks are becoming a new sensation, and they are attracting quite a large number of customers around the country. Jaipur is a city that can accommodate and is actually in need of more unconventional food vendors. So, if you are thinking about starting a food truck business, do not wait any further, as it is one of the best small business ideas in Jaipur.
- Investment - ₹8 lakhs to ₹20 lakhs
- Resources – Old or new vehicles such as the food truck, cooking equipment, employees, connections with vendors, POS software, billing software, online presence, etc.
- Market Demand - In 2021, the value of the global food trucks market was ₹32698 crore (approx.). Experts foresee it to reach ₹49047 crore (approx.) by 2028 with a CAGR of 6.8%.
- Profit Margin - Approximately 20-30% on total revenue.
12. Fast Food Shop
Indians are always looking for new flavours and cuisines, thus making this small-scale business in Jaipur a lucrative one. It is one of the fastest growing industries in India which never fails to provide great results in the profit board. However, the quality of food and services should remain the same.
- Investment – Minimum ₹5 lakhs to ₹7 lakhs
- Resources – Investments, business registration, licence and permits, space for the shop, equipment, connection with vendors, raw materials, employees, online presence, etc.
- Market Demand – In 2021, the fast-food market size was ₹7952612 crore (approx.). Market researchers foresee it to reach ₹12002553 crore (approx.) by 2028 with a CAGR of 6.05%.
- Profit Margin – Around 5% to 20% on total revenue.
13. Wedding Planning Business
If you are an entrepreneur who enjoys connecting with new people, handling diverse responsibilities, and ensuring that people have a wonderful experience, then this business idea is for you. Jaipur, a city with a rich history and culture, is a popular destination for weddings. So, with the growing trend for hiring wedding planners, this is one of the best small-scale business ideas in Jaipur.
- Investment - ₹5 lakhs to ₹15 lakhs
- Resources – Relevant experience, funds, solid business plan, a professional team, successful marketing strategy, office space, raw materials, equipment, licences and permits, official website, etc.
- Market Demand – According to market researchers the global wedding market is going to grow at a CAGR of 6% till 2030.
- Profit Margin – Around 20% on total revenue.
14. Catering Business
A catering business is responsible for preparing and serving excellent quality food for events and providing hospitality. So, if you are an entrepreneur who is passionate about food and would like to make a fortune out of it, catering service can be a great fit. Be it drop-off, full service, or event catering it is a remunerative small investment business in Jaipur.
- Investment – Around ₹20 lakhs
- Resources – A well-thought-out business plan, a menu that reflects your niche, business registration, licence and permits, insurance, equipment, employees, an effective marketing strategy, etc.
- Market Demand – In 2021, the global catering and food service market size was ₹2053606 crores (approx.). Researchers estimate it to grow with a CAGR of 5.7% by 2031.
- Profit Margin – Around 7% to 8% on total revenue.
15. Automotive Servicing Business
If you are interested in the automobile segment and can arrange the necessary investment, opening an automotive service business can be one of the best small business ideas in Jaipur. In India, the increase in the number of car owners is astounding, so there would not be any shortage of customers any time soon.
- Investment – Starting from ₹54 lakhs
- Resources – Funds, space for the shop, employees, equipment, a good layout for the shop, clean surroundings, well-to-do marketing strategies, etc.
- Market Demand – In 2021, the market size of the automotive service industry was over ₹5604464 crores (approx.). Till 2028, experts estimate it to grow with a CAGR of 5%.
- Profit Margin – 20% to 28% for parts and 50% to 65% for labour.
16. Jewellery Designing Business
The world knows Jaipur as a coloured stone manufacturer. The scope of the jewellery industry consisting of coloured stone cutting, jewellery design, wholesale trading, manufacturing and retail is endless. It is more so, as this city in recent years has incorporated technology and innovation with its natural endowments of tradition and experience.
- Investment - ₹10 lakhs to ₹15 lakhs
- Resources – Funds, knowledge about the trade, knowledge regarding the jewellery art, awareness of competitors, business registration, licences and permits, connection with suppliers, professional artisans, effective marketing strategy, etc.
- Market Demand – In 2022, the jewellery market size was ₹2781778 crore (approx.). Market experts estimate it to grow with a CAGR of 4.6%.
- Profit Margin – Around 16% on total revenue.
17. Textile Business
It is common knowledge that India is the largest textile exporter in the world. Additionally, we already know that Jaipur’s climate is more favourable to textile production. So, starting a textile business is one of the best small business ideas in Jaipur.
- Investment – Minimum ₹25 lakhs
- Resources – Deep knowledge about the current demand and the existing market, a proper location for selling the products, necessary funds, mandatory licences and permits, connection with suppliers, a thorough business plan, an efficacious marketing strategy, employees, etc.
- Market Demand – In 2021, the global textile market size was ₹8124428 crore (approx.). Market researchers estimate that it will grow with a CAGR of 4.0% till 2030.
- Profit Margin – Around 53% on total revenue.
18. Pickle & Papad Business
In Jaipur, no meal is complete without a spoonful of pickles. It can be spicy or sour and may come in combination with papad and mangodi. Pickle making is an old tradition and it has merged itself with the feel of the place in the case of Rajasthan and Jaipur. Tourists and locals alike are the wide customer base here making this one of the best small business ideas in Jaipur.
- Investment – Minimum ₹10000
- Resources – A niche that will work for you, capital, equipment, manufacturing infrastructure, licences and registration, storage facility, preservation facility, employees, effective marketing, etc.
- Market Demand – According to market researchers the global pickles market is going to grow at a CAGR of 3.5% till 2025.
- Profit Margin - 25% to 30% on total revenue.
19. Photography Business
Being a tourist attraction, Jaipur is a city where photographers are always in demand. People who look for professional photographers do not fall back on paying for their expertise either. So, if you have an interest and expertise in this field, you can consider setting up a studio and start building your business from there.
- Investment - ₹1 lakh to ₹ 10 lakhs
- Resources - Cameras, lenses, backdrops, tripods, reflectors, light boxes, laptops etc.
- Market Demand - In 2022, the photography industry’s market size was ₹40872 crore (approx.). Experts estimate it to grow at a CAGR of 2.2% till 2032.
- Profit Margin – About 50% on total revenue.
20. Travel & Food Blogging Business
Experiencing culture through its cuisine is one of the most satisfying elements of a tour. A travel and food blogger helps his or her audience to decide where they should visit and what food they must try. With heavy demand for this content in the market, travel and food blogging is one of the most profitable low-scale business ideas in Jaipur.
- Investment – Starts from ₹5400
- Resources – Guidance from the existing blogging community, acceptance into an ad network, social media presence, fans, public relations, software platform for the creation of the content, marketing expertise, technical expertise, etc.
- Market Demand – According to research, market demand is high resulting in individual bloggers’ income of ₹32 lahks or ₹12 crore (approx.) per month.
- Profit Margin - Around 10-15% on total revenue.
21. Transportation Business
The city of Jaipur is continuously developing and so is the scope for transport business. This business includes the transportation of people or goods from one place to another. It is easily among the most money-making and versatile small business ideas in Jaipur as a global trade partner to everyday individual passengers; everyone can be your customer.
- Investment – Minimum ₹20 lakhs
- Resources – A thorough business plan, funds, equipment, vehicles, an attractive brochure, an online profile, a logo conveying the brand message, employees, licence and permits, etc.
- Market Demand – Research says that in 2022 the transport industry market size was ₹57221 crore (approx.). Experts expect it to reach ₹130792 crore (approx.) by 2032.
- Profit Margin – Around 5% to 15% on total revenue.