By 2035, these numbers may almost double, and so will the cost of the treatment. Anybody, regardless of their lifestyle and family history can fall prey to cancer, it is advised that you purchase Cancer Insurance so that you are at least stress-free when it comes to your finances. After all, prevention is better than cure!
Now it’s time to breathe a sigh of relief after all. Cancer Treatment Insurance by and large covers the following types of cancer:
Life is complicated enough. Thankfully, choosing your Cancer Insurance policy is easy!
Here are helpful tips to be kept in mind before buying a cancer insurance plan:
1. Go for High Sum Assured - The duration of cancer treatment is long. So, it is wiser to opt for a cancer insurance plan that offers a high sum assured amount.
2. Your Plan Should Cover all Stages of Cancer - Even though the rates of cancer insurance policy are high, go for a plan that covers you through all stages of cancer.
3. The Plan Should Provide Premium Waiver and Income Benefit - The high cost of cancer treatment can inevitably take your income for a toss. Hence, go for a plan that acts as a financial backup during these situations.
4. Go through the Terms and Conditions of Survival and Waiting Period of the Policy - Check and re-check the waiting period of the policy i.e. the time period you will have to wait before the policy starts providing coverage. Moreover, check the survival period of the policy to claim maximum benefits.
5. Check Family Health History - Cancer insurance makes more sense if you have a family history of cancer. Keep in mind that cancer insurance can only provide coverage for cancer. Also screening every year will help manage the risk better.
6. Double Policy Does Not Mean Double Coverage - Having a separate cancer insurance policy along with a comprehensive health insurance plan does not mean that you can avail the benefits of both the plans at the same time, unless you opt for cancer benefit policy. If cancer benefit policy is taken, regular hospitalization and treatment expenses are covered by your health insurance plan and a lumpsum can be claimed under the cancer benefit plan, which will help in the other expenses.
Important: Learn more about the benefits & what's covered in COVID 19 Health Insurance